2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 311 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Awesome, could use better tires for all the snow

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

"Great vehicle, comfortable with all the amenities. Not one issue after 33000 miles. Cons: The stock tires were not very good in snow, but very comfortable on dry pavements. Ground clearance in the front is limited by the air dam also in the snow. Acceleration is sluggish, but helps with the gas mileage. Pros: Awesome 4wd, cruising comfort, sound, navigation all excellent. Quality of material inside with not a single rattle or loose piece. The panoramic roof gives you a sense of being outside, especially when open (but not as much as my wrangler). A truly sophisticated vehicle - civilized ride."

Love the diesel engine.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy"

Cons: "non"

"Average 27 MPG driving 15 miles to work in mostly highway speeds. Have gotten as high as 33 MPG on highway. It a pleasure to drive every day and even more fun to drive in the snow. Only issue I have had was that the blue DEF had gotten low and the vehicle stopped running. Jeep towed the vehicle in filled the tank and I have not had any issues since. Overall a good vehicle."

Can't Wait For My Lease To End

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Bluetooth and XM (Didn't have them on my last car)"

Cons: "Engine, Transmission, Build Quality"

"This is the worst car I have ever had. Coming from my 2006 VW Touareg V8 I feel like I have taken a major step backwards. The car handles like an old Buick and has absolutely no steering response. You feel nothing. The 3.6L Pentastar is noisy and slow. The transmission rushes to eighth gear and G-D forbid you have to merge onto a highway, you need to floor the rattle trap in order to get it to jump down to a passing gear. I can not wait for this car to go back on lease. To add to it the car does not feel safe and is poorly put together. The headliner is sagging with only 600 miles on it and I can already hear creaks. Wish I kept my VW. The Touareg was a real go anywhere SUV, the Jeep is a go-kart in comparison"

Great value SUV with tons of features!

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "V8 power adjustable ride height, heated wheel"

Cons: "small nav screen, difficult nav. , gas mileage"

"Our Jeep Cherokee Overland edition is a fun to drive and well put together vehicle for just under 50k. Many luxurious features and great on and off road with a powerful and throaty 350HP V-8. Don't expect great mileage with the v-8 but enjoy the powerful acceleration and snow eating ability of this beast! The Nav screen is tiny and not very user friendly."

Nice Jeep, Disappointed With Winter Performance

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Nice crusin' suv in the summer"

Cons: "Not good in high snow areas"

"We have always owned 4wd trucks cos we live in snow country and decided to buy a Jeep. The sales person assured us it would be excellent in snow. We took our new 2011 Cherokee out in the snow storm we just had in late Oct. and was disappointed with it. Oh yes, it goes great when you are just driving on snow covered town roads, but when it comes to country roads and steep inclines, it does not live up to a true 4wd truck. I would trade it in if we wouldn't lose so much money. Guess it will sit in snow storms and I will use our 4wd truck. Live and learn, a very expensive lesson. If you live in high snow fall area, stick to a true 4wd. My next suv will be another 4wd truck!"