2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Excellent SUV

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable feeling of Safety"

Cons: "Cannot think of any."

"I have to say this is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned and driven and that includes BMWs."

Good Jeep but..

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to dirve"

Cons: "Nois ein the dash"

"I have a rattle in the dash behind the glove box and some noise on the right side. It has been a good SUV so far. Frankc55"

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

Great in bad weather but cheaply built

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Great in bad weather and cool looking"

Cons: "Interior is cheap plastic, touch screen"

"Well I am getting rid of this and selling back to dealer. The interior is just cheap. The leather is of poor quality and the dash is painted cheaply. From a mechanical standpoint the truck handle great but the interior is terrible and Chrysler does not warranty their own design flaws."

Not at all satisfied! Cheap Jeep!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "aggrevating, disgusted, disappointed!"

Cons: "Time for a change!"

"MPG good. Eco mode stinks, especially in town. Had nav installed and nothing has been right yet. No fault of dealership, but this product will keep them busy. My 3rd grand Cherokee. 1st was the best, down hill sense. 2nd had to have head replaced twice. Time to move to a different manufacture, Jeeps are Cheap just like all crysler products. How times have changed."

I rate this vehicle as Excellent.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"This vehicle has been excellent to own. I am overall,very satisfied. The downside of this vehicle is that on a drive of two hours or more, I start to get uncomfortable. I am 6"2". Otherwise, this vehicle has been extremely reliable in all types of weather and I am very satisfied with it's overall performance and quality."

Happy overall with a few annoying details

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Smooth, nimble, good acceleration and braking. Now for the annoying details. Door wants to close on you as your are exiting. Poor visibility out the back due to low sunglass compartment and high mounted rear glass wiper mechanism. Stiff leather."

no I would not recommend this car to anyone

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"This car has electrical problems that Chrysler has tried to fix during the last 7 months."

Quality Build, Fun To Drive, Great Looks

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Power, Comfort and a Pleasure To Drive"

Cons: "Could use a bit more interior storage."

"Over my seventy years I have bought many new cars. The 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit is without a doubt the most enjoyable car that I have owned. Before this purchase we test drove several other SUV's including Toyota, Mercedes, etc...the Jeep won out for us. It has more useable features, including safety features that I find more than useful. The ride, comfort and finish are second to none. Chrysler has done an excellent job on this most awarded SUV."

2014 grand cheroke

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"i own a 2014 grand cherokee ltd i been having issues with blanking out dashbord -transmission has mind of his own due to eletronic issues,truck do not feel lite acceleration and requires heavier push to gas pedal in order to feel pedal pressure.also,when pedal pressure is little heavy the engine revs up and if you release gas pedal will take several seconds for the engine to slow down. i have driven many cars and truck and i never had issues like this.I drove an Acura MDX for many years and i should gone back to Acura.what a mistake to buy American. since the last recall i lost 3 miles per gallon of gas i am only getting about 13/14 miles i was getting 17/18 before the recall.The bad part with some of this American made cars,you need to have someone pick you up and drop off with foregn cars you have a loaner no pick or drop off to leave your car for service."

Very Disappointing

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful exterior and interior"

Cons: "A/C failure, Fuel line leaks, gas components"

"We have loved the look of this Jeep for quite some time and heard some negative things about Jeep not being very reliable but we thought since it's 2011 they must have fixed the problems. Well we've had this SUV for 2 years now and have had it in the dealership to many times to count! Major issues that are not covered on the extended warranty of course! I don't think we will ever buy Jeep again. In fact we might just sell this one as much as we love the look of it, the maintenance has been a nightmare!"

Could not be happier!

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, responsive handling, technology"

Cons: "Gas mileage ohh well, trunk could be bigger"

"After more than 6,000 miles on my new grand Cherokee it is definitely the best car I have owned and great value for the money! I purchased the V8 hemi version of the overland with the advanced tech package and boy - this thing is smooth! They have thought out a lot of details here really, This time of the year in Michigan it is nice to get the remote working before coming down to the parking lot at work, and the car is all warmed out for you! No issues or hicks what-so-ever. The car moves fast, has great road handling - love the suspension and the tight steering. This is a solid primo car that looks good and is a joy to ride."

Love my diesel

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "MPG, standard features, drives like a car"

"It took 12 weeks for my diesel model to come in but I could not be happier with it. I average 26mpg around town and get approximately 28mpg on the highway. I have had no issues with the UConnect system and it's registration (I did register it). The bluetooth quality is extremely clear and sound system is great. The engine is quiet with plenty of power. It hugs the road better than most SUV's - my husband likes small sports cars and even he likes to drive it! Living in cold NH I love the how the heated seats and steering wheel come on automatically with the remote start. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury feel with the fuel efficiency of the diesel."

Update on my previous review from July

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "good looks inside and out. good gas mileage"

Cons: "electronic transmission shifter"

"I am updating my previous review from this past July. Back then I was very disappointed with the transmission in this vehicle. It slipped in lower gears when accelerating and it downshifted so hard that it would pull you forward in the seat when you were slowing down. I at the time had high hopes for loving this truck but was very disappointed. Today I took it back to the dealership where I bought it for a recall. I asked them to check the transmission also. I was made aware that there was a computer upgrade for the transmission which the dealer did. I am now pleased to say that this transmission shifts a lot smoother. The slipping has stopped as well as the hard downshifting. For the first time in the 7 months that I have owned this I am actually happy driving it. I had bought this in May when they first came out. I would assume the new ones already have this update done to them. I still don't like the electronic shifter. I am still missing the right gear at times when shifting. Before I had the tranny updated I was seriously considering getting rid of this but now I plan on keeping it. Overall I am now satisfied with this truck."

not happy

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "looks pretty, good music sound, roomy"

Cons: "spare tire in car, no CD"

"If I could afford a $10,000 loss, I would just get rid of this car. My computer went out after 3 months. The drivers seat moved and had a knock noise when turning left, the track was replaced. Took several trips in to get fixed. My dash has this rattle. It is so irritating, I turn my music up not to hear it. I still have trouble when turning on the steering wheel heat, it's a hit and miss. When it and the seat warmer goes on, there is a significant click. I am working now with a consultant from the manufacturer. Hopefully we can come to a resolution. I am miserable."

Wish I'd have thought this through....

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Solid, stylish, quiet, powerful, sure-footed."

Cons: "Seat adjuster button in very inconvenient place."

"This was my first Jeep and at first I was really impressed with it. It is a very solid vehicle with great styling and trim, excellent turning radius, impressive power and it's quiet. I really liked the 30GB hard drive, too bad they had to put 4 of them in it before we could get one to work right. The BlueTooth is a feature I can't live without, but I learned how for the first year I had this thing. They finally got that fixed, but... Over the 2 1/2 years I've owned this, it's been in the shop for transmission issues 4 times, computer issues 4 times, driveability issues another couple of times and if there was ever a vehicle that should have been taken back under the lemon law provisions, this was it. The real kicker was a buildup of water under the passenger's side floorboards which would slosh around constantly while you were driving...it took a year to find and fix that problem. I've had it. I know people swear by these cars, but I can only swear at it. Once I get rid of this, I'llneve buy another Jeep again."

Worth every penny!

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Technology, fun to drive, comfort"

Cons: "none yet"

"This vehicle is AWESOME. Nothing compares technologically. The Jeep drives like a car, smooth and quite. Can't be happier. Don't let any negative reviews deter you, Jeep has fixed the problems."

Update on my July 25 review

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage for such a heavy suv"

Cons: "Don't like the default to econ on start up"

"If you have any problems with your Jeep FIRST contact customer service in Auburn Hills in Michigan and get a name and a case number BEFORE going to the dealership, this gets the dealerships attention. I had a problem with the Uconnect system, radio presets & navigation losing its mind. Eventually the system was replaced and updated, no problems to date. My other problem was the memory seats not setting to different drivers, after the dealership was unable to solve the problem my case manager and I had a 3 way phone discussion with a tech guy in Michigan we determined that drive # 1 and #2 MUST lock and unlock the suv using only THEIR key fob so the suv knows who the next driver will be an can set the seat position accordingly, do not use the "touch the door handle method" if you are going to use the seat recall feature. This is not explained correctly in any of the user guides or manuals. Unlike some of the revues I can only say that the customer service in Michigan, who were constantly calling me with updates, and on top of the situation, did a great job. The local dealership were great even when I had not purchased it from them"

Soon to be a "former" Jeep owner!!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice both inside and out, comfortable."

Cons: "Too many to list!!!"

"In February of 2011 I bought a V6 Overland and from day one there were issues. When coasting to a stop the brakes make a horrible humming noise. Jeeps answer: "its just a minor program problem with no update." Next was a complete failure of the A/C unit @ 9400 miles. Then at 12,000 miles the tailgate window hinge broke away from the glass because the adhesive melted from the sun. Next was the transmission banging into gear, that was another program problem. There are many other things that failed and I'm sure you can get the picture. I'm not one to buy extended warranties but in this case I "thought" it would be wise. The final straw was last week when my whole entire leather dash shrunk and wrinkled literally within 4 days when I left it in my driveway. That problem cost $3800 and of course its not warrantied. This vehicle has been in the shop a total of 24 times in the 33 months I've owned it. Unfortunately at month 24 it was one problem shy of falling under the Florida State Lemon law. I currently still have the jeep but in the process of selling it and never returning to Jeep. At this point its cheaper to cut my losses and go with a better quality manufacturer."

Almost a Home-Run

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Exterior and Interior fit and finish, sound system"

Cons: "Shift knob, rear window doesn't open"

"Traded in 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for the 2014 Summit. The redesign is nearly a home-run. The auto leveling feature is great when I have heavy items in back or on hitch. The adaptive cruise control on my first long trip was a real pleasure to use. The interior looks great and is very comfortable. In ECO mode, which vehicle defaults to when started, the shifting IS different than any other vehicle, but that's why a nearly 5000 lb vehicle can get such good gas mileage. You don't get something for nothing and if I want a more traditional or agressive shifting pattern, I just turn off ECO mode or put into SPORT mode. I do not like the 100% electric shift knob. I still hunt for "D" or "R" when making a quick Y turn. The UConnect software and touch screen could be quicker and did freeze up on me once, but in general is very easy to figure out. I don't like that they got rid of the seperately opening manual rear window since that was nice when transporting longer items (now cannot be opened seperately). Sound system is amazing and has so many options for music sources I'm still finding new ways to play music (XM radio, HD radio, regular FM, Aux input, CD player, BlueTooth streaming music,etc..)."

Best Jeep Yet

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, great gas milage, best computer"

Cons: "None since the software updates"

"This is an awesome vehicle. I am reading a bunch of complaints, but they all revolved around 2 things, and both problems have been FIXED by Jeep. The first is the rough transmission, which has been fixed by a software update, and the people with updates will tell you the transmission is now smooth as silk. The second problem is with Uconnect. The problem with this has been fixed, also with a software upgrade. A lot of the people complaining here have not even upgraded the software. Again, people running the most current software will say this is the best onboard computer available today. The Jeep is well built, and after the minor fixes, this vehicle is a definite 10. I have owned 3 Grand Cherokees, and this is by far the best. Don't let the negative nellies in here sway you away, because this vehicle will not disappoint."

Absolutely love this car.

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Body style, Uconnect ..."

Cons: "A bit too pricy in Canada"

"Absolutely love this car."

Cancelled delivery of my 2014 Grand Cherokee

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Great looks, comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "Questions of reliability"

"I was to pick a 2014 Summit the other day but the night before I started reading all the troubles consumers were having and had to cancel. There seemed to be no clear answer to my questions regarding these problems from the dealer other than software problems. I really like the features and looks of this vehicle. If the problems weren't there it would be in my garage right now. Anyone know if there are solid fixes in sight? Or, should I start looking else where."

I want to love my Jeep...

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Nice body style"

Cons: "Uconnect"

"...and it may sound petty, but I just can't due to all of the issues I've had with UConnect. I have an iPhone 4s and have NEVER, since purchasing the vehicle brand new in Jan. '13, been able to have a reliable connection with my Bluetooth. Yes, that is a VERY minor issue, but if I didn't want those features in a vehicle, I could have spent far less money on something more basic. However, having those features (i.e.: back-up camera, navigation, bluetooth connectivity, etc.) were something I wanted. Almost every time I connect my phone via Bluetooth, one of two things occurs: 1) it takes almost 10 minutes for the connection to work successfully or, more fun 2) the entire screen and all associated controls, freeze. I live approximately 40 minutes from my place of employment and since purchasing my Grand Cherokee, I have driven that 40 minute commute with the back-up camera still active almost 5 times. Unacceptable. When these little "freezes" occur, you can't do anything associated with the Nav screen; no navigation, you can't change the radio station, you can't change the volume, nothing. It won't even turn off! Often, the screen will stay on even after the vehicle is in park and I've exited and locked it. At this point I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that I own what could, in theory, be a great car, but it just doesn't live up to the hype, or the poor customer service response I've received from Jeep. Basically they tell me that I have to either live with the computer constantly freezing or just not utilize the bluetooth. Why would I have spent the money on a vehicle with bells and whistles that I cannot even use?! I could have kept my perfectly reliable Ford and not had the almost 7 trips to the dealership only to be told they just don't know what's wrong."

Transmission Problems

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "UConnet"

Cons: "Transmission"

"I love the look and technology of this car. I own a 2014 GC Limited. UConnect it great. Love that I can start my car from my desk. Not the best navigation. And now on to the transmission, terrible. Car doesn't shift gears properly. Car is constantly jerking because it is not in the proper gear because it didn't downshift/upshift properly. If you slow down for a red light but do not completely stop when you step on the gas the car doesn't go then suddenly jumps to 3rd for 4th gear causing the whole car to jerk. Make a turn across traffic at your own risk...because of the shifting problem car will hesitate (stop) and although you may have enough time to complete the turn you might not. Been to dealership 5 times and their answer is "that's not abnormal." I have had 3 updates in 6 months but none have fixed the problem. At first all I wanted was the car fixed...now I am feeling a little burned. My money was good enough to take, including the purchase of the protection warranty (covers all different parts of tranny but not whole tranny)but I am not significant enough to have my car fixed. Just want to get rid of it at this point."