2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 318 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Almost a Home-Run

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Exterior and Interior fit and finish, sound system"

Cons: "Shift knob, rear window doesn't open"

"Traded in 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for the 2014 Summit. The redesign is nearly a home-run. The auto leveling feature is great when I have heavy items in back or on hitch. The adaptive cruise control on my first long trip was a real pleasure to use. The interior looks great and is very comfortable. In ECO mode, which vehicle defaults to when started, the shifting IS different than any other vehicle, but that's why a nearly 5000 lb vehicle can get such good gas mileage. You don't get something for nothing and if I want a more traditional or agressive shifting pattern, I just turn off ECO mode or put into SPORT mode. I do not like the 100% electric shift knob. I still hunt for "D" or "R" when making a quick Y turn. The UConnect software and touch screen could be quicker and did freeze up on me once, but in general is very easy to figure out. I don't like that they got rid of the seperately opening manual rear window since that was nice when transporting longer items (now cannot be opened seperately). Sound system is amazing and has so many options for music sources I'm still finding new ways to play music (XM radio, HD radio, regular FM, Aux input, CD player, BlueTooth streaming music,etc..)."

Very Reliable and Safe Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun daily driver vehicle, good looking SUV"

Cons: "A/C switch on steering also"

"Excelent ride, interior comfort, good gas mileage, engine sound like a lot., so far very good service and NO trips yet for warranty services. U connect is a plus"

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "sharp, high comfort, good handling"

Cons: "mpg"

"This vehicle has great presence on the road. Looks outstanding and has plenty of power even in the V6 model. The fuel mileage would be the only weak point, but you have to expect that with a SUV."

Couldn't be more satisfied!

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "great on long drives, love the warm steering wheel"

Cons: "Has every bell and whistle anyone would need"

"Automatic start is the greatest, especially living in a cold climate. Nice to get into a warm car, pre-heated seat, pre-heated steering wheel & defrost of rear window and side mirrors is on. Can cool the seats in the summer. Backup camera has been a real lifesaver. Being able to have settings for 2 different drivers is a helpful. Navigation system is a must and fairly easy to use. This car is, hopefully, our final car purchase as we retire."

The Grand Cherokee has been kicked up a notch!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Dollar for Dollar a great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Electronic Transmission Selector tricky."

"This car replaced my 2009 Grand Cherokee. The difference in comfort and performance is amazing. I loved my 2009 Jeep, but this card far exceeds my expectations on all levels. 20 mpg every day and a consistent 26-27 mpg on the highway. My 2009 with the V6 engine 21 mpg highway on a good day."

Best Jeep Yet!

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride. Great sound system. Options"

Cons: "Large exterior mirrors. Sunroof noise."

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Altitude Edition

"I wouldn't say I'm a Jeep enthusiast, but my 2012 Jeep is my third Grand Cherokee. I recently got rid of my 1999 Laredo with 185,000 miles, and still have my 2009 Laredo with 60,000 miles. I think there were a lot of shortcomings with the older models, but living in a rural area meant I couldn't live without the utilitarian capabilities a Jeep provides over an AWD car or crossover. Underneath, they are still more like a truck, with bigger wheels and the higher ground clearance I wanted. The new Grand Cherokee body style looks more like my 1999 did, and I like that. Other than similar looks, all else is different. My 2012 Grand Cherokee is a Laredo model, which is the lower end of the trim scale. However, it is a Laredo "Altitude" trim level, which is closer to the Limited for many things. It has the leather electric adjustable heated seats, sunroof, mid-range 9-speaker sound system with subwoofer, u-connect phone, tow package, tilt-telescopic steering wheel, 4x4, fog lamps, remote start, keyless entry and pushbutton start to name several upgrades. The Altitude comes in several trim types that make it very unique even amongst the Jeeps. Mine is all black, including the grill, low-profile mag wheels, and most trim. Many people have commented that they thought it was a police vehicle, which might explain why I get "trapped" behind vehicles that suddenly seem to slow down when I am behind them. The heating and A/C system has FINALLY been fixed in the Grand Cherokee. Both the heat and A/C can keep up with whatever mother nature dishes out, and the front and rear seats have their own floor and face vents. The wheelbase has been lengthened and the rear legroom incresed in the new model. I also love that the rear seats recline somewhat for comfort, and have a center drinkholder/armrest if there are not five passengers. The rear seat has access to an A/C plug which can be switched on or off from the dash (for safety). The ride is the smoothest yet, and the vehicle interior is quiet at all speeds, which makes the sound system even better. My sound system has the LCD screen which is used for system controls, back-up camera viewing, and u-connect phone controls. While it looks the same as those systems that have it, mine does not have the GPS built in. Since I own four Garmins, this isn't an issue for me. The system has two USB ports, one on the radio and one in the center console. It has a 1/8" aux input plug, and CD/DVD capability. It will only play DVD's if you are not moving. Any pictures or music can be downloaded to a 32G built in hard drive. The system will also play music from my smart phone via Bluetooth, including allowing me to control music selection on the phone without touching the phone. Volume, searches, and input selection can also be done from the multiple steering wheel controls. My Jeep is the automatic 4x4 system with no manual controls available, so this is a significant change compared to my other two Jeeps. My first instinct is to see this as a negative, but I haven't gotten stuck yet either. For typical driving, the 3.6 liter V-6 has been fine, getting as high as 25 MPG over a 600 mile trip. For towing, I wish I had the Hemi V-8, but the V-6 still gets the job done. My 2012 Grand Cherokee sits higher off the ground than my previous models did. The higher end models have a lowering feature, but I intend to buy the nerf bars for this one, as my petite wife is challenged with easy access to the seats. Jeep put a permeable wind screen that pops up when the sunroof is open, which is very noisy. A non-permeable windscreen I've had on other sunroofs is not as noisy. Overall, I would say that Jeep hit a grand-slam with the well appointed Grand Cherokee, and I am intent on buying another new one for ME very soon, as my wife doesn't let me near this one very often."

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Altitude Edition

Grand Cherokee Overland Summit

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "great car!!! safe reliable well built high quality"

Cons: "gas mileage not so good, accurate but low"

"this is the most beautiful high quality totally loaded car in this price range. I have never had a single problem mechanically. she is just gorgeous. The only draw back is the gas mileage is very low. This car has the best 4 wheel drive ever!!"

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

Love it. Dirves like our old E420 Mercedes

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive... A Rocket Ship on Wheels"

Cons: "Did not come with "5.7L HEMEI" logo. I had to buy"

"Drives great..similar to our old Mercedes E420. Gas Mileage averages between 20-22 mpg. Consistant 21.5 Mpg at 75 mph w/aircond & all power one. It runs on 4 cly most of the time. Excellent features: backup video system is a really great feature with an SUV."

Overland Summit

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Rugged, Style, V8, Versatility"

Cons: "Gas Mileage 13/20"

"2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. Black with Saddle Interior. Rich, luxurious, rugged, very solid truck. Nice quiet ride. 5.7L V8 360HP. Elegant interior. Every available option including Chrome Mopar Edition. Sticker $50,710 and purchased it for $44,131. I traded in a Cadillac Escalade and some people make the comment that I downgraded, lol. If only they knew the truth! Perfect Chicago car for year round driving. Perfect truck for a 6'2 guy like me."