2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

Jeep Makes a Comeback

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, safe, versatile, stylish"

Cons: "seats are a bit hard, gas mileage (V8)"

"The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been thoroughly updated- a leap from 2010 to 2011 so drastic it's like comparing an elephant missing a leg to an overenthusiastic puppy. The 2010 was impressive enough, with decent on road manners and commendable off-road performance, but the interior was lacking, as was the safety and the styling. the 2011, however, takes everything 100 levels up. the styling is modern and sleek, the on-road manners are commendable with well-weighted steering, quick responses to anything the driver does, and athletic and graceful movements. Off-road, the beast is nearly unstoppable with 3 4x4 systems and even air suspension, plus exceptional standard approach, breakover, and departure angles, and a generous amount of standard ground clearance and traction. The safety is a standout, with many awards including the MSN Autos Safest SUV in America Award. interior room in generous with a large cargo area, fold-flat rear seats, and plenty of legroom for all five seats. The optional 9-speaker Alpine sound system is exceptional, as is the Garmin navigation system. With the standard 3.6 Liter V6, the Jeep is modestly quick but becomes a hot rod with the scorching 5.7 Liter Hemi V8. The only downside of this new Jeep is fuel economy with the V8... but who cares? that's not why you buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You buy it because you want a fun, fast, off-road capable, safe, stylish, versatile Sport-Utility-Vehicle."

WOW - what a great SUV = Jeep Overland Summit

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Ease of use for all electronics, great ride"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

"This vehicle has it all!! An easy to use Navigation system, Radio, climate control, special controls, applications all wrapped into one screen - and you can access just about all of it via voice control - that allows you to customize just about anything or everything on the vehicle. It rides very smooth on highway and city roads (and does great off road as well). It is a great looking vehicle - only downsides I have are the wind noise at highway speeds (not terrible but it is noticeable) and that I can't do text messaging because I have an iPhone.... Otherwise a definite recommend!"

Very quiet for a SUV

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Very good ride for a SUV"

Cons: "8 speed to low on take off"

"I am having problems with the "Linked to key fob" feature on the memory seat option, it will not work with the "Easy seat exit" feature. First gear on the 8 speed box it "TO LOW" makes the car feel like it is bogging down when you take off, I know you can take off in 2nd manually with the paddle shifters, but I wanted a auto not a manual. Other wise a great car."

This is simply the best Jeep I've ever owned!

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Best you can get for the money!"

Cons: "Wish it had the "old style" crossbars for the roof"

"I've owned four Jeeps prior to this one -- 88 Grand Cherokee, 95 Grand Cherokee, 99 Wrangler and 04 Grand Cherokee. This is, by far, the best Jeep I've ever owned and probably the best 4X4 I've ever owned also. It is very elegant -- enough so, that we often drive it to dinner, etc. rather than our BMW car. We occasionally pull a self-contained camp trailer with this vehicle and it does extremely well. I have to remind myself that the RV is back there. We take this rig skiing all winter long and are amazed at its surefootedness. It's a great vehicle!"