2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

BEST HIGH END 4X4 ON THE MARKET

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "PAN GLASS MOON ROOF IS HUGE"

Cons: "NO ISSUES"

"I HAVE A 2012 JEEP GC OVERLAND 4X4 5.7L. GREAT LOOKING -GREAT DRIVING.I HAVE OWNED A LEXUS LX450 AND PORSCHE CAYENNE S. THE OVERLAND JEEP IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER."

Awesome car - in every way possible.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Smooth driving and cornering."

"Jeep knew what they were doing when they created this beauty!"

Don't judge the book by its cover

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

"I owned 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland for over a year now. I really love the new look in side and out. It has a lot of fancy little gadgets. Ride is very comfortable and quite. Biggest issue I have was electronics. I had a lot of issues with different sensors and computer. Main screen is very slow on response. Takes couple seconds after you press a button and sometimes even longer."

Multiple Flavors - Jack of All Trades

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

"Before I tell you about my GC Ltd, Diesel, w/ Off-Road II package, a word of warning about car reviews. There are for this vehicle, six trim levels, four engines, three transmissions and three final drive ratios. What is said about this vehicle may apply to only one combination and even the pro writers may confuse the specs. That said, I enjoy the vehicle immensely. Of course, we're talking diesel here. If you're a performance junky, here's the story. Obviously, the 3.6l is the slowest and the SRT is in a league of its own. However, if all you compare is the 0-60 specs of the 5.7 l Hemi to the diesel, you won't get the full story. As the diesel has more torque and a lower final drive ratio, its probably faster than the hemi in the 0-35 mph range (and you will be impressed). Although I wouldn't say that the shifting is perfect at all times, the diesel/8 speed qualifies as butter smooth. You may read some complaints that the shifter is fussy. What his amounts to is that the détentes are feathered light as are the power window switches. If you hammer at them without thinking, you'll go past where you want. I have had the opportunity to go up a mile long 45 degree slope several times in low gear with the paddle shifters. Effortless fun. Complaints? Had an OBD light come on at 385 miles. Egr bypass control fault attributed to a vacuum line. To be fixed shortly. Upon upgrading UConnect radio software, I lost Bluetooth metadata (presently investigating). And, I wouldn't call the ride quality a luxury vehicle ride. A touch noisy over rough road. However, my vehicle is an off road setup with 18" wheels. My opinion might be different with a Summit trim with 20" wheels. Lastly, I'm exceeding the mpg specs (21/28). Getting 23 in the city and 30 on the highway at 70 mph. Not bad for a 5400 lb vehicle that accelerates like a rocket in it lower gears."

Fantastic vehicle.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Lots of gadgets, comfortable, love the Adaptive Cr"

Cons: "No room for golf clubs sideways like the older one"

"We love this GC Overland. I only have 1 gripe so far. My old 2008 GC would fit 4 sets of Golf Clubs sideways. This 2014 is about 6 inches narrower in the rear storage area. Cannot even lay 1 set down sideways. Otherwise it is great and with the 6 cyl is getting overall right at 22MPG. Not bad for a 5000lb. vehicle."

See if you qualify for