2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great power with the 5.7 Hemi.

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Great power with the 5.7 Hemi."

Cons: "Not sold on reliability."

"Has had 3 recalls in less than a year. Shifts a little rough and bogs some before it decides to downshift. Also, under heavy acceleration I get exhaust smell in cab and now I smell antifreeze."

EXCELLENT RIDING AND HANDLING AUTO. VERY STYLISH.

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "GREAT TO DRIVE."

"FOR SURE THE BEST OVERALL CAR I'VE OWNED AND I'VE HAD ABOUT A DOZEN NEW CARS IN MY LIFETIME. GREAT FOR MYSELF BUT SPOUSE IS A LITTLE SHORT AND HAS ROUGH TIME GETTING INTO AND OUT OF THIS JEEP."

Nice car but what's up with jeep

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

"Jeep needs to slow down on the builds on my fourth recall total pain didn't have these issues with my first grand Cherokee . PS NOT HAPPY"

Best SUV amog the mid-price vehicles.

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

"The best car for its price. well trimmed, well put together, great pent-star engine, great mileage, I average 21MPG driving. will buy new one next year, maybe diesel in place of V8."

Great SUV NOT!

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Great car for towing, camping and comfort drive"

Cons: "Cheap materials, bad reliability."

"I have owned my GC Summit for 18 months and 30,000 miles. Its a great car for the money however I have had nothing but trouble with this car. To their credit Jeep has solved every issue under warranty but the inconvenience of dropping the car off for a few days every other month is not a pleasant experience, the car has had issues with the A/C, Cruise Control, Seatbelt alarm, Break boosters, suspension airlifts, blue smoke, body panels coming off and rust on the front pumper. The materials used in this car look nice but feel very cheap to the touch! Just touch the front grille!"

Smooth, quiet, reliable, carries stuff, all good.

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "good mileage, smooth and quiet."

Cons: "Door locks and starting system not reliable."

"This car has been very good. Only a couple of problems relating to the locking/starting system. Once it locked me out with the key in the car. Cost $80 for a tow truck guy to break in. Both key fobs and some part of the computer replaced under warranty because it would not recognize its own keys. Two of the door locks would not respond to the remotes or anything except manually opening them. Cost $600 to get that fixed. so ends the list of complaints. Otherwise it has been great. Runs smoothly. Mileage is good for such a heavy vehicle. 4,300 pounds. Gets 25 on the highway but only 14 in town. the government sticker said 18 city, 22 highway, so I guess I can't complain. I had several other mid-sized SUV's that never got over 19 highway. (Cherokee, Liberty, 4Runner, Pathfinder, Toyota FJ Cruiser)"

Love the diesel engine.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy"

Cons: "non"

"Average 27 MPG driving 15 miles to work in mostly highway speeds. Have gotten as high as 33 MPG on highway. It a pleasure to drive every day and even more fun to drive in the snow. Only issue I have had was that the blue DEF had gotten low and the vehicle stopped running. Jeep towed the vehicle in filled the tank and I have not had any issues since. Overall a good vehicle."

Great Ride

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "BIGGER BRAKE PADS!!!"

"If I decided to get another Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD I would not get the BIG 8. I personally do not need that size engine. But I LOVE MY JEEP. It's been good to me. It looks brand new. I have had this 4 years."

BEST JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ECO DIESEL.

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

"I have my Jeep for 5 months just love it,I have no problem with my JEEP GC 2014. I looked at every competitors SUV on the market and believe this is the best value. I did test drive with 7 other car companies and felt this was the best drive. It feels like when you fly first class vs economy. I am proud to buy from a US brand company."

Well worth the purchase...

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Overall great vehicle for the amenities and price"

Cons: "none yet"

"I own a 2014 Overland Edition. I have yet to see any of the flaws mentioned in below reviews (knock on wood). I have roughly 3000 miles on the vehicle and cannot find any cons at this point. I believe the transmission shifts very smooth. The pick up is great and am currently averaging 23-24 miles per gallon on average. It did take a little while to get the driver seat adjusted to my liking and has since been a comfortable/enjoyable ride. I have taken the Jeep to FL twice and all passengers have enjoyed the ride. There is not much cargo space for big trips but this was remedied by purchasing a cargo tray that inserts into the trailer hitch. Overall, my family is really enjoying this classy ride."

great car terrific value love to drive it

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"car does everything it is suppose to looks great drove every suv in the market bought this one and very happy"

New transmission is awful

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Nice styling"

Cons: "Lousy new transmission an gear shifter."

"I have owned nothing but Jeep Grand Cherokees for the past 20 years, having had at least 5 in that time. The new transmission and gear shifter, introduced for the 2014 model is just awful. Transmission is sluggish and slow to respond. Feels sometimes like when you are driving with someone in a manual transmission car and they dont know how to shift. The new gear shifter is complicated, and its hard to know what gear you are in, or get the car into the gear you want. I have thought I was in park and actually was in reverse. I cant bee live they ruined this car. The transmission was awesome, the gear shifter was fine, and they just ruined them. I will be selling my new 2014 with 3500 miles on it as soon as I can. I have noted many used 2014's available on dealer websites, so obviously I am not alone. This vehicle is a dud."

worst veihcle ever had

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "not many"

Cons: "junk"

"never buy another jeep/fiat product again the do not accept responsibility for anything/everything that is wrong with this SUV"

Thus far, a well built reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "decent fuel mileage 23ish combined"

Cons: "Nav system is difficult to configure"

"no issues with exception of a blown headlamp (warranty). no rattles or show of ware. Tech package is awesome and I continue to become more familiar with its capabilities."

Worst car, or any product experience ever!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Only the design"

Cons: "Horrible transmission, and computer glitches"

"I have owned this car for a little over a year, and have been battling Chrysler to fix the transmission from the beginning. I've had the vehicle in 9 or 10 times (for more than 30 days off the road), but only after I hired a lawyer did they finally replace the transmission. They don't value their customers at all and don't support their products - it's no wonder they have the lowest % of repeat buyers among the large manufacturers. The car looks great and has some nice features, but don't be sucked into what I'll call the superficial qualities of the car. The car consistently shifted like a teenager learning to drive a stick (and this car is an automatic). Chrysler wouldn't allow the dealership to put in new parts, but instead kept trying a series of software updates, never caring if it actually fixed my problem. They didn't care that I was inconvenienced by having to continually bring it back in for repair, and didn't care if that the car didn't work properly. If you buy this car after reading this review, you only have yourself to blame."

Lots of amenities but..

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "love technology pkg and lift gate"

Cons: "mileage is much lower than quoted & engine is loud"

"I LOVE the power lift gate, it opens and closes with a button. And LOVE the cross traffic warning when backing up. Nice to have a "Screen Off" button easily accessible, the nav screen is really bright at night (lights up the whole cabin even on low setting). Heated rear seats are nice and hard to find around this price point. With that said, at this price pt, it could use heat & ac vents for the rear seats! There seem to be a lot of software issues and odd things don't work. Its turning out to be expensive and time consuming to keep up with maintenance and updates. There are updates and recalls every month, you have to sit and wait for them each time. The radio still doesn't work, it changes stations and modes randomly, the ventilated seats absolutely don't blow enough air to feel at all, even with a wet hand for testing. I think the cabin is pretty quiet expect if you are accelerating. Its a heavy vehicle so takes a lot of gas to get up to speed. The best mileage has been 16 hwy and 13 is best in city for me. I haven't taken it near the dirt, I don't want to damage it. I've had 3 flat tires in the city and the 20" wheels just seem a little risky (or odd) to take off-road anywhere. Anyway, love the advanced technology package, (blind spot monitoring and backup features) totally worth the additional price. Really disappointed in the low miles per gallon., not very close to the quotes on the window sticker. Wish the diesel version had been available when I purchased. Don't know if its more economical but worth a look."

Best Grand Cherokee ever. 6 cyl great pep & MPG

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Feel safe. Quick, handles well and great brakes."

Cons: "Non yet."

"Grand Cherokee Limited rear wheel drive: Great ride. 24 city and 26 Hwy with 6 cylinder. Quality interior and fit and finish on exterior. Cherry Red metal flake paint is beautiful in the sun."

great suv

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"only problem is the headlights,autolevel keeps moving headlights up and down,driving other drivers in front of me crazy"

This vehicle is very classy looking.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "I can't wait to drive my Jeep again."

"I did get the 4X4 and you can't tell by the comfort of the ride. I just wish they would get this 8 gear transmission problem fixed,and the electric wiring as well. I've had my jeep since November and it has been in 4 times regarding the transmission. The dealer has now had it for two weeks and doing there best considering Chrysler is in the drivers seat. You guys need to get it together. ASAP"

It could be so much better

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, towing, comfortable, sharp looks."

Cons: "Nav is terrible, radio bad, diesel overly expensiv"

"Apparently this form is incapable of interpreting paragraphs. Overall rating of KBB review form, 2/10. Here we go in order of ‘The Good, The Bad and The Ugly’. If you shop like me you can skip to The Ugly to find out what’s infuriating. OK, now make that little spaghetti western noise. The Good: I love the diesel, the air suspension, the ride and the ability to tow 7400lbs. The cockpit is mostly well designed, comfortable and roomy. This thing gets me (and my trailer) where I want to go in style. Make that noise again. The Bad: In order to get adaptive cruise control and diesel you wind up spending about $15,000 more because of all the required upgrades. This may or may not be bad depending on whether comfort or money mean more to you. Three other issues fall under ‘bad’ for me. The first is the seat positioning button, the one by your left knee. It has two settings. You know why? Because I hit it with my knee every single time I get into the vehicle and it resets. Move this button Jeep. The second bad thing is the shifter. My 2010 Overland had a good shifter. It had a longer throw, felt stable and sure and didn’t have a cap on it that comes off all the time. The 2014 is just the opposite. Finally, what is wrong with 4x4 low? Unless you’re crawling along at 1-2 MPH the vehicle surges on hills like someone is slamming the brakes on. I have a steep gravel driveway. The steep part is 80 yards long. If I travel above an idle in low up this hill I wind up with whiplash and it ain’t from an unsteady foot. Make that noise one more time then cut your eyes back and forth. The Ugly: Who created this NAV of torture? Oh My God! I’ve had this NAV take me OFF a 4 lane interstate at 3AM that had ZERO traffic and ZERO accidents. It routed me through 10-15 miles of country towns. I’ve had this NAV take me off a normal highway to drive me through 30MPH side streets that CAME BACK TO THE SAME HIGHWAY. It literally took me on a D shape. I’ve had this NAV bypass highways for small towns and stop and go traffic on multiple instances. The ONLY thing this NAV is good for is looking at the cool avatar of the Jeep or the Charger. Whoever created the NAV probably had a hand in designing the radio. I like the fact that I can use USB or SD media. That’s great. Unfortunately there are two modes of listening if you like variety; random ALL (all tracks are shuffled (that’s 6000+ songs on my 64GB SD card)) or manual mode where you select genre/folder/song manually. If you try to select, say, a folder or a genre and hit shuffle, you get ALL tracks, not the tracks in the genre or the folder or the subfolders. This radio lacks the basic functionality that Winamp has had since…1999? I’ve heard the apps are not good either but I didn’t bother setting them up. I did opt for the basic UConnect so I can remotely unlock the vehicle from my PC but that’s it. Take the NAV, take the radio and burn em. Cut a hole in the dash where I can put my Phone. Right? Am I the only one who thinks this? Overall the Jeep Limited 4x4 with diesel and technology package was the best vehicle for me. As much as I complain about the items here I can work around them assuming the vehicle stays reliable. If the few nagging issues were resolved I’d be 100% happy instead of 70% happy with my $48,000 purchase."

Love it

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "luxurious, powerful, fun, good looking"

"Luxurious and powerful ride. Good looking...lots of positive comments."

Dont buy if Customer service is important

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Cons: "No Dealer or Corporate service"

"Don't buy this car if customer service on warranty items is important to you. I've made countless calls for a warranty issue and am constantly told by Chrysler they have no information and then the dealer tells me the info has been sent. Bottom line I have not recieved a call back more than a dozed times after I was promised a return call and resolution. Don't buy a Chrysler!"

Reliable Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, great in icy weather"

Cons: "Driver's seat goes flat fast, not comfortable"

"Jeeps are the best there are for reliability. They handle well, they maintain value. Wish the driver's seat was more comfortable. Jeep seats go flat quickly! Laredo is meant for a tall person (I'm 5'6" female) who can put the seat back with long legs and still see above the dash."

Really like to drive this jeep.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Great car to drive"

Cons: "The v-8 not good on gas"

"Love the car and nothing I don't like except I got the 5.7 Liter and only get 14.8 miles to gallon around town. That is if I don't get on it sometimes. My son in law has a 2014 Jeep Cherokee like mine with the 6 cylinder and gets 19 around town. My mistake so I will trade in and get the 6."

Worst transmission ever built!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"The worst transmission ever built on the planet!"