2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

Jeep Makes a Comeback

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, safe, versatile, stylish"

Cons: "seats are a bit hard, gas mileage (V8)"

"The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been thoroughly updated- a leap from 2010 to 2011 so drastic it's like comparing an elephant missing a leg to an overenthusiastic puppy. The 2010 was impressive enough, with decent on road manners and commendable off-road performance, but the interior was lacking, as was the safety and the styling. the 2011, however, takes everything 100 levels up. the styling is modern and sleek, the on-road manners are commendable with well-weighted steering, quick responses to anything the driver does, and athletic and graceful movements. Off-road, the beast is nearly unstoppable with 3 4x4 systems and even air suspension, plus exceptional standard approach, breakover, and departure angles, and a generous amount of standard ground clearance and traction. The safety is a standout, with many awards including the MSN Autos Safest SUV in America Award. interior room in generous with a large cargo area, fold-flat rear seats, and plenty of legroom for all five seats. The optional 9-speaker Alpine sound system is exceptional, as is the Garmin navigation system. With the standard 3.6 Liter V6, the Jeep is modestly quick but becomes a hot rod with the scorching 5.7 Liter Hemi V8. The only downside of this new Jeep is fuel economy with the V8... but who cares? that's not why you buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You buy it because you want a fun, fast, off-road capable, safe, stylish, versatile Sport-Utility-Vehicle."

WOW - what a great SUV = Jeep Overland Summit

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Ease of use for all electronics, great ride"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

"This vehicle has it all!! An easy to use Navigation system, Radio, climate control, special controls, applications all wrapped into one screen - and you can access just about all of it via voice control - that allows you to customize just about anything or everything on the vehicle. It rides very smooth on highway and city roads (and does great off road as well). It is a great looking vehicle - only downsides I have are the wind noise at highway speeds (not terrible but it is noticeable) and that I can't do text messaging because I have an iPhone.... Otherwise a definite recommend!"

Very quiet for a SUV

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Very good ride for a SUV"

Cons: "8 speed to low on take off"

"I am having problems with the "Linked to key fob" feature on the memory seat option, it will not work with the "Easy seat exit" feature. First gear on the 8 speed box it "TO LOW" makes the car feel like it is bogging down when you take off, I know you can take off in 2nd manually with the paddle shifters, but I wanted a auto not a manual. Other wise a great car."

This is simply the best Jeep I've ever owned!

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Best you can get for the money!"

Cons: "Wish it had the "old style" crossbars for the roof"

"I've owned four Jeeps prior to this one -- 88 Grand Cherokee, 95 Grand Cherokee, 99 Wrangler and 04 Grand Cherokee. This is, by far, the best Jeep I've ever owned and probably the best 4X4 I've ever owned also. It is very elegant -- enough so, that we often drive it to dinner, etc. rather than our BMW car. We occasionally pull a self-contained camp trailer with this vehicle and it does extremely well. I have to remind myself that the RV is back there. We take this rig skiing all winter long and are amazed at its surefootedness. It's a great vehicle!"

Very nice SUV for the money

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Ride height, ride quality, quiet, cargo space"

Cons: "Seats could be a little more comfortable"

"I love JEEPs. This is only my second, however. My first was an '07 Wrangler X that I got rid of due to the dreaded "death wobble". I hope they have that ironed out by now. I bought this GC brand new (had 90 miles on it), and I love it. We owned a Cruze but traded it in after a 3k mile drive to and from Key West, FL from OK. It was just too small for 2 adults, a 3 year old and a 16 month old, both in car seats. So far, we love the room and ride height. I hate cars because I feel like I am getting up off the ground when I get out of one. I enjoy this GC and look forward to many miles and many road trips to come."

Totally happy and impressed

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of pickup, great interior"

"I just purchased a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited and this is my first non GM vehicle. I am totally pleased with the quality of this vehicle all around. It is luxurious, classy, impressive and comfortable. The V6 motor has plenty of pickup and moves just like my 08 Impala did if not better. This is one SUV that rides like a car. The interior is amazing. Comfortable, sleek and stylish but also practical. The instrument panel isn't cumbersome or over designed like most of the GM vehicles I looked at. Also, for the money this vehicle has much more than its GM counterparts with almost twice the motor. I have only had this vehicle for just over a week, but I can tell this is going to be a great ride to own. It is fun to drive as well as looks great. My friends are all jealous. Some of my favorite features are: heated seats, cooled seats, power lift gate, the radio connects by bluetooth to your phone and also allows you to play audio files without a cord, auto adjust high beams and the back up cam that also moves the side mirrors down so you can see the curb when parallel parking. There are just so many cool things its hard to list them all. Definitely a great quality vehicle and worth every penny."

Awesome SUV for the price

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

"We test drove this along with the Acura MDX (close runner-up), Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, and Ford Escape. Although there was things I like about all of the vehicles, this was by far the best value for the price. It was also the best looking of the bunch (both inside and out). We frequently get compliments on it. It's been very reliable thus far. The only issue we've had is the storage compartment in the dash kept getting stuck. Once it was fixed (under warranty) it worked perfect! I highly recommend the new Grand Cherokees (2011 or newer) for the combination of good looks, capabilities, and features. We love it!"

I rate this vehicle as Excellent.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"This vehicle has been excellent to own. I am overall,very satisfied. The downside of this vehicle is that on a drive of two hours or more, I start to get uncomfortable. I am 6"2". Otherwise, this vehicle has been extremely reliable in all types of weather and I am very satisfied with it's overall performance and quality."

Really like this SUV

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, and reliable"

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten the model with Blue Tooth"

"This is a great SUV. Makes it through the snow like it is dry weather! My first Jeep and probably will not be my last."

This is the best SUV out there!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Rides like a dream, georgeous vehicle,sweet"

Cons: "Dash board not idealy positioned"

"I have owned this 2011 grand cherokee 70th edition for almost 3 months now and what a beauty. This vehicle was made for Highway driving, as it eats up the road like a top of the line sedan. The interior is sweet and comfortable with all the upgrades you could want. The Bose stereo is well....wow. Iwould buy another one in a second. The whole SUV is so nice since Jeep put so much thought into this new model."

excellent

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "lots of comfort,utility,great to drive very smooth"

"One of the best automobiles on the market"

Love our Grand Cherokee, great all around suv

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

"Amazing 2 year ownership, no issues, just love our 2014 jeep grand cherokee"

I ADORE my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun, capable, looks great!"

Cons: "Capless fuel door"

"***2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi*** After my trouble-prone 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring finally died this past summer while it was loaded up with people and gear for a family vacation, I took a chance on the vehicle I'd been wanting for a while - a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Honestly, I was initially hesitant due to the poor reliability reviews surrounding the Jeep brand but after my awful 9 year experience with the Honda Odyssey I figured I had no where else to go but up.*** After ditching my dead van in a strange city and cramming our stuff in a compact rental, we set out to buy a new vehicle so we could complete our vacation in relative peace. After an exhaustive day of searching & test-drives, I found my ride - a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi. I. am. in. love. *** After 12,000 miles in almost 7 months of ownership I've experienced exactly 1 minor issue that required a trip to the dealer. A headache for sure, but after pouring BIG $$$ into keeping my 'reliable' Honda in working order over the years, this was trivial. I did purchase the lifetime extended warranty from Chrysler (not a 3rd party company) for peace of mind - something most other manufacturers don't even offer. *** Before making our purchase I did test drive several other comparable (or larger) vehicles - BMW x5, Audi q7, Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Highlander and a Suburban LT - but I liked the size, handling and interior quality/layout of the Jeep the best. There is more 'hard plastic' interior panels than I would prefer but it seems to be on par with the other vehicles in the 'luxury' category and it is MUCH more upscale that the van I was used to driving, even though it was the top of the line as well. The cabin is fairly quiet and there is just enough 'road feel.' Some people prefer a more cushy, soft ride (Toyota, Lexus comes to mind) but I like to drive hard and fast and prefer having a bit of feedback in the wheel. *** The v8 takes a LOT of gas, but only a bit more than my v6 van, surprisingly. I don't really enjoy the capless gas filler door but it's not a dealbreaker. Can't really think of anything else I dislike or would change at all. I just really, really enjoy driving this Jeep!"

5th jeep i have owned, by far the best

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "excellent all around"

Cons: "gas mileage.. but have 360 horse v8"

"MY 98 jeep was great, the 3 in between were good, this 2013 is the best ever,, also drive ford edge and Lincoln, options in the Jeep are way better and some not even offered on other models;;; rear heated seats;auto high beams;tilt down side view mirrors in reverse etc, great car"

Great Jeep

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Good price, looks sharp, handles well"

Cons: "Does not have auto open hatch"

"We bought this last November and love it. It handles great, is very responsive, and is well built. We have a 70th Edition and it is a sharp looking Jeep with limited edition rims. It's roomy without being too big. The seats are leather but a little stiffer then I like. I would recommend this jeep to anyone it handles well in the snow and it does have the 4 different 4wheel options. Our sons are large and they are very comfortable in this."

I love my Jeep

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

"The title says it all,I have had this Jeep a little over a year and still love driving it. I have owned numerous suvs from Jeep to Mercedes and this is by far the one I have had the least trouble with. One minor issue with the seat that the dealer quickly rectified and that's it. We have taken it on several road trips and the ride is smooth and I remain comfortable for hours at a time. I love the 8 cyl engines power and it's incredibly quiet on the highway."

This is the best valued vehicle I've owned.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Good gas milage. Great resale values on these."

Cons: "Sold out of Limited so had to get an Overland"

"The Overland edition is nice. Back up camera and warning systems are a great safety feature. No blind spots. Very roomy. V6 plenty of power too."

Love my jeep!!!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "fun car, lots of toys, roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage, cost"

"Love the jeep but don't get a hemi if you are just driving locally. Not the best gas mileage around but for road trips, it is great!!! Nice upgrade from the 2009 model...rides very smooth and comfortable."

Great vehicle, I got a lot of options and the hemi

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun and accomadating"

Cons: "gas, but I knew that when buying"

"Fun, gas hog even with the six cyl. so I sprung for the hemi as the mileage is almost identical. Well thought out interior that is very cozy. Could use a small separate coin tray. I have the nav and siri making the trips much more enjoyable. Nice job jeep"

best vehicle ever

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

"EXCELLENT NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT"

Best SUV I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Many features, drives well, great appearance"

Cons: "Not the best gas mileage"

"I own the limited version and I love everything it has to offer. You don't need the overland in my opinion, the limited comes with a lot of features. If you're looking for a luxury SUV but are not wanting to spend $50k (as you do with most luxury brands because you pay for the name), then this is your best option. I would recommend this SUV to everyone!"

nicest car i've owned

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "quality workmanship"

Cons: "heated seats and bluetooth phone not reliable"

"good gas mileage.better quality than gms i've owned. only disappointment is heated seats are not as heated on my previous gm vehicles"

Gas Guzzler

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Nice to drive, looks great, well put together"

Cons: "Gas hog"

"Wish it got better gas mileage"

EXCITING

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "SUPER VALUE"

"FIRST NEW VEHICLE IN A VERY LONG TIME THAT I HAVE CONSIDERED TO BE A TRUE MASTERPIECE. JEEP SHOULD BE CONGRADULATED ON FINALLY TAKING A FLAGSHIP VEHICLE AND MAKING IT LUXURIOUS ENOUGH TO COMPETE WITH EVERYTHING OUT THERE... I BOUGHT THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE , WHAT A BARGAIN, LEATHER, NAV, BACK UP CAM, MOONROOF, UCONNECT MEDIA CENTER, HEMI, 42 GRAND? WHAT ELSE OUT THERE CAN COMPARE, ONLY A JEEP. 0IIII0 BE HAPPY, BE JEEPIN...."