2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 356 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Jeep Got It Right

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"It seems that Chrysler finally got a vehicle right with this Jeep. I love my V8 Limited 4x4 and there are so many little touches that have gone into this vehicle, I have no major complaints about anything. It feels very well put together. My old GC (2001) was a good car but felt cheap and plastic inside. This car feels more like a BMW or an Audi. It drives wonderfully, and handles extremely well for such a large vehicle. I am almost looking forward to our first big snow to test out the four wheel drive. Best options: Keyless entry/start, huge sunroof, vented seats Areas for improvement: 6 speed transmission to help fuel economy, heads-up display, updated look and feel of navigation interface."

Update on my previous review from July

By on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pros: "good looks inside and out. good gas mileage"

Cons: "electronic transmission shifter"

"I am updating my previous review from this past July. Back then I was very disappointed with the transmission in this vehicle. It slipped in lower gears when accelerating and it downshifted so hard that it would pull you forward in the seat when you were slowing down. I at the time had high hopes for loving this truck but was very disappointed. Today I took it back to the dealership where I bought it for a recall. I asked them to check the transmission also. I was made aware that there was a computer upgrade for the transmission which the dealer did. I am now pleased to say that this transmission shifts a lot smoother. The slipping has stopped as well as the hard downshifting. For the first time in the 7 months that I have owned this I am actually happy driving it. I had bought this in May when they first came out. I would assume the new ones already have this update done to them. I still don't like the electronic shifter. I am still missing the right gear at times when shifting. Before I had the tranny updated I was seriously considering getting rid of this but now I plan on keeping it. Overall I am now satisfied with this truck."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Originally was going to buy a 2010 Ford Edge. I can get a discount from both lines through family and decided to test drive the 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited, I was sold on the Jeep. My only concern was gas milage since my mother's 2004 V6 limited only got about 17mpg on the highway. What a surprise, after 2 weeks we took the Jeep on a week long, 1650 mile vacation. I AVERAGED 23 miles per gallon on regular gas for the entire trip with the new V6 Pentastar engine. Can't find any faults with quality or comfort. I have used GPS for years and found the JEEPs a little less user friendly than most. Love the styling and look."

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

so far so greeat

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"We purchased a 2011 JGC overland in Blackberry with the new saddle leather interior. We now have 1,700 miles on vehicle and it has been great so far we have the off road package on our jeep with the V8 engine we just took a 1,200 mile trip and everything perfprmed great we averaged 19.5 mpg with the vehicle loaded including the back seat average speed was 70mph all the gadgets perfprmed as they should me and the wife are very happy with our purchase we ordered veicle on 11/29 we picked our jeep up on 1/28"

best vehicle ever!)

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Pros: "price,fun,luxury,HEMI,go anywhere the road ends"

Cons: "not enough off road trails to drive in my area"

awesomness

"Has everything I need,want or feel is all around great SUV for the price. If you have not looked at this as your normal type of SUV all you GMC,Chevy,Toyota,Nissan,BMW,Ford people, it is an awesome machine in terms of capability and function. Friend at work has X-5 and he wished he saved money and bought JEEP Grand Cherokee instead as he said it is better value more bang for the buck option wise."

awesomness

Update on my July 25 review

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage for such a heavy suv"

Cons: "Don't like the default to econ on start up"

"If you have any problems with your Jeep FIRST contact customer service in Auburn Hills in Michigan and get a name and a case number BEFORE going to the dealership, this gets the dealerships attention. I had a problem with the Uconnect system, radio presets & navigation losing its mind. Eventually the system was replaced and updated, no problems to date. My other problem was the memory seats not setting to different drivers, after the dealership was unable to solve the problem my case manager and I had a 3 way phone discussion with a tech guy in Michigan we determined that drive # 1 and #2 MUST lock and unlock the suv using only THEIR key fob so the suv knows who the next driver will be an can set the seat position accordingly, do not use the "touch the door handle method" if you are going to use the seat recall feature. This is not explained correctly in any of the user guides or manuals. Unlike some of the revues I can only say that the customer service in Michigan, who were constantly calling me with updates, and on top of the situation, did a great job. The local dealership were great even when I had not purchased it from them"

An amazing SUV for the money!

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Price, technology, 4x4, V8 engine, fit & finish"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought a JGC Overland Summit 4x4 edition last weekend and it is an amazing SUV for the price. Got it for $1,000 under invoice and this thing is loaded with technology. The fit and finish of the interior is fantastic and while it's not as good as it's German competitors it is really close. The leather dash and the wood trim and steering wheel really help to add a sense of luxury to a go anywhere SUV. The leather seats are comfortable and I look forward to seeing how they fare in the upcoming road trip I'm taking. While I've had heated seats in several of my last vehicles this is the first to have cooled seats and to my surprise they actually work really well. I am definitely looking forward to putting these to good use in the hot Arizona summers! The UConnect system is very easy to use but does look dated compared to some of the other systems out there like BMW's iDrive or Audi's MMI. I haven't used the navigation just yet but have played around with it. Again, it seems easy to use but the maps seem dated and from a system that looks like it is about 5-8 years old. I tend to use my iPhone with the Garmin app for navigation anyways as it gets frequent updates and has a better interface. The sound system is plenty powerful enough for my radio and satellite listening needs. It's not one for the audiophiles out there but should work for the average individual just fine. The exterior looks great with not too much chrome to make it too flashy, although I probably would have preferred different wheels instead of the included aluminum/chrome ones that came with it. Also, the side mirrors could be a little bigger to help see the cars around you but having the blind spot monitoring technology definitely helps with this. The front and rear parking sense are also a great thing to have and helps to avoid pulling to close to the car in front of you when parking and helps detect hitting any of the cars in the parking lot when backing out of the parking space. The sensors paired with the back up camera means you should never come close to hitting anything in a parking lot! The ride quality is excellent with the quadra lift air suspension, although it does give it a bit of a floaty driving experience along with the steering. It won't match up to the ride quality/experience of a BMW but does ride very well for it's segment. I do like the fact that you can lower the SUV for easier ingress and egress. I'm still in the break in period for the engine so I haven't punched it just yet but the 5.7L V8 performs really well and can get this beast going in a decent amount of time. The downside of the V8 is the gas mileage. So far I am averaging about 13.8 MPG in town but that was to be expected with an engine like this."

Could not be happier!

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, responsive handling, technology"

Cons: "Gas mileage ohh well, trunk could be bigger"

"After more than 6,000 miles on my new grand Cherokee it is definitely the best car I have owned and great value for the money! I purchased the V8 hemi version of the overland with the advanced tech package and boy - this thing is smooth! They have thought out a lot of details here really, This time of the year in Michigan it is nice to get the remote working before coming down to the parking lot at work, and the car is all warmed out for you! No issues or hicks what-so-ever. The car moves fast, has great road handling - love the suspension and the tight steering. This is a solid primo car that looks good and is a joy to ride."

Really like this SUV

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, and reliable"

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten the model with Blue Tooth"

"This is a great SUV. Makes it through the snow like it is dry weather! My first Jeep and probably will not be my last."