2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love my Jeep

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "heated"

Cons: "steering wheel in way of speedo,although ajustable"

"I drive approx 30,000 per year and I am extremely happy with my Jeep. I have owned this vehicle for 6 months. Just recently, I am noticing some possible transmission issue with exeleration after letting off the gas..(a kind of chug chug)We need to take it to the dealer to see what's going on there. But overall, I love this vehicle. I am going to rely on this vehicle for many years.There are a couple things I would suggest to the manufacturer such as the way the dashboard is set up..it's hard to read the speedo unless your stearing wheel is adjusted quite a ways UP..also, the doors tend to close into you as you try to get in...the stoppers dont hold the door properly."

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

"This is my first Jeep. Very solid and quite frankly a "tank". The unibody cage of the vehicle is solid as I do not hear any outside noises except from my radio playing inside. Safety is number one for this SUV. It rates 5 stars and has multiple airbags to include shoulder and shin airbags. Its standard that way not an option. What 2011 SUV have you heard of have airbags for the shins and shoulder w/o paying for anything extra. Nice deal. I have an Overland Summit. ;)"

Transmission shifting

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Having a problem with erratic shifting and banging in and out of gear at certain speeds. Dealer did software upgrade-no change."

This is the best SUV out there!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Rides like a dream, georgeous vehicle,sweet"

Cons: "Dash board not idealy positioned"

"I have owned this 2011 grand cherokee 70th edition for almost 3 months now and what a beauty. This vehicle was made for Highway driving, as it eats up the road like a top of the line sedan. The interior is sweet and comfortable with all the upgrades you could want. The Bose stereo is well....wow. Iwould buy another one in a second. The whole SUV is so nice since Jeep put so much thought into this new model."

EXCITING

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "SUPER VALUE"

"FIRST NEW VEHICLE IN A VERY LONG TIME THAT I HAVE CONSIDERED TO BE A TRUE MASTERPIECE. JEEP SHOULD BE CONGRADULATED ON FINALLY TAKING A FLAGSHIP VEHICLE AND MAKING IT LUXURIOUS ENOUGH TO COMPETE WITH EVERYTHING OUT THERE... I BOUGHT THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE , WHAT A BARGAIN, LEATHER, NAV, BACK UP CAM, MOONROOF, UCONNECT MEDIA CENTER, HEMI, 42 GRAND? WHAT ELSE OUT THERE CAN COMPARE, ONLY A JEEP. 0IIII0 BE HAPPY, BE JEEPIN...."

Great SUV!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

"I have had this vehicle for about four months now and absolutely love it! It rides incredibly smooth for an SUV and handles exceptionally well. Gas mileage is decent, I average between 20-21 mpg highway, and around 16-17 city, but I do tend to get on it a little bit. I would highly recommend this vehicle for anyone shopping for an SUV."

I Love my JEEP

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

"Far best Grand Cherokee yet"

best of the best

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "ok, for its value"

"have had Jeep since 1999 and the 2011 is the best of all, I am a grand father of Jeep and this is the best ever"

My is a lemon I'm trying to get Michigan HQ

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Cons: "Dealer, sea view jeep, in nj is washing their hand"

"My car has had electronic problems since it was 1 week old. Dealers says I need to deal with Michigan HQ if I don't think numerous repairs are fair. The car cost $35,000 and I have a 5 year loan on it. It has only 8700 miles on it and is unreliable. I hope Michigan comes through because based on the reviews it is normally a great car."

BEST VECHIE EVER MADE MY JEEP CO.

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, EASY ASSESSABLE"

"The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee was a major launch of Chrysler; the first after the departure of Cerberus and Daimler, it represented what was to come, with far higher standards for the new engine, the suspension, and the interior. Journalists almost universally praised the new Grand Cherokee, which swept numerous awards and put Chrysler back on the map. The standard engine is the smooth 290 horsepower Pentastar V6, which gets just 1 mile per gallon less than the diesel-powered Mercedes ML350. The Hemi is optional across the board, and Europeans have a new 237-hp VM Motori 3-liter V6 diesel; all use the W5A580 five-speed transmission. Thanks to the Hemi option, the V6 has a large engine bay, with around five inches in front of the serpentine belt. For 2012, Hemi models move to a six speed automatic; various wheel and option package changes were made, as well."

Best Vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

"I bought my Grand Cherokee in May and drove it out of state from Texas to Alabama and got 25.6 mpg. I have the penstar v6 and love the power and gas milage that cant be beat. Chrysler really did an excellent job developing this engine. Love the refined interior. I have the saddle leather and it is very high quality leather and beautiful, makes riding in this vehicle a very pleasant experience. Love the navigation also. I traded a Mercedes for this and never looked back."

was unsure about buying american - so happy i did!

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "solid, roadworthy, great style, fair price"

Cons: "blind spots when changing lanes"

"i love my new JGC!!! i always thought they looked like solid/rugged SUVs (good!) but the interior was kinda blah and the fuel economy and reliability issues kept me far, far away from ever seriously considering buying one (bad!). then, i saw the new model and heard the great reviews and decided to test drive one. AWESOME! bought it! this is my first SUV and i'm so happy i went with an american vehicle - the imports feel like tin cans to me - i feel safe and sound in my JGC. especially with long commute for work. oh, and i'm getting about 23 mpg hwy, 19 street for my Laredo V6. works for me!!!"

Love my Jeepney!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

"I purchased this vehicle with 40 miles on it in April (have had it now for 5 months.) I absolutely love, love, love it! The ride is comfortable and there's lots of room (although hubby says he can't lay his golf clube horizontally like he did in our old SUV.) The only con I can think of is that the transmission jerks a little at times. The next time I get an oil change at the dealer, I'll have them hook it up to the computer. I bought the 85,000 mile extended warranty. It's difficult to find a 4-wheel drive because everything as gone to AWD. I looked at several vehicles, but wanted the 4-wheel drive because I believe it goes better snow. All in all, I couldn't be more pleased and highly recommend the new Jeep Grand Cherokee!"

Best Jeep Ever, Hands Down (Larado X 4x4, V6)

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Almost Everything"

Cons: "Garmin GPS could be better"

"I have had my 2011 Jeep Grand for almost a month and it is pure joy to drive. The V6 is great! I've read many reviews about this engine and cant seem to figure out why people say its sluggish..I have a 2011 BMW and the gas pedel is very similar. Small pressure and car just moves normal, nothing special, but punch it and you get some real power. It was made that way for gas milage and I will tell you I average 21.7 on mine and that is in Seattle, WA (traffic,hills, highway). In the past 3 years I've owned an 2008 Infinity G35, 2011 BMW 128i, 2007 Ford Explorer and 2002 Jeep Wrangler. This is hands down the best car I've owned. I will say this Jeep is Big! This is the reason my wife likes her BMW 128i better but thats just her :) Hope this helps some of you and I'll continue to update throughtout the year."

JCG OVERLAND SUMMIT

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Luxurious, Stylish, Fun to Drive, etc."

"This is by far the most luxurious Jeep yet. The Overland Summit has so many features, its mind bogeling. My wife was interested in the BMW X5, then took her to drive this and she was impressed. So I bought it! :)"

ONE YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pros: "GOOD RIDE - STYLE GOOD"

Cons: "NO AUTO LIFT GATE, NO AUTO CLIMATE CONTROLS"

"I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR."

first american car, Jeep won me over

By on Sunday, July 03, 2011

Pros: "handling, interior, mpg for class"

Cons: "tranny needs more speeds for a 2011 model; sell as a diesel!!!"

"I test drove a lot of SUVs. On a whim stopped into the Jeep dealer, and was quite surprised by this vehicle. It was a bit over my price range, then I found one that was an ex-enterprise rental for a smokin deal in very nice shape. Jeep may not be a luxury brand but this vehicle stands up to luxury brands very well. No complaints and the mpg has been 21-22 in MIXED driving, better than that for highway."

Nice design, comfortable and fun to drive.

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very solid and safe feeling."

Cons: "Wish all functions were voice controlled like the Ford Edge."

"Fun to drive and solid. We love it. We have a Wrangler and owned Grand Cherokee's in the past. This is the best by far!!!"

so far so good

By on Sunday, June 05, 2011

Pros: "excellent product"

Cons: "should have offer 6 or 7 speed tranny"

"made great buy...dont let me down"

Great improvemnet

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I have owned my 2011 for about 9 months and have had nothing go wrong. Love the increased MPG - I am getting about 18 in town and 21 on the road. The highway MPG depends on the wind and the speed traveled. i have gotten as high as 25, but that is at 60 MPH and no wind. The ride is great and very quiet. The new 3.6L engine handles the vehicle fine. My last two Jeeps were 4.7 V8s and I miss the V8 but not at the gas pump. Would purchase another one"

Great Truck Minor Complaints

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"Purchased my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 V8 back in October 2010 for my wife and she absolutely loves it. The 360 plus horsepower the V8 offers is worth the additional money even though gas prices are creeping up. The only issues I've had thus far with 9,500 miles is the coolant temp sensor malfunctioned which triggered the check engine light. The dealership fixed the same problem twice and since then I've not noticed it again. The interior and exterior of the truck was well designed but one thing I think that can be inproved is the clunky tranny. This thing shifts are not smooth coming out of 2nd to 3rd gear and also when climbing a hill it hesitates until you punch on the throttle. Maybe its my truck but the tranny shouldn't act like this. I'm going to keep a close look on this one to see if it gets worse and if it does I'll be returning to test drive another one to see if mine is a lemon in the making.."

Great GC

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"This is my first JEEP and I couldn't be happier! I purchased the black on black overland w/ the 5.7 HEMI. Do not really need the HEMI, but it gives you that extra punch! Very smooth ride, and great in the snow. Average about 16mpgs mix city/highway. Love my JEEP GC!"

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Out of the Park

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"Jeep hit this one "out of the park". This is my 7th Jeep and it is truly amazing. Can't wait to get in it and drive it after work. I compare it to my partners Lexus 460. Every option one could ask for. My only complaint is that Jeep shoud provide a better owners manual."

Best Buy.

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"I just got the JGC and I can't say anything else than this is with out any doubt the best deal you can get for your money right now. I was on the market for 1 of the big 3 europeans, but I was so convinced by the JGC's performance, that I ended up with 1 even I only only was test driving it for fun."