2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Have had numerous issues

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Issue with transmission"

"I like the interior, overall styling, and comfort of the ride. I am a little disappointed with the issues that can't seem to be resolved - transmission is akward and bangs in and out of gear. Also - issues with the suspension - loose wheel bearings, CV Joints. Dealership has not been good to work with which hasn't helped. It also seems to run really hot lately..."

Hemi GC is as good as they say

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Quality"

Cons: "Transmission"

"I have owned my Laredo hemi 4x4 for 29,000 miles and 17 months. Nimble in town, with a tight turning radius, especially compared to the front wheel drive competition from Ford, GM, and the imports. Great highway road trip vehicle. Comfortable ride, quiet interior, quality seats, solid handling, strong brakes, lots of passing power. The outdated transmission doesn't like to downshift except under heavy throttle, resulting in very jerky response at times, but the easy manual override to summon downshifts is a satisfactory solution for now. A seven or 8-speed modern gearbox would cure that. The hemi doesn't have much low end torque. You gotta wind it out to feel the impressive strength of the engine. The hemi V-8 is EPA rated at 13 city/19 highway and that is pretty accurate. The hemi runs on 4 cylinders for better fuel economy under light throttle (say, 65-70 mph on flat ground) and it seems to stay in that mode longer when using mid grade or premium gas. I've gotten 20-21 mpg highway at speeds below 70 mph. Not a rattle or squeak yet after 29,000 miles. No trips to the shop for repairs. Quality interior still looks new, though our grey interior needs regular cleaning. Premium stereo is good. Back doors are a little tight but the seat is roomy and comfortable. Lots of legroom and the seatback reclines. Room for a child car seat and two average adults. There is a real spare tire and a flashlight is included. Really, a nice vehicle."

Excellent

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "styling, comfort, gadgets, options"

Cons: "MPG"

"This is my 4th new Grand Cherokee since 1996 and I will always buy this vehicle. This model has taken me from living in the heat of Atlanta to the blizzards of Minnesota and the mountains of NC and I have yet to experience a major problem. Aside from usual maintenance, I have NEVER had a mechanical failure with the brand. The vehicla has always provided above average resell value and demand has always been there for this model. I have escalated my options, packages and "extras" with each purchase to the point where I feel like I am flying an airplane with the design, comfort and styling. Although the MPG is not great, it is better than others but I am willing to trade off miles for the power, comfort and features. I am sure my next purchase in 3-4 years will be another Grand Cherokee."

Totally happy and impressed

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of pickup, great interior"

"I just purchased a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited and this is my first non GM vehicle. I am totally pleased with the quality of this vehicle all around. It is luxurious, classy, impressive and comfortable. The V6 motor has plenty of pickup and moves just like my 08 Impala did if not better. This is one SUV that rides like a car. The interior is amazing. Comfortable, sleek and stylish but also practical. The instrument panel isn't cumbersome or over designed like most of the GM vehicles I looked at. Also, for the money this vehicle has much more than its GM counterparts with almost twice the motor. I have only had this vehicle for just over a week, but I can tell this is going to be a great ride to own. It is fun to drive as well as looks great. My friends are all jealous. Some of my favorite features are: heated seats, cooled seats, power lift gate, the radio connects by bluetooth to your phone and also allows you to play audio files without a cord, auto adjust high beams and the back up cam that also moves the side mirrors down so you can see the curb when parallel parking. There are just so many cool things its hard to list them all. Definitely a great quality vehicle and worth every penny."

Best SUV on the Market!

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks, comfort, smooth ride, features, versatility"

Cons: "May be heavy cargo door for some."

"I have owned this vehicle for one year. I am not an easy customer to please, I have lots of demands and am a pretty high maintenance type of person. I absolutely love everything about this vehicle. I have also been very pleased with the gas mileage, getting 23-24 average which for a powerful V6 is great. Also, hauled our snowmobile trailer with two sleds like nothing. I love the keyless entry and ignition, great for busy lifestyle. LOVE the jeep. Would recommend to anyone."