2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

An All in one Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"This is my first Jeep. I have owned many makes and models during my 52 years; the last a 2002 chevy 4x4 Tahoe LT and traded for the new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (wow! vehicles have come a long way). I’m a gadget kind of guy and the new features I like: voice command, remote start, auto headlights bright, cooled seats, keyless entry/push button to start, media center with hard drive/ satellite radio, navigation and the backup camera. At 6’2” this is the first vehicle I have owned, that I do not have to put the seat all the way back. I live in a rural area of Ohio and have a qtr-mile gravel driveway through the woods to my house, and need a 4x4 at times during the winter months to get in and out. (It seems during the worth weather you need to go somewhere!) I wanted a luxury kind of vehicle with car like drive/quietness and better gas mileage plus the ability to get in and out of my driveway (not asking much, right ;-) I did a lot of research BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, and found the Jeep Grand Cherokee the best value with like or similar ride and options. After the purchase"

Satisfied customer!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Interior design/fit/finish is second-to-none"

"This is the first american-made car I've purchased in 20 years. Love the Jeep and don't miss my Mercedes one bit!"

Best SUV on the market for the money!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, more bells"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet!"

"I have previously owned Acuras and Toyotas- but this beats them both! Jeep has pulled out all the stops when it comes to comfort and amenities. The value is unbelievable! I have 2 small children, and we commute comfortably. For what you get in this vehicle, you can't beat it."

Great style, but I think I got a lemon

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, quite interior, driving range"

Cons: "Electrical issues, feet get wet when it rains"

"This SUV is awesome (when everything works). The remote keyless entry system does not work very well. The passenger door actuator went out and the door would not close. Jeep fixed that in about two weeks. Now the rear hatch will not unlock unless you push the keyfob button - but that is not how it is supposed to work. The entire system does not work if the key fob is in the depths of a purse or diaper bag or in the back seat. The windshield seal leaks pretty badly (there is a dealer bulletin on this), and I have yet to take it in to get that fixed. The heater fan blows really hard when you accelerate from a stop, and I don't know what the issue is with that. Now the pros - this thing has a great ride and is very capable off road. Great power out of a V6, and very quiet inside (sans heater). If the electrical issues can be fixed (permanently) I would recommend this vehicle to anyone and everyone."

Jeep Makes a Comeback

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, safe, versatile, stylish"

Cons: "seats are a bit hard, gas mileage (V8)"

"The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been thoroughly updated- a leap from 2010 to 2011 so drastic it's like comparing an elephant missing a leg to an overenthusiastic puppy. The 2010 was impressive enough, with decent on road manners and commendable off-road performance, but the interior was lacking, as was the safety and the styling. the 2011, however, takes everything 100 levels up. the styling is modern and sleek, the on-road manners are commendable with well-weighted steering, quick responses to anything the driver does, and athletic and graceful movements. Off-road, the beast is nearly unstoppable with 3 4x4 systems and even air suspension, plus exceptional standard approach, breakover, and departure angles, and a generous amount of standard ground clearance and traction. The safety is a standout, with many awards including the MSN Autos Safest SUV in America Award. interior room in generous with a large cargo area, fold-flat rear seats, and plenty of legroom for all five seats. The optional 9-speaker Alpine sound system is exceptional, as is the Garmin navigation system. With the standard 3.6 Liter V6, the Jeep is modestly quick but becomes a hot rod with the scorching 5.7 Liter Hemi V8. The only downside of this new Jeep is fuel economy with the V8... but who cares? that's not why you buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You buy it because you want a fun, fast, off-road capable, safe, stylish, versatile Sport-Utility-Vehicle."