2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Can't Wait For My Lease To End

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Bluetooth and XM (Didn't have them on my last car)"

Cons: "Engine, Transmission, Build Quality"

"This is the worst car I have ever had. Coming from my 2006 VW Touareg V8 I feel like I have taken a major step backwards. The car handles like an old Buick and has absolutely no steering response. You feel nothing. The 3.6L Pentastar is noisy and slow. The transmission rushes to eighth gear and G-D forbid you have to merge onto a highway, you need to floor the rattle trap in order to get it to jump down to a passing gear. I can not wait for this car to go back on lease. To add to it the car does not feel safe and is poorly put together. The headliner is sagging with only 600 miles on it and I can already hear creaks. Wish I kept my VW. The Touareg was a real go anywhere SUV, the Jeep is a go-kart in comparison"

Drives and rides good for a small SUV.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Looks, ride, performance."

Cons: "Too many recalls, lower quality paint."

"After five recalls in one year it will probably be the last Chrysler product. It's a shame that a vehicle that drives, rides, and looks as good as this one does has so many flaws. Dealer has been very good, shame on the product."

A Pleasure To Own

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Solid, roomy, classy, luxurous"

Cons: "A little pricey, V8 gas mileage not great"

"It will soon be 3 years that I have owned this vehicle, and except for a fluid leak when the vehicle was new, it has proven to be reliable and safe. I have really enjoyed owning it. It is solid, roomy, classy, and loaded with nice features. I can easily see why it is the most awarded SUV ever! Even though the Hemi V8 is powerful and responsive, I still get about 17 MPG around town. I have no regrets about buying it, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

2014 GC Limited with 3.0L Eco Diesel and QT II

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Gadgets, Ride, Audio system"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not driven this automobile for very long, I will update this review later, if warranted. But my initial impression is only good. I am getting 25 MPG combined with the diesel engine and the performance is good. It is sometimes slow to accelerate when the 8 speed transmission is in a high gear, but that is easily overcome with more pressure on the accelerator. Shifts are very smooth and I am impressed by the fact that the transmission down shifts, on its own, when going down hill. As for the "costly" urea refills, you can get 2.5 gallons of the stuff at a well known big box store for $12. The DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) filler nozzle is next to the fuel nozzle which makes it easy to refill without going to the dealer, the DEF tank capacity is 8 gallons. This is my second Jeep, my first Jeep was a 2006 Commander, it had the 5.7L Hemi V8. I needed the towing capability, I was happy to see the 3.0L turbo diesel has the same towing capacity. I put 186000 miles on my Commander and the only repair I had to get, besides the normal consumables, was a replacement starter. The reliability of my Commander led me back to Jeep. I gave a 5 to the reliability rating only because I have driven the Grand Cherokee for only 350 miles so far (will update later)."

BEST HIGH END 4X4 ON THE MARKET

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "PAN GLASS MOON ROOF IS HUGE"

Cons: "NO ISSUES"

"I HAVE A 2012 JEEP GC OVERLAND 4X4 5.7L. GREAT LOOKING -GREAT DRIVING.I HAVE OWNED A LEXUS LX450 AND PORSCHE CAYENNE S. THE OVERLAND JEEP IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER."

Awesome car - in every way possible.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Smooth driving and cornering."

"Jeep knew what they were doing when they created this beauty!"

Don't judge the book by its cover

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

"I owned 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland for over a year now. I really love the new look in side and out. It has a lot of fancy little gadgets. Ride is very comfortable and quite. Biggest issue I have was electronics. I had a lot of issues with different sensors and computer. Main screen is very slow on response. Takes couple seconds after you press a button and sometimes even longer."

Multiple Flavors - Jack of All Trades

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

"Before I tell you about my GC Ltd, Diesel, w/ Off-Road II package, a word of warning about car reviews. There are for this vehicle, six trim levels, four engines, three transmissions and three final drive ratios. What is said about this vehicle may apply to only one combination and even the pro writers may confuse the specs. That said, I enjoy the vehicle immensely. Of course, we're talking diesel here. If you're a performance junky, here's the story. Obviously, the 3.6l is the slowest and the SRT is in a league of its own. However, if all you compare is the 0-60 specs of the 5.7 l Hemi to the diesel, you won't get the full story. As the diesel has more torque and a lower final drive ratio, its probably faster than the hemi in the 0-35 mph range (and you will be impressed). Although I wouldn't say that the shifting is perfect at all times, the diesel/8 speed qualifies as butter smooth. You may read some complaints that the shifter is fussy. What his amounts to is that the détentes are feathered light as are the power window switches. If you hammer at them without thinking, you'll go past where you want. I have had the opportunity to go up a mile long 45 degree slope several times in low gear with the paddle shifters. Effortless fun. Complaints? Had an OBD light come on at 385 miles. Egr bypass control fault attributed to a vacuum line. To be fixed shortly. Upon upgrading UConnect radio software, I lost Bluetooth metadata (presently investigating). And, I wouldn't call the ride quality a luxury vehicle ride. A touch noisy over rough road. However, my vehicle is an off road setup with 18" wheels. My opinion might be different with a Summit trim with 20" wheels. Lastly, I'm exceeding the mpg specs (21/28). Getting 23 in the city and 30 on the highway at 70 mph. Not bad for a 5400 lb vehicle that accelerates like a rocket in it lower gears."

Fantastic vehicle.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Lots of gadgets, comfortable, love the Adaptive Cr"

Cons: "No room for golf clubs sideways like the older one"

"We love this GC Overland. I only have 1 gripe so far. My old 2008 GC would fit 4 sets of Golf Clubs sideways. This 2014 is about 6 inches narrower in the rear storage area. Cannot even lay 1 set down sideways. Otherwise it is great and with the 6 cyl is getting overall right at 22MPG. Not bad for a 5000lb. vehicle."

Impressive performance SUV at a reasonable cost

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Impressive on the road"

Cons: "Not spectacular gas mileage but expected w/470hp"

"Very impressive 5,000 lb.vehicle. Drives great on the highway and is even more impressive on the track. You definitely trade high mileage for performance characteristics but that is true for its competitors too. Great price for what this SUV can do on the road. Except for a weird shift lever its well designed and a blast to drive. I would purchase it again if I was starting over to search for an SUV."