2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 317 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Surprisingly solid and refined

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, very quite, very smooth"

Cons: "Could use a bit more cargo space."

"We bought this because we needed a vehicle to tow behind our motor home and one I could drive to work each day. I am very impressed with this vehicles ride, performance and looks. The steering is very responsive. I enjoy the interior. I traded my Cadilac DTS and the interior puts it to shame. We have taken it up Pikes Peak, Mt. Rushmore and the plains of North Dakota as well as the beaches of south Padre Island. I Toyota Forerunner got stuck in the sand at South Padre and I pulled him out and he was buried to the frame, without even breaking a sweat. The vehicle is at much at home at the Ritz or on the top of a mountain. I've had many frienspds comment on its looks and are assaying they are definetly going to give Jeep another look. The thing literally can take you anywhere on the planet on or off road all well you feel like your sitting in your best luxury recliner. Great job Jeep. You have a new fan."

WOW - what a great SUV = Jeep Overland Summit

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Ease of use for all electronics, great ride"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

"This vehicle has it all!! An easy to use Navigation system, Radio, climate control, special controls, applications all wrapped into one screen - and you can access just about all of it via voice control - that allows you to customize just about anything or everything on the vehicle. It rides very smooth on highway and city roads (and does great off road as well). It is a great looking vehicle - only downsides I have are the wind noise at highway speeds (not terrible but it is noticeable) and that I can't do text messaging because I have an iPhone.... Otherwise a definite recommend!"

Very quiet for a SUV

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Very good ride for a SUV"

Cons: "8 speed to low on take off"

"I am having problems with the "Linked to key fob" feature on the memory seat option, it will not work with the "Easy seat exit" feature. First gear on the 8 speed box it "TO LOW" makes the car feel like it is bogging down when you take off, I know you can take off in 2nd manually with the paddle shifters, but I wanted a auto not a manual. Other wise a great car."

Very nice SUV for the money

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Ride height, ride quality, quiet, cargo space"

Cons: "Seats could be a little more comfortable"

"I love JEEPs. This is only my second, however. My first was an '07 Wrangler X that I got rid of due to the dreaded "death wobble". I hope they have that ironed out by now. I bought this GC brand new (had 90 miles on it), and I love it. We owned a Cruze but traded it in after a 3k mile drive to and from Key West, FL from OK. It was just too small for 2 adults, a 3 year old and a 16 month old, both in car seats. So far, we love the room and ride height. I hate cars because I feel like I am getting up off the ground when I get out of one. I enjoy this GC and look forward to many miles and many road trips to come."

Totally happy and impressed

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of pickup, great interior"

"I just purchased a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited and this is my first non GM vehicle. I am totally pleased with the quality of this vehicle all around. It is luxurious, classy, impressive and comfortable. The V6 motor has plenty of pickup and moves just like my 08 Impala did if not better. This is one SUV that rides like a car. The interior is amazing. Comfortable, sleek and stylish but also practical. The instrument panel isn't cumbersome or over designed like most of the GM vehicles I looked at. Also, for the money this vehicle has much more than its GM counterparts with almost twice the motor. I have only had this vehicle for just over a week, but I can tell this is going to be a great ride to own. It is fun to drive as well as looks great. My friends are all jealous. Some of my favorite features are: heated seats, cooled seats, power lift gate, the radio connects by bluetooth to your phone and also allows you to play audio files without a cord, auto adjust high beams and the back up cam that also moves the side mirrors down so you can see the curb when parallel parking. There are just so many cool things its hard to list them all. Definitely a great quality vehicle and worth every penny."

Jeep Makes a Comeback

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, safe, versatile, stylish"

Cons: "seats are a bit hard, gas mileage (V8)"

"The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been thoroughly updated- a leap from 2010 to 2011 so drastic it's like comparing an elephant missing a leg to an overenthusiastic puppy. The 2010 was impressive enough, with decent on road manners and commendable off-road performance, but the interior was lacking, as was the safety and the styling. the 2011, however, takes everything 100 levels up. the styling is modern and sleek, the on-road manners are commendable with well-weighted steering, quick responses to anything the driver does, and athletic and graceful movements. Off-road, the beast is nearly unstoppable with 3 4x4 systems and even air suspension, plus exceptional standard approach, breakover, and departure angles, and a generous amount of standard ground clearance and traction. The safety is a standout, with many awards including the MSN Autos Safest SUV in America Award. interior room in generous with a large cargo area, fold-flat rear seats, and plenty of legroom for all five seats. The optional 9-speaker Alpine sound system is exceptional, as is the Garmin navigation system. With the standard 3.6 Liter V6, the Jeep is modestly quick but becomes a hot rod with the scorching 5.7 Liter Hemi V8. The only downside of this new Jeep is fuel economy with the V8... but who cares? that's not why you buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You buy it because you want a fun, fast, off-road capable, safe, stylish, versatile Sport-Utility-Vehicle."

Awesome SUV for the price

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

"We test drove this along with the Acura MDX (close runner-up), Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, and Ford Escape. Although there was things I like about all of the vehicles, this was by far the best value for the price. It was also the best looking of the bunch (both inside and out). We frequently get compliments on it. It's been very reliable thus far. The only issue we've had is the storage compartment in the dash kept getting stuck. Once it was fixed (under warranty) it worked perfect! I highly recommend the new Grand Cherokees (2011 or newer) for the combination of good looks, capabilities, and features. We love it!"

I rate this vehicle as Excellent.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"This vehicle has been excellent to own. I am overall,very satisfied. The downside of this vehicle is that on a drive of two hours or more, I start to get uncomfortable. I am 6"2". Otherwise, this vehicle has been extremely reliable in all types of weather and I am very satisfied with it's overall performance and quality."

This is simply the best Jeep I've ever owned!

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Best you can get for the money!"

Cons: "Wish it had the "old style" crossbars for the roof"

"I've owned four Jeeps prior to this one -- 88 Grand Cherokee, 95 Grand Cherokee, 99 Wrangler and 04 Grand Cherokee. This is, by far, the best Jeep I've ever owned and probably the best 4X4 I've ever owned also. It is very elegant -- enough so, that we often drive it to dinner, etc. rather than our BMW car. We occasionally pull a self-contained camp trailer with this vehicle and it does extremely well. I have to remind myself that the RV is back there. We take this rig skiing all winter long and are amazed at its surefootedness. It's a great vehicle!"

Really like this SUV

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, and reliable"

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten the model with Blue Tooth"

"This is a great SUV. Makes it through the snow like it is dry weather! My first Jeep and probably will not be my last."