2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 325 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

$30K less than RR Sport... great deal

By on Saturday, August 08, 2015

Pros: "Nice luxury for the price, exceptional engine"

Cons: "Dismal fuel economy, questionable reliability"

"After driving BMW X5's and a LR RR Sport for many years, I'm pleasantly surprised at what Jeep's Summit offers in quality, comfort, ride and performance. My Summit has the HEMI 360 HP V8, which is like a RR Sport Supercharged miniature version, in a very nice way. The powerful engine and smooth 8-speed transmission isn't overkill... just right. But the fuel economy is dismal... Just as bad as RR Sport and BMW X5's more powerful engines. The build quality isn't quite as nice as BMW or Land Rover, but for $30K less, it's plenty nice. The acoustic windshield, adaptive cruise control, ergonomically designed infotainment system, A/C and heated seats, and auto start engine (with auto adjust A/C, seats, etc.) all are useful amenities. And the power lift gate is better than X5 or Sport's."

Awesome SUV for the price

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

"We test drove this along with the Acura MDX (close runner-up), Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, and Ford Escape. Although there was things I like about all of the vehicles, this was by far the best value for the price. It was also the best looking of the bunch (both inside and out). We frequently get compliments on it. It's been very reliable thus far. The only issue we've had is the storage compartment in the dash kept getting stuck. Once it was fixed (under warranty) it worked perfect! I highly recommend the new Grand Cherokees (2011 or newer) for the combination of good looks, capabilities, and features. We love it!"

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

I ADORE my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun, capable, looks great!"

Cons: "Capless fuel door"

"***2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi*** After my trouble-prone 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring finally died this past summer while it was loaded up with people and gear for a family vacation, I took a chance on the vehicle I'd been wanting for a while - a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Honestly, I was initially hesitant due to the poor reliability reviews surrounding the Jeep brand but after my awful 9 year experience with the Honda Odyssey I figured I had no where else to go but up.*** After ditching my dead van in a strange city and cramming our stuff in a compact rental, we set out to buy a new vehicle so we could complete our vacation in relative peace. After an exhaustive day of searching & test-drives, I found my ride - a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi. I. am. in. love. *** After 12,000 miles in almost 7 months of ownership I've experienced exactly 1 minor issue that required a trip to the dealer. A headache for sure, but after pouring BIG $$$ into keeping my 'reliable' Honda in working order over the years, this was trivial. I did purchase the lifetime extended warranty from Chrysler (not a 3rd party company) for peace of mind - something most other manufacturers don't even offer. *** Before making our purchase I did test drive several other comparable (or larger) vehicles - BMW x5, Audi q7, Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Highlander and a Suburban LT - but I liked the size, handling and interior quality/layout of the Jeep the best. There is more 'hard plastic' interior panels than I would prefer but it seems to be on par with the other vehicles in the 'luxury' category and it is MUCH more upscale that the van I was used to driving, even though it was the top of the line as well. The cabin is fairly quiet and there is just enough 'road feel.' Some people prefer a more cushy, soft ride (Toyota, Lexus comes to mind) but I like to drive hard and fast and prefer having a bit of feedback in the wheel. *** The v8 takes a LOT of gas, but only a bit more than my v6 van, surprisingly. I don't really enjoy the capless gas filler door but it's not a dealbreaker. Can't really think of anything else I dislike or would change at all. I just really, really enjoy driving this Jeep!"

Really like this SUV

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, and reliable"

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten the model with Blue Tooth"

"This is a great SUV. Makes it through the snow like it is dry weather! My first Jeep and probably will not be my last."