2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Well worth the purchase...

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Overall great vehicle for the amenities and price"

Cons: "none yet"

"I own a 2014 Overland Edition. I have yet to see any of the flaws mentioned in below reviews (knock on wood). I have roughly 3000 miles on the vehicle and cannot find any cons at this point. I believe the transmission shifts very smooth. The pick up is great and am currently averaging 23-24 miles per gallon on average. It did take a little while to get the driver seat adjusted to my liking and has since been a comfortable/enjoyable ride. I have taken the Jeep to FL twice and all passengers have enjoyed the ride. There is not much cargo space for big trips but this was remedied by purchasing a cargo tray that inserts into the trailer hitch. Overall, my family is really enjoying this classy ride."

great car terrific value love to drive it

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"car does everything it is suppose to looks great drove every suv in the market bought this one and very happy"

New transmission is awful

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Nice styling"

Cons: "Lousy new transmission an gear shifter."

"I have owned nothing but Jeep Grand Cherokees for the past 20 years, having had at least 5 in that time. The new transmission and gear shifter, introduced for the 2014 model is just awful. Transmission is sluggish and slow to respond. Feels sometimes like when you are driving with someone in a manual transmission car and they dont know how to shift. The new gear shifter is complicated, and its hard to know what gear you are in, or get the car into the gear you want. I have thought I was in park and actually was in reverse. I cant bee live they ruined this car. The transmission was awesome, the gear shifter was fine, and they just ruined them. I will be selling my new 2014 with 3500 miles on it as soon as I can. I have noted many used 2014's available on dealer websites, so obviously I am not alone. This vehicle is a dud."

worst veihcle ever had

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "not many"

Cons: "junk"

"never buy another jeep/fiat product again the do not accept responsibility for anything/everything that is wrong with this SUV"

Thus far, a well built reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "decent fuel mileage 23ish combined"

Cons: "Nav system is difficult to configure"

"no issues with exception of a blown headlamp (warranty). no rattles or show of ware. Tech package is awesome and I continue to become more familiar with its capabilities."

Worst car, or any product experience ever!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Only the design"

Cons: "Horrible transmission, and computer glitches"

"I have owned this car for a little over a year, and have been battling Chrysler to fix the transmission from the beginning. I've had the vehicle in 9 or 10 times (for more than 30 days off the road), but only after I hired a lawyer did they finally replace the transmission. They don't value their customers at all and don't support their products - it's no wonder they have the lowest % of repeat buyers among the large manufacturers. The car looks great and has some nice features, but don't be sucked into what I'll call the superficial qualities of the car. The car consistently shifted like a teenager learning to drive a stick (and this car is an automatic). Chrysler wouldn't allow the dealership to put in new parts, but instead kept trying a series of software updates, never caring if it actually fixed my problem. They didn't care that I was inconvenienced by having to continually bring it back in for repair, and didn't care if that the car didn't work properly. If you buy this car after reading this review, you only have yourself to blame."

Lots of amenities but..

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "love technology pkg and lift gate"

Cons: "mileage is much lower than quoted & engine is loud"

"I LOVE the power lift gate, it opens and closes with a button. And LOVE the cross traffic warning when backing up. Nice to have a "Screen Off" button easily accessible, the nav screen is really bright at night (lights up the whole cabin even on low setting). Heated rear seats are nice and hard to find around this price point. With that said, at this price pt, it could use heat & ac vents for the rear seats! There seem to be a lot of software issues and odd things don't work. Its turning out to be expensive and time consuming to keep up with maintenance and updates. There are updates and recalls every month, you have to sit and wait for them each time. The radio still doesn't work, it changes stations and modes randomly, the ventilated seats absolutely don't blow enough air to feel at all, even with a wet hand for testing. I think the cabin is pretty quiet expect if you are accelerating. Its a heavy vehicle so takes a lot of gas to get up to speed. The best mileage has been 16 hwy and 13 is best in city for me. I haven't taken it near the dirt, I don't want to damage it. I've had 3 flat tires in the city and the 20" wheels just seem a little risky (or odd) to take off-road anywhere. Anyway, love the advanced technology package, (blind spot monitoring and backup features) totally worth the additional price. Really disappointed in the low miles per gallon., not very close to the quotes on the window sticker. Wish the diesel version had been available when I purchased. Don't know if its more economical but worth a look."

Best Grand Cherokee ever. 6 cyl great pep & MPG

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Feel safe. Quick, handles well and great brakes."

Cons: "Non yet."

"Grand Cherokee Limited rear wheel drive: Great ride. 24 city and 26 Hwy with 6 cylinder. Quality interior and fit and finish on exterior. Cherry Red metal flake paint is beautiful in the sun."

great suv

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"only problem is the headlights,autolevel keeps moving headlights up and down,driving other drivers in front of me crazy"

This vehicle is very classy looking.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "I can't wait to drive my Jeep again."

"I did get the 4X4 and you can't tell by the comfort of the ride. I just wish they would get this 8 gear transmission problem fixed,and the electric wiring as well. I've had my jeep since November and it has been in 4 times regarding the transmission. The dealer has now had it for two weeks and doing there best considering Chrysler is in the drivers seat. You guys need to get it together. ASAP"