2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 308 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

better than expected

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "very fun/comfortable, plenty of power"

Cons: "factory nav system, rain sensing wipers"

"I love it!"

excellent

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "lots of comfort,utility,great to drive very smooth"

"One of the best automobiles on the market"

Great Versatility

By on Monday, April 27, 2015

Pros: "off road, highway, quiet, handling"

Cons: "tall outside mirrors obstruct turning view"

"Unlike many users I off-road; the unit has an off road and trailer towing package, which it seems many do not. It also has Quadratrac 2. I tow this vehicle behind my motor home and must say that it tracks superbly compared to an'07, it replaced. I think the key to Jeep reliability is to keep to the basics. Most complaints involve electronic wizardry; I have not had those issues. Fuel mileage with the 3.6 liter has averaged 23-24, a great improvement being attributable to the eight speed transmission, which after some minor computer reprogramming works superbly. The original Goodyear tires proved problematic and the vehicle has been refitted with Michelin LTX MS2 tires. They are superb. I rate the quality of my vehicle at 8. There have been no major repairs, just several "flashes" to improve HVAC and as stated the transmission tractability"

Sturdy..Comfortable..Smooth..Quiet..Roomy

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "Interior..ride comfort..Uconnect interface"

Cons: "Reluctance to downshift means heavier braking"

"This is my 2nd Grand Cherokee. I traded in my 2012 Overland RWD (30K miles) so I could get a 4x4. I chose a Limited with Luxury II package as it included everything I liked in my Overland, but for a few grand less. I really like my GC. It looks great, rides extremely well, firm yet slightly compliant suspension, and very quiet. Downshifting from 2nd to 1st can be rough. Slowing down from speed takes extra time probably due to transmission being reluctant to downshift. I'll probably ask to have shift map changed at first oil change if I'm not used to it. I have been very, very happy with both my Grand Cherokees. My teens like that the rear seats recline a little. My spouse likes the dual climate control. A few driving items to consider: "A" pillars (either side of windshield)are wide and take getting used to when cornering/turning. As large as the windshield is, I sometimes have to lower my head to see underneath the rearview mirror during certain turning situations. Nothing feels unsafe when I have to move my head to get a better view. After 2 of these vehicles, I am used to it. I did a lot of research and knew this was the best vehicle in the class, with so many bells/whistles for a good price when compared to more expensive import/luxury models. Fuel economy with the V6 is about 18 city/25 highway. The updated Uconnect interface is great; very easy and intuitive to use. I gave a 9 overall only because the downshifting should have been corrected by this time of the model year."

Excellent SUV

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, easy to drive, reliable"

Cons: "acceleration"

"My car is Overland 2014, I bought it as a brand new and so far I have not noticed any problem. It is very comfortable, easy to drive, has nice interior and exterior look and relatively fuel efficient compared to similar SUVs. The only problem I noticed is acceleration, which is not as good as I expected. Overall, I am happy with my car so far."