2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 972 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

No problems yet

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,will hate to get rit of it."

Cons: "Cup holders. awkward. some trim cheap"

"This auto has done anything I. have ask. WeAverage 18 mpg. in everyday driving. Have got as high as 22 mpg on trips. Had the brakes checked when I bought new tires at 70000, tbhe inspectorsaid they were good for 50000 more. Some of the inside trim is flimsy.Seating is narrow for wider bodied people. But my nex car will get better gas mileage."

Favorite Jeep

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"With near 80,000 miles on it and only having to do one set of brakes, and one set of tires other than oil changes. I believe this has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have owned. And the stability control is outstanding. Would certainly buy again."

Defective Front Door Design

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the HEMI. Love the car's power and comfort, but hate the defect in the front doors that has led me to buy a new GL450 to replace the Jeep. Simple wind gusts that blew the front doors open - each one on different occasions - has damaged each of the front two doors. The driver's side door caught the front quarter panel and bent the quarter panel, requiring repair (i.e. there was no clearance between the door and the car). The passenger front door scrapes the front quarter panel each time it opens, making a loud creaking noise that is most unseemly. The rear doors withstood the same winds. This happened in NYC both times. Yes it was windy, but I didnt see other people's door hinges separating from the frame where there is a hole in the hinge for a bolt - but none is in place. There is a cold weld around the hinge that is separated from the frame. The dealerships say that this is an act of god and not covered by waranty. Extremely dissapointing given the cost of the vehicle ($41K sticker). I will never buy another Jeep now, after having owned Jeeps for over 15 years, because I dont trust their warranty is any good. Sad but true."

I really love my Jeep

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Handles great! Hauls lots! Runs quiet"

Cons: "cloth stains easy, average MPG 15-21, back seat needs more leg room"

"This girl gets us thru deep snow, thru loose gravel, over ice slicked roads, and this past winter(2010) it did all of these things on practically bald tires! I love its handling. I can haul around 400 pounds of grain for my horses in the rear and it still stays level. I really like the dual open hatch; lots of SUVs dont have a glass that opens. I am not happy with the cloth seats... they stain too easy, and or course the MPG is not the best, we get 17mpg on average, longer trips around 21mpg. BUT its a heavy auto. Over all I do enjoy it!"

Poor Mechancial Issues

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"Purchased my 2005 Grand Cherokee. Started out loving it. After 11 months the transmission started leaking. Seven months later the check engine light came on. The code would not allow dealer to determine the issue. Three months after that check engine light came on again. Code was determined to be a leaking hose. Two days later the check engine light came on again. This time the transmission lead plate had gone bad. Three months later the check engine light came on again. This time only showed communication issue. Three weeks later the check engine light came on again. That time the gear shift assembly had gone bad. Just waiting to see what is next. Hope to get rid of as soon as possible. Only has 31,000 miles. If "Lemon" fit then this would be an example."