2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 953 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Very Solid, Fun Vehicle

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "mechanically sound, fun, powerful"

Cons: "rear is even to crowded for my young kids"

"I purchased my 2005 GC limited 4.7 v8 brand new. It’s powerful and fun to drive. Never had any major problems with it. Nice smooth ride. The battery died in year 5 year after its estimated life span. In year 6 the check engine light came on and I needed to purchase an EGR valve (cost $40 at autopart store and hired a mechanic to install). Nothing else has ever gone wrong with it and i'm in year 7. Overall it’s a very solid dependable SUV with no major issues."

Not bad so far!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, easy maintenance, cool looks, roomy."

Cons: "Fuel economy, hard seats, PCM trouble codes."

"We bought this vehicle for my wife when her Saturn died. The ride is very nice with all of the comforts of a newer car. We have only owned this vehicle for 3 months with only minor problems. The engine runs good, and the transmission seems to shift fine. We had a one time no engine turnover which we are watching very closely to see if this happens again. The one thing that I have noticed about the Jeep is that it is sort of glitch prone. The engine light comes on about every third week. The trouble codes are usually communication errors or something to do with the emissions vapor system. Overall, the Jeep seems to be a fair value. Time will tell if the vehicle has bigger problems in the future."

No problems yet

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,will hate to get rit of it."

Cons: "Cup holders. awkward. some trim cheap"

"This auto has done anything I. have ask. WeAverage 18 mpg. in everyday driving. Have got as high as 22 mpg on trips. Had the brakes checked when I bought new tires at 70000, tbhe inspectorsaid they were good for 50000 more. Some of the inside trim is flimsy.Seating is narrow for wider bodied people. But my nex car will get better gas mileage."

LOYAL JEEP OWNER

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"MY WIFE AND I PURCHASED THIS 06 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE WITH 17000 MILES ON IT FROM A JEEP DEALER. WE SAVED ABOUT 13000 BUYING IT USED. I HAVE A 96 CHEROKEE SPORT AND LOVE IT HAD HARDLY ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. THE 06 IS ANOTHER ISSUE. I HAVE A 3.7L WHICH LOOSES POWER WHEN YOU MAKE A TURN AND HIT A BUMP AT THE SAME TIME, WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?? THE WINDSHIELD TOP IS WAY TO LOW I HAVE TO LURCH FORWARD TO SEE THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS IF I AM THE FIRST IN LINE. I DID PURCHASE THE WARRANTY ON THE FABRIC, GOOD THING. THE FABRIC STAINS SO EASILY MY LITTLE GIRL DROPPED WATER ON IT, YES WATER, AND IT LEFT A MARK ON THE CLOTH. ABOUT 9 MONTHS INTO OWNERSHIP I WAS DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AND WENT OVER A BUMP AND THE TRUCK STARTED MAKING A RATTLING SOUND. I STOPPED THE TRUCK PUT IT IN REVERSE AND BACK IN DRIVE TO GET RIDE OF THE NOISE, BUT IT COMES BACK EVERY TIME I HIT A SMALL BUMP. THE DOORS DON'T STAY OPENED. THE GAS MILAGE IS SOSO. I LOVE JEEPS AND HAVE OWNED OTHER SUV'S AND THIS ONE IS THE BEST I WISH THEY WOULD JUST FIX THE KINKS. WILL DEFINATLEY BUY ANOTHER ONE BUT WILL LOOK AROUND TO SEE IF SOMEONE ELSE CAN COME CLOSE."

Great, reliable car except for uncomfortable seats

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, good in snow, good looking, easy to main"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats"

"Our third Jeep GC Limited. We love them!! Worked well for us---the 2005 seats weren't very comfortable, however."