2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 965 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

2002 V8- great vehicle

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, fault free, good utility vehic"

Cons: "Carrying space in rear is limited."

"I bought my Jeep new in 2002. It has been a strong, reliable vehicle. At 155k miles, it still neither uses nor leaks oil. Very strong drive train. Interior and exterior have held up. Only repairs are tires, brakes, hoses, battery. Gets 16 mpg, pretty good for an 8 cyl vehicle. Very powerful, great pickup. Will buy another new one soon."

In spite of its leaks, still going strong

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room to haul things."

Cons: "Seat Material stains easily, looks awful."

"2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, bought used in 2006 with 25K miles on it. There were three leaks when I bought it, got one fixed, two remain in the engine. Related to ATF fluid leaking. Never gotten this fixed, just replace the fluid every 3-4 weeks. The seats are badly stained, the rear middle seat belt is stuck really tight. Other than that, my jeep is starting to wind down I believe, I have just recently started losing or burning oil to where it is empty, not consistently, but this is the second time its happened in three months. I haven't had this checked yet. I drive 100 mi roundtrip, 5 days a week."

love my jeeps!

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"the '07 is the 4th grand cherokee i've owned, and by far my favorite. Had it going on five years, never kept a car that long before. Love jeep styling, on and off road capability, fastastic in the snow, comfortable ride, but most of all, feel very safe in a jeep! Built tough and sturdy! Unfortunatly was recently rear ended at highway speeds and I don't even want to think what may have happened, had I not been in my tough built grand cherokee. Will soon be the owner of a 2012 grand cherokee! absolutely nothing compares to a jeep!"

I absolutely love my Jeep

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable, fun to drive."

Cons: "A little overpriced if buying new-shop around"

"I love my Jeep. It has been extremely reliable, comfortable and just an overall great car to drive. I am looking to upgrade to the 2012 SRT8!! Can't wait until they are out."

Good quality vehicle

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "comfortable ride, spacious"

Cons: "no built in mp3 player"

"My experience with my Grand Cherokee has been a great one. I have had no problems out of it in the time of ownership. Even now at 101,397 miles it still runs great. It has PL,PW,PS,PM, AM/FM,CD audio aux input, cruise, alloy wheels, full roof rack, and traction control."

09 OVERLAND..OVER THE TOP

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Best mid size suv 4x4 period. Hemi 357hp, all the tech gadgets out there. Voice Nav/phone, free sirius radio, zenon HID self leveling, camera, remote start...I could go on for ever. This complaining I keep hearing about vibrations while driving. I don't feel a thing. My Overlander is so smooth and quiet. No vibrations and to me even more import no rattles. I hate cars that rattle over the slightest road imperfections. I think for 09 they got it right. Was going to wait for new 2011 model with the cool Quadra Lift feature. But with ep pricing, rebates, auto show cash. I saved over 10k and got the zero percent financing. Could not pass up this deal. Lastly I am a 3 time jeep owner and have nothing but praise."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Great all around daily driver. Downside is that it depreciates faster than any vehicle I have ever owned.Brakes are very shakey and vibrate.Seems to be a product defect.I have owned 5 Grand Cherokees and they all have had the "brake vibration".Upside oodles of power, great styling, lots of options, and fun to drive. Also an excellent four wheel drive system that is unstoppable off road and in any terrain. Also, stay away from "extended service contracts" dealer will always find a way to squirm out of repairs.Contracts are also very expensive and just not worth the money in the long run(personal experience)."

Problem maker

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I own a 2008 Grand Cherokee and so far its not going well. My roof rack broke, my My/gig back up camera doesn't work, the lights are going crazy in the interior and now its taking them two weeks to fix all of these errors. I bought the jeep because of its good price, looks, and "quality" but i guess i was wrong"

LOVE

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"I leased The 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in March, after my 2006 Jeep Commander Limited Lease was up...I thought long and hard about keeping the Commander since it only had 10.000 miles on it but I am so pleased with the 2008 Grand Cherokee ....I am thinking the MYGIG Navigation system is the most enjoyable feature The old Navigation in the Commander was a pain to use ....and you MUST get the Chrome wheels ..I enjoyed the 2005 Grand Cherokee but you just get sooo much more with the 2008 ..like keyless start for those hot or cold days ...and now heated 2nd row seats...SWEET! I was always an Acura guy but with this my 3rd Jeep I guess I am a Jeep guy now ....I think if your in the market for a SUV you NEED to look at the Grand Cherokee Limited !!!"

Great Learning Experience

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"I traded off my 04 Hyundai Accent for this Jeep in October '05. Loved the Jeep for a while until gas prices went up and the performance stayed below of what the sticker had promised, which still bothers me (Complained to the salesman, who said that it would get better after the break-in period) I think that if I had been informed accurately that the car would give me 14MPG (This is the V6!!!) city/17MPG Hwy., I would've purchased my other option, a GTI from the same year. All in all, the styling is great, the car is dependable, comfortable and a great design... other than the monthly payment and regular maintenance, after 37,000 miles everything has been sound (knock on wood). I have the Laredo V6 2WD, no options. The plastic on the inside feels a little cheap, and it has a couple of blind spots on the side pillars, gotta be careful about those. If they could come up with this same Jeep with better mileage (at least 18MPG on the city), I would say it's the perfect Jeep. I would recommend it only for those who have been warned about this. Oh, get the 4x4, too. It has so much torque that sometimes when you make a sharp turn while accelerating it can get a little bit slippery even on dry asphalt."