2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 956 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

I don't know what else anyone could want.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "offroad mastery meets onroad sophistacation. power"

Cons: "gas mileage, gas mileage. GAS MILEAGE!"

"Off road: excellent traction, good articulation, and the front air dam is easily removable which helps approach angle. On road: compared to most SUVs, the HEMI is in a league of its own. push the gas to the floor and 'Merica happens! also rides very comfortably with a forgiving suspension and minimal road noise."

Not bad so far!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, easy maintenance, cool looks, roomy."

Cons: "Fuel economy, hard seats, PCM trouble codes."

"We bought this vehicle for my wife when her Saturn died. The ride is very nice with all of the comforts of a newer car. We have only owned this vehicle for 3 months with only minor problems. The engine runs good, and the transmission seems to shift fine. We had a one time no engine turnover which we are watching very closely to see if this happens again. The one thing that I have noticed about the Jeep is that it is sort of glitch prone. The engine light comes on about every third week. The trouble codes are usually communication errors or something to do with the emissions vapor system. Overall, the Jeep seems to be a fair value. Time will tell if the vehicle has bigger problems in the future."

Great Jeep!

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

"I bought my 2005 Jeep new and still have it. Has about 88k miles on it and have NOT had any problems with it. I've just done regular maintenance and it's been great! I don't plan on getting rid any time soon. The only reason I gave the "Design" a 4 out of 5 is because the seats stain easy...even with just water you get a stain on them."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"This is an exceptional auto. My wife and I went back and forth with this, an Xterra, and a 4-Runner. We got this for a much better price and we like the ride and looks more. The ONLY negative to this is obviously the MPG (that is why I marked down performance). We average 14.8-15.2. We do, however only drive in the city (limited highway driving). And there is a stop light every ten feet in our town. There is more than ample room for us and we let our 87lb Lab ride in the cargo area. She loves all the room. If you are looking for a midsize SUV, please try the new Grand Cherokee. I beg my wife to let me drive it...no luck so far."

Great Look - Not so great performance

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I had an '02 Grand Cherokee before this and had nothing but problems - steering and transmission issues - and was glad to get rid of it. I decided to give the '05 a try anyway because I liked the new style. I love the way it looks and the features inside are awesome. I have the Boston Acoustics radio upgrade with Sirius Satellite radio and 6-disc changer, sunroof, running boards, and tire pressure monitor (which is a really good thing to have). BUT, the reliability of the vehicle itself has not been great. The air-conditioning makes a whining noise at about 55 mph when on the second setting (we have the manual air). The dealer says this is a known problem that Jeep had no fix for yet (as of last time we talked to them) and this has been ongoing since the month we bought the car (early '05). This problem definitely impedes the enjoyment of the car. Also, the gear shifter has been replaced twice and the original tires have all been replaced due to several safety issues we had over the time we had the vehicle (inexplicably losing tire pressure - this is where the tire pressure monitor really came in handy). Although I love the car itself, again for the style and features, I wish the realiability was better. I probably will not buy another due to the issues that don't seem to get addressed by the manufacturer."

strongest and most rugged vehicle.of today

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "power, speed, smart traction control and looks."

Cons: "heat shields separate, not easy to do basic main."

"The gripping power when on snow and ice are unmatched. I pulled 2 to 3 feet in diameter rocks along a frozen lake to put along the shoreline with ease. I pull my 45 foot.dock out of the water and up a hill with ease. For those that complain about a second delay before shifting is normal. The 5 45RE transmission is a smart trany. It first looks at vehicle speed, throttle position and tray temp prior to shifting."

Excellent automobile - Low maintenance

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance, powerful, sporty, elegant inside"

Cons: "gas milage,"

"I have had my automobile for about 7+ years and have had very little to no problems. I change my oil when required and have purchased tires twice. I have not had a tune-up (although I need one)and my jeep runs really good. I will be purchasing a newer jeep next year but I felt the need to share the satisfaction I have with my jeep. I have 170k miles and the most expensive issue I had was a broken hose! There are some minor noises when I make very sharp turns which does scare me all the time, but overall my jeep is low maintenance and very reliable. May be slightly expensive up front but it is certainly worth it!!"

love my jeep

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

"this is my 2nd jeep. the first one lasted us 13 years. I've owned the grand Cherokee for 2 years now. I love the jeeps and won't ever buy anything else. they are sturdy and reliable. we live in the mountains of WV and the jeeps are a popular vehicle here for good reason. love it love it."

New tech is the downfall

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Style/saftey"

Cons: "Mechanical"

"Not a mans Jeep after 2004. They make you take it to the dealer to change trans fluid, Plugs.....If you could do it yourself before 2005 you probably just have a headache and a slim wallet after 2004 models. Only good thing is it is safer since they relocated the gas tank and added crumple zones and airbags. My trans has slipped since i bought it and its $300 just to have the trans fluid replaced compared to a whole filter fluid change under $40 before 2005 models."

Just Awesome

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Awesome smoothe comfortable drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and passenger room"

"The Jeep is the best car I have owned. I was so impressed with the drive after the first snow the Jeep went up snow covered hills with no problem when some trucks could not even make it up the hill. The car is very dependable and reliable.I would drive the car across the world if it wasn't for the gas mileage. The Jeep for me lacks passenger space."