2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 953 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Finest Grand Cherokee Jeep Ever

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Good value, excellent quality."

Cons: "Hard plastic window sills."

"This has been my fifth Jeep and the first vehicle that has gone 90K miles with absolutely no problems, conditions or glitches. I wish every car I've owned was this flawless. I purchased the Limited 4x4 V8 new in Jan. 2005 on a special order from the Detroit factory with the two-tone leather upholstery and tow package. After 7 years it still looks, drives and even smells new. Grand Cherokees can fit in a compact parking space but also can swallow enormous amounts of cargo as we head to our summer home in eastern Washington towing our boat. Even over the Cascade mountain passes, the V8 has plenty of power to haul a full load of people and their stuff. I get 21 mpg on the highway and 16 around town but it's certainly worth it. Jeeps are a great bargain compared to other SUVs and mine has been completely rattle free. Compare that to a GM or Ford. Excellent design and good ergonomics."

Great vehicle but it's too thirsty!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive in winter. Lots of space."

Cons: "Gas guzzler. Sluggish at high speeds."

"I've owned this truck for about 2 years now. I bought it used in 2010. This Jeep has been really fun to drive. Unlike other people who say the seats are too hard, I find them very comfortable for any amount of time you're sitting on them. The first (and only) thing I had to get fixed was the electrical plug that goes into the transmission because of a leak. This is a very common problem (and cheap to fix) so it didn't bother me. The 4x4 is incredible. Driving in the snow feels like driving on dry pavement in the summer with this Jeep. Unfortunately, it doesn't snow year round so not being able to turn off/on 4x4 is somewhat of a letdown. The two things that bug me with this Cherokee is that it sucks gas like there's no tomorrow. I manly drive this thing in the city and it is painful to see that my average mpg is about 14. With gas over $4 in my area, it takes almost $80 per fill-up and it disappears in just over a week. The other thing I don't like is that it feels low on power. Accelerating from a constant speed to pass or from making a turn feels like it takes a second or two for the engine to catch up. A little dangerous if you're not used to it. Bottom line, if you don't mind the low mpg's and a little sluggishness, then it's a good choice for you. Otherwise look for a better alternative..."

love my Jeep

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "Great features and ride for a true offroad vehicle"

Cons: "gas mileage not great for an SUV this small"

"I had a V6 Grand Cherokee, and though it was the bottom of the line in trim, engine and 4WD system it was a real hero going over the roughest terrain in the high Colorado passes. Even without 4WD low it had no problems. I was not thrilled with the low gas mileage (12-13 around town and 18-19 highway) of the V6. The engine seemed to be straining to move the vehicle. I recently traded the V6 for the Hemi, and wow. The Hemi really kicks butt, and with the variable displacement feature, the gas mileage is not that much worse."

Poor Mechancial Issues

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Purchased my 2005 Grand Cherokee. Started out loving it. After 11 months the transmission started leaking. Seven months later the check engine light came on. The code would not allow dealer to determine the issue. Three months after that check engine light came on again. Code was determined to be a leaking hose. Two days later the check engine light came on again. This time the transmission lead plate had gone bad. Three months later the check engine light came on again. This time only showed communication issue. Three weeks later the check engine light came on again. That time the gear shift assembly had gone bad. Just waiting to see what is next. Hope to get rid of as soon as possible. Only has 31,000 miles. If "Lemon" fit then this would be an example."

I don't know what else anyone could want.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "offroad mastery meets onroad sophistacation. power"

Cons: "gas mileage, gas mileage. GAS MILEAGE!"

"Off road: excellent traction, good articulation, and the front air dam is easily removable which helps approach angle. On road: compared to most SUVs, the HEMI is in a league of its own. push the gas to the floor and 'Merica happens! also rides very comfortably with a forgiving suspension and minimal road noise."

Very Solid, Fun Vehicle

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "mechanically sound, fun, powerful"

Cons: "rear is even to crowded for my young kids"

"I purchased my 2005 GC limited 4.7 v8 brand new. It’s powerful and fun to drive. Never had any major problems with it. Nice smooth ride. The battery died in year 5 year after its estimated life span. In year 6 the check engine light came on and I needed to purchase an EGR valve (cost $40 at autopart store and hired a mechanic to install). Nothing else has ever gone wrong with it and i'm in year 7. Overall it’s a very solid dependable SUV with no major issues."

Not bad so far!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, easy maintenance, cool looks, roomy."

Cons: "Fuel economy, hard seats, PCM trouble codes."

"We bought this vehicle for my wife when her Saturn died. The ride is very nice with all of the comforts of a newer car. We have only owned this vehicle for 3 months with only minor problems. The engine runs good, and the transmission seems to shift fine. We had a one time no engine turnover which we are watching very closely to see if this happens again. The one thing that I have noticed about the Jeep is that it is sort of glitch prone. The engine light comes on about every third week. The trouble codes are usually communication errors or something to do with the emissions vapor system. Overall, the Jeep seems to be a fair value. Time will tell if the vehicle has bigger problems in the future."

No problems yet

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,will hate to get rit of it."

Cons: "Cup holders. awkward. some trim cheap"

"This auto has done anything I. have ask. WeAverage 18 mpg. in everyday driving. Have got as high as 22 mpg on trips. Had the brakes checked when I bought new tires at 70000, tbhe inspectorsaid they were good for 50000 more. Some of the inside trim is flimsy.Seating is narrow for wider bodied people. But my nex car will get better gas mileage."

LOYAL JEEP OWNER

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"MY WIFE AND I PURCHASED THIS 06 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE WITH 17000 MILES ON IT FROM A JEEP DEALER. WE SAVED ABOUT 13000 BUYING IT USED. I HAVE A 96 CHEROKEE SPORT AND LOVE IT HAD HARDLY ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. THE 06 IS ANOTHER ISSUE. I HAVE A 3.7L WHICH LOOSES POWER WHEN YOU MAKE A TURN AND HIT A BUMP AT THE SAME TIME, WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?? THE WINDSHIELD TOP IS WAY TO LOW I HAVE TO LURCH FORWARD TO SEE THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS IF I AM THE FIRST IN LINE. I DID PURCHASE THE WARRANTY ON THE FABRIC, GOOD THING. THE FABRIC STAINS SO EASILY MY LITTLE GIRL DROPPED WATER ON IT, YES WATER, AND IT LEFT A MARK ON THE CLOTH. ABOUT 9 MONTHS INTO OWNERSHIP I WAS DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AND WENT OVER A BUMP AND THE TRUCK STARTED MAKING A RATTLING SOUND. I STOPPED THE TRUCK PUT IT IN REVERSE AND BACK IN DRIVE TO GET RIDE OF THE NOISE, BUT IT COMES BACK EVERY TIME I HIT A SMALL BUMP. THE DOORS DON'T STAY OPENED. THE GAS MILAGE IS SOSO. I LOVE JEEPS AND HAVE OWNED OTHER SUV'S AND THIS ONE IS THE BEST I WISH THEY WOULD JUST FIX THE KINKS. WILL DEFINATLEY BUY ANOTHER ONE BUT WILL LOOK AROUND TO SEE IF SOMEONE ELSE CAN COME CLOSE."

Great, reliable car except for uncomfortable seats

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, good in snow, good looking, easy to main"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats"

"Our third Jeep GC Limited. We love them!! Worked well for us---the 2005 seats weren't very comfortable, however."

Overall Great Car

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

"This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee, and most definitely won't be my last. The good news: 1) Terrific handling for an SUV 2) Great horsepower no matter which engine. I currently have the 5.7L Hemi, which is awesome! But the 3.7L v6 is just fine. I suggest the 4.7L v8. Powerful, but not over the top. 3) Never had any major mechanical issues. 4) Overall great value relative to other SUV's. In terms of features, aesthetics, and performance it feels like a luxury brand without the huge price tag. The Bad: 1) Of course poor gas mileage, since I have the Hemi engine 2) The Navigation/DVD system just stopped working one day. Not sure if it's a common issue."

A REAL SUV.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A SUV. THIS IS THE ONE TO GET. I BOUGHT MY 05 GRAND CHEROKEE NEW FROM THE DEALER WHERE I WORKED AT THE TIME. IT HAS ALL OPTIONS EXCEPT DVD INCL THE HEMI. THE REASON I RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE IS I WAS IN AN ACCIDENT WERE I WAS SITTING AT A STOP LIGHT AND WAS T BONED IN THE DRIVERS SIDE A PILLAR. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT..HE WAS IN A RODEO HIT ME AT 25 MPH AND I WAS FINE AND STILL DRIVE THE JEEP TODAY. HIS CAR NOT SO MUCH. THIS THING IS BUILT LIKE A TANK I HAVE NO PROBLEM PUTTING MY FAMILY IN THIS VEHICLE. BEING A MASTER TECH AT A LARGE USED CAR CHAIN I WORK ON ALL MAKES AND MODELS..ACURA, TOYOTA, FORD, CHEVY, OR ANY EUROPEAN CANNOT STACK UP TO THE OFF ROAD CAPABILITY POWER, ACCELERATION OR HANDLING OF THIS SUV. RELIABILITY HAS BEEN GREAT SO FAR AND I DONT WORK ON MANY FROM THE MODEL YEAR 05 ON. ONLY GRIPE I HAVE IS THE DEPRECIATION..BUT THAT HAS MOSTLY TO DUE WITH THE CAR MAGS OUT THERE."

Defective Front Door Design

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the HEMI. Love the car's power and comfort, but hate the defect in the front doors that has led me to buy a new GL450 to replace the Jeep. Simple wind gusts that blew the front doors open - each one on different occasions - has damaged each of the front two doors. The driver's side door caught the front quarter panel and bent the quarter panel, requiring repair (i.e. there was no clearance between the door and the car). The passenger front door scrapes the front quarter panel each time it opens, making a loud creaking noise that is most unseemly. The rear doors withstood the same winds. This happened in NYC both times. Yes it was windy, but I didnt see other people's door hinges separating from the frame where there is a hole in the hinge for a bolt - but none is in place. There is a cold weld around the hinge that is separated from the frame. The dealerships say that this is an act of god and not covered by waranty. Extremely dissapointing given the cost of the vehicle ($41K sticker). I will never buy another Jeep now, after having owned Jeeps for over 15 years, because I dont trust their warranty is any good. Sad but true."

Good Value

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Jeep has never broken down on me (knock on wood). Has features that cost much more in other manufacturers. My only issue is with fuel economy. Seems like I fill up twice a week. Otherwise, I love Jeep."

Great Look - Not so great performance

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I had an '02 Grand Cherokee before this and had nothing but problems - steering and transmission issues - and was glad to get rid of it. I decided to give the '05 a try anyway because I liked the new style. I love the way it looks and the features inside are awesome. I have the Boston Acoustics radio upgrade with Sirius Satellite radio and 6-disc changer, sunroof, running boards, and tire pressure monitor (which is a really good thing to have). BUT, the reliability of the vehicle itself has not been great. The air-conditioning makes a whining noise at about 55 mph when on the second setting (we have the manual air). The dealer says this is a known problem that Jeep had no fix for yet (as of last time we talked to them) and this has been ongoing since the month we bought the car (early '05). This problem definitely impedes the enjoyment of the car. Also, the gear shifter has been replaced twice and the original tires have all been replaced due to several safety issues we had over the time we had the vehicle (inexplicably losing tire pressure - this is where the tire pressure monitor really came in handy). Although I love the car itself, again for the style and features, I wish the realiability was better. I probably will not buy another due to the issues that don't seem to get addressed by the manufacturer."

strongest and most rugged vehicle.of today

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "power, speed, smart traction control and looks."

Cons: "heat shields separate, not easy to do basic main."

"The gripping power when on snow and ice are unmatched. I pulled 2 to 3 feet in diameter rocks along a frozen lake to put along the shoreline with ease. I pull my 45 foot.dock out of the water and up a hill with ease. For those that complain about a second delay before shifting is normal. The 5 45RE transmission is a smart trany. It first looks at vehicle speed, throttle position and tray temp prior to shifting."

Excellent automobile - Low maintenance

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance, powerful, sporty, elegant inside"

Cons: "gas milage,"

"I have had my automobile for about 7+ years and have had very little to no problems. I change my oil when required and have purchased tires twice. I have not had a tune-up (although I need one)and my jeep runs really good. I will be purchasing a newer jeep next year but I felt the need to share the satisfaction I have with my jeep. I have 170k miles and the most expensive issue I had was a broken hose! There are some minor noises when I make very sharp turns which does scare me all the time, but overall my jeep is low maintenance and very reliable. May be slightly expensive up front but it is certainly worth it!!"

love my jeep

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

"this is my 2nd jeep. the first one lasted us 13 years. I've owned the grand Cherokee for 2 years now. I love the jeeps and won't ever buy anything else. they are sturdy and reliable. we live in the mountains of WV and the jeeps are a popular vehicle here for good reason. love it love it."

New tech is the downfall

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Style/saftey"

Cons: "Mechanical"

"Not a mans Jeep after 2004. They make you take it to the dealer to change trans fluid, Plugs.....If you could do it yourself before 2005 you probably just have a headache and a slim wallet after 2004 models. Only good thing is it is safer since they relocated the gas tank and added crumple zones and airbags. My trans has slipped since i bought it and its $300 just to have the trans fluid replaced compared to a whole filter fluid change under $40 before 2005 models."

Just Awesome

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Awesome smoothe comfortable drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and passenger room"

"The Jeep is the best car I have owned. I was so impressed with the drive after the first snow the Jeep went up snow covered hills with no problem when some trucks could not even make it up the hill. The car is very dependable and reliable.I would drive the car across the world if it wasn't for the gas mileage. The Jeep for me lacks passenger space."

Great Jeep!

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

"I bought my 2005 Jeep new and still have it. Has about 88k miles on it and have NOT had any problems with it. I've just done regular maintenance and it's been great! I don't plan on getting rid any time soon. The only reason I gave the "Design" a 4 out of 5 is because the seats stain easy...even with just water you get a stain on them."

Worst Car Ever

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"Bought brand new for 35,000 dollars. Have had in the dealer 8 times for not starting. Again today will not start. Electrical problems Chrysler cannot figure out. AAA has told me everytime it is towed that Chrsyler is notorious for electrical problems. Bought it to go skiing. Have to take my other car. Unreliable. Very frustrating. Chrysler customer service is even worse. They could care less. Maybe that's why Chrysler is in trouble. Enough said."

Nothing but problems

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"We bought our 05 grand cherokee 9 months and since then it has been to the dealer 12 times. Thats right 12 times and the thing still isn't fixed. Been nothing but problems from the day we bought it. Looking to trade or just get rid of ASAP. We have everything replaced in the fuel emissions and the ecm still says that we have a leak in it somewhere. The airbag light stays on with the check engine light. The dealer doesn't know how to fix the problem. The value has also dropped $2,500 in nine months."

This car is junk

By on Saturday, November 10, 2007

"This car is junk. Since I owned this car over 2 years, I have a small book to repair history. Water leak, over heat, engine stop, idling.... Never buy a jeep."

not crazy about it

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"The Grand Cherokee rides good but there are more negative than positives about our experience with the vehicle. We have had repeated problems with the driver window. It has shattered several times for no apparent reason when raising and lowering. The sensor lights are constantly coming on for one reason or another. The worst part is the seats. The material is not soft and they are just really uncomfortable. We chose cloth at the time but I would never do it again."