2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 953 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Finest Grand Cherokee Jeep Ever

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Good value, excellent quality."

Cons: "Hard plastic window sills."

"This has been my fifth Jeep and the first vehicle that has gone 90K miles with absolutely no problems, conditions or glitches. I wish every car I've owned was this flawless. I purchased the Limited 4x4 V8 new in Jan. 2005 on a special order from the Detroit factory with the two-tone leather upholstery and tow package. After 7 years it still looks, drives and even smells new. Grand Cherokees can fit in a compact parking space but also can swallow enormous amounts of cargo as we head to our summer home in eastern Washington towing our boat. Even over the Cascade mountain passes, the V8 has plenty of power to haul a full load of people and their stuff. I get 21 mpg on the highway and 16 around town but it's certainly worth it. Jeeps are a great bargain compared to other SUVs and mine has been completely rattle free. Compare that to a GM or Ford. Excellent design and good ergonomics."

Great vehicle but it's too thirsty!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive in winter. Lots of space."

Cons: "Gas guzzler. Sluggish at high speeds."

"I've owned this truck for about 2 years now. I bought it used in 2010. This Jeep has been really fun to drive. Unlike other people who say the seats are too hard, I find them very comfortable for any amount of time you're sitting on them. The first (and only) thing I had to get fixed was the electrical plug that goes into the transmission because of a leak. This is a very common problem (and cheap to fix) so it didn't bother me. The 4x4 is incredible. Driving in the snow feels like driving on dry pavement in the summer with this Jeep. Unfortunately, it doesn't snow year round so not being able to turn off/on 4x4 is somewhat of a letdown. The two things that bug me with this Cherokee is that it sucks gas like there's no tomorrow. I manly drive this thing in the city and it is painful to see that my average mpg is about 14. With gas over $4 in my area, it takes almost $80 per fill-up and it disappears in just over a week. The other thing I don't like is that it feels low on power. Accelerating from a constant speed to pass or from making a turn feels like it takes a second or two for the engine to catch up. A little dangerous if you're not used to it. Bottom line, if you don't mind the low mpg's and a little sluggishness, then it's a good choice for you. Otherwise look for a better alternative..."

love my Jeep

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "Great features and ride for a true offroad vehicle"

Cons: "gas mileage not great for an SUV this small"

"I had a V6 Grand Cherokee, and though it was the bottom of the line in trim, engine and 4WD system it was a real hero going over the roughest terrain in the high Colorado passes. Even without 4WD low it had no problems. I was not thrilled with the low gas mileage (12-13 around town and 18-19 highway) of the V6. The engine seemed to be straining to move the vehicle. I recently traded the V6 for the Hemi, and wow. The Hemi really kicks butt, and with the variable displacement feature, the gas mileage is not that much worse."

Poor Mechancial Issues

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Purchased my 2005 Grand Cherokee. Started out loving it. After 11 months the transmission started leaking. Seven months later the check engine light came on. The code would not allow dealer to determine the issue. Three months after that check engine light came on again. Code was determined to be a leaking hose. Two days later the check engine light came on again. This time the transmission lead plate had gone bad. Three months later the check engine light came on again. This time only showed communication issue. Three weeks later the check engine light came on again. That time the gear shift assembly had gone bad. Just waiting to see what is next. Hope to get rid of as soon as possible. Only has 31,000 miles. If "Lemon" fit then this would be an example."

I don't know what else anyone could want.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "offroad mastery meets onroad sophistacation. power"

Cons: "gas mileage, gas mileage. GAS MILEAGE!"

"Off road: excellent traction, good articulation, and the front air dam is easily removable which helps approach angle. On road: compared to most SUVs, the HEMI is in a league of its own. push the gas to the floor and 'Merica happens! also rides very comfortably with a forgiving suspension and minimal road noise."