2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 958 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Not bad so far!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, easy maintenance, cool looks, roomy."

Cons: "Fuel economy, hard seats, PCM trouble codes."

"We bought this vehicle for my wife when her Saturn died. The ride is very nice with all of the comforts of a newer car. We have only owned this vehicle for 3 months with only minor problems. The engine runs good, and the transmission seems to shift fine. We had a one time no engine turnover which we are watching very closely to see if this happens again. The one thing that I have noticed about the Jeep is that it is sort of glitch prone. The engine light comes on about every third week. The trouble codes are usually communication errors or something to do with the emissions vapor system. Overall, the Jeep seems to be a fair value. Time will tell if the vehicle has bigger problems in the future."

New tech is the downfall

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Style/saftey"

Cons: "Mechanical"

"Not a mans Jeep after 2004. They make you take it to the dealer to change trans fluid, Plugs.....If you could do it yourself before 2005 you probably just have a headache and a slim wallet after 2004 models. Only good thing is it is safer since they relocated the gas tank and added crumple zones and airbags. My trans has slipped since i bought it and its $300 just to have the trans fluid replaced compared to a whole filter fluid change under $40 before 2005 models."

Great Jeep!

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

"I bought my 2005 Jeep new and still have it. Has about 88k miles on it and have NOT had any problems with it. I've just done regular maintenance and it's been great! I don't plan on getting rid any time soon. The only reason I gave the "Design" a 4 out of 5 is because the seats stain easy...even with just water you get a stain on them."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"This is an exceptional auto. My wife and I went back and forth with this, an Xterra, and a 4-Runner. We got this for a much better price and we like the ride and looks more. The ONLY negative to this is obviously the MPG (that is why I marked down performance). We average 14.8-15.2. We do, however only drive in the city (limited highway driving). And there is a stop light every ten feet in our town. There is more than ample room for us and we let our 87lb Lab ride in the cargo area. She loves all the room. If you are looking for a midsize SUV, please try the new Grand Cherokee. I beg my wife to let me drive it...no luck so far."

Excellent automobile - Low maintenance

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance, powerful, sporty, elegant inside"

Cons: "gas milage,"

"I have had my automobile for about 7+ years and have had very little to no problems. I change my oil when required and have purchased tires twice. I have not had a tune-up (although I need one)and my jeep runs really good. I will be purchasing a newer jeep next year but I felt the need to share the satisfaction I have with my jeep. I have 170k miles and the most expensive issue I had was a broken hose! There are some minor noises when I make very sharp turns which does scare me all the time, but overall my jeep is low maintenance and very reliable. May be slightly expensive up front but it is certainly worth it!!"