2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 972 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

In spite of its leaks, still going strong

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room to haul things."

Cons: "Seat Material stains easily, looks awful."

"2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, bought used in 2006 with 25K miles on it. There were three leaks when I bought it, got one fixed, two remain in the engine. Related to ATF fluid leaking. Never gotten this fixed, just replace the fluid every 3-4 weeks. The seats are badly stained, the rear middle seat belt is stuck really tight. Other than that, my jeep is starting to wind down I believe, I have just recently started losing or burning oil to where it is empty, not consistently, but this is the second time its happened in three months. I haven't had this checked yet. I drive 100 mi roundtrip, 5 days a week."

not crazy about it

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"The Grand Cherokee rides good but there are more negative than positives about our experience with the vehicle. We have had repeated problems with the driver window. It has shattered several times for no apparent reason when raising and lowering. The sensor lights are constantly coming on for one reason or another. The worst part is the seats. The material is not soft and they are just really uncomfortable. We chose cloth at the time but I would never do it again."

Great Power, Mediocre Comfort

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"I have the 2005 Grand Cherokee with the V8 HEMI. Overall, I am very happy with the vehicle. The HEMI sure packs a powerful punch. The handling is veryy smooth...better than I expected from a Jeep. The best part is that I have not had any major issues with the vehicle. A couple of downsides are gas mileage (about 14 MGP on average), and very little headroom. I'm 5'10" and the top of my head brushes the ceiling when I sit straight up."

3rd one I've had, won't be the last!

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cons: "No auxiliary adapter, that's all."

"This is the 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee I've owned and I can honestly say it won't be the last. I don't have to worry about it breaking down on me, it drives great, has all the bells and whistles, and is overall my most favorite I've owned. I'm a Jeep lover thru and thru and will continue to be!"

Gotta Love it

By on Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy enough for my wife to drive"

Cons: "fuel... But I knew that buying it!"

"Great car, tows anything and I can't even tell it is there. I've driven it all across the country and has been very reliable."

love my jeep

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "great to drive goes anywhere"

Cons: "to many sensors but i guess thats what you get wit"

"love my jeep its great it goes anywhere i want it to i just wish it towed more and that all the electrical in the car didnt go haywire when you have a problem with the rear door lacth sensor but over all its a GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

wish I had better luck with my jeeps

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "great in snow, nice interior features"

Cons: "in the shop to frequently"

"this is my second jeep cherokee. I had troubles with my first (2004), gave it a second chance because of how good it was in the snow. No better. Bought with 13,000 miles, in shop after 2nd week, drivers window control broke. Has broke 3 times since, front passenger window control twice, leak in the sunroof, radio controls on steerwheel broke, alternator, rear headrest 5 times (everytime you put back seat down and raise seat up again the headrest stays in down position)it has been a struggle to straighten out problem. these problems all occurred before 65,000 miles. Thankfully after troubles with my first jeep I bought extended warranty. all covered except for 100 dollar deductible I had to pay each repair! So I would let the repairs build up so I would pay 100 bucks to repair 2 or 3 things at once. Honestly I wish I had not had trouble with both of my jeeps. I love how they handle day to day, I love the look, their handling in the snow. I like the fact that this is an SUV that doesn't make you feel like you should have to load it up with 3 kids and a husband. Just the right size. Unfortunately my jeep has nickled and dimed me right out of getting another one. I dont want to have to feel as though I have to rely on an overpriced warranty to drive a pretty car."

Awesome Truck

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Runs great and looks sporty...cute!!"

Cons: "Not enough room to put cell phone, etc."

"This truck is everything I could ever wish for. Leather, television, black...its simply awesome. It runs like a horse. Can't wait to drive it in the snow. It truly represents."

2002 V8- great vehicle

By on Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, fault free, good utility vehic"

Cons: "Carrying space in rear is limited."

"I bought my Jeep new in 2002. It has been a strong, reliable vehicle. At 155k miles, it still neither uses nor leaks oil. Very strong drive train. Interior and exterior have held up. Only repairs are tires, brakes, hoses, battery. Gets 16 mpg, pretty good for an 8 cyl vehicle. Very powerful, great pickup. Will buy another new one soon."

love my jeeps!

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

"the '07 is the 4th grand cherokee i've owned, and by far my favorite. Had it going on five years, never kept a car that long before. Love jeep styling, on and off road capability, fastastic in the snow, comfortable ride, but most of all, feel very safe in a jeep! Built tough and sturdy! Unfortunatly was recently rear ended at highway speeds and I don't even want to think what may have happened, had I not been in my tough built grand cherokee. Will soon be the owner of a 2012 grand cherokee! absolutely nothing compares to a jeep!"