2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 972 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

In spite of its leaks, still going strong

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room to haul things."

Cons: "Seat Material stains easily, looks awful."

"2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, bought used in 2006 with 25K miles on it. There were three leaks when I bought it, got one fixed, two remain in the engine. Related to ATF fluid leaking. Never gotten this fixed, just replace the fluid every 3-4 weeks. The seats are badly stained, the rear middle seat belt is stuck really tight. Other than that, my jeep is starting to wind down I believe, I have just recently started losing or burning oil to where it is empty, not consistently, but this is the second time its happened in three months. I haven't had this checked yet. I drive 100 mi roundtrip, 5 days a week."

not crazy about it

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"The Grand Cherokee rides good but there are more negative than positives about our experience with the vehicle. We have had repeated problems with the driver window. It has shattered several times for no apparent reason when raising and lowering. The sensor lights are constantly coming on for one reason or another. The worst part is the seats. The material is not soft and they are just really uncomfortable. We chose cloth at the time but I would never do it again."

Great Power, Mediocre Comfort

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"I have the 2005 Grand Cherokee with the V8 HEMI. Overall, I am very happy with the vehicle. The HEMI sure packs a powerful punch. The handling is veryy smooth...better than I expected from a Jeep. The best part is that I have not had any major issues with the vehicle. A couple of downsides are gas mileage (about 14 MGP on average), and very little headroom. I'm 5'10" and the top of my head brushes the ceiling when I sit straight up."

3rd one I've had, won't be the last!

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cons: "No auxiliary adapter, that's all."

"This is the 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee I've owned and I can honestly say it won't be the last. I don't have to worry about it breaking down on me, it drives great, has all the bells and whistles, and is overall my most favorite I've owned. I'm a Jeep lover thru and thru and will continue to be!"

Gotta Love it

By on Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy enough for my wife to drive"

Cons: "fuel... But I knew that buying it!"

"Great car, tows anything and I can't even tell it is there. I've driven it all across the country and has been very reliable."