2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 946 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Ii bought this vehicle used... NO regrets!!!

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "Lots of room,great field of vision, room to carry"

Cons: "8 cyl/low mpg,"

"I love being able to put almost whatever I want inside and haul it to wherever I need to take it. I used to drive a sports car. Idk if I will ever be able to go back to small cars again, unless its my second car. I was skepticle about buying the Jeep, cash out right, but its nice not having a pmt and I just have maintainance and gas. So far, so good. My brother has been driving Cherokee's for years and loves them. Now I see why. He had 1 that had around 265,000 mi on it when he sold it. He runs synthetic oil in them and he does most of his maintainance. I hope I'm as lucky with my Cherokee."

Hawk says this is a real vehicle!

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "has always done the Job at hand"

Cons: "Tire sensor problems. Ignition recall"

"Jeep review So, I have had this vehicle for more than 7 yrs and hope to keep it at least 7 more. First, it gets me to my cabin that is a mile off road up hill at a 10% grade, through the mud, even in harsh winters in upstate ny until the snow is iced over from freezing. Mileage varies from 22 mpg on trips to 14 city only and 4 wheel country. 4 WD low has been used many times. I have the Hemi which requires the 89 octane minimum. POWER in that engine gives me the ability to tow, which I do often and every other reason you want/need a big engine. Caries 4-5 people in the jeep and still room for my 2 dogs. Without all that, carries anything I need to for hunting trips, family trips, vacations, shopping, trips to hardware stores for those remodel projects and so much more. I love the power windows & locks, power seat, heated seats, the auto high beam, cruise control, 6 CD, Sirius radio, and radio controls on the steering wheel. Blue tooth hands free and GPS. Are nice to have also. Not the best GPS, as it fails to recognize many country roads as a potential route which would help when I am on hunting extravaganzas. The tire pressure monitoring has helped me discover 2 leaks, very thankful, however those sensors need a better life expectancy as I have replaced several for no true reason other than not working anymore. "Service tire pressure system" gets old when a sensor goes. With scheduled maintenance for all systems, vehicle has had no expenses other than the tire sensors. Roof rack also helps in the many trips this vehicle takes. I also like the shiftable auto transition that helps with the many hills I drive down in the county, maintaining speed just like a stick shift would. The TOW button helps with heavy loads to keep it at a higher idol speed to endure those hills with weight. I had a pickup truck before this. You sit more like your in a truck meaning more comfortable with leg room and like you are sitting in a chair, not like a car where you feel like you are on the ground with you legs stretched out forward. Very comfy to ride and drive. Back seat room is nice. 60/40 rear seats flip down for cargo space. I use that split very often. So glad it has that option. So 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is what I have. At first I did not want the extras that come with the Overland but now they are used frequently. 5th new vehicle I ever had, best purchase I ever made. Need new ignition switch which is currently part of a recall. It shut of engine and all power things including lights."

First time jeep owner, but extremely pleased

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great in bad weather, and smooth"

Cons: "Not great gas mileage (15-22)"

"I bought an 08 Grand Cherokee, and of course when i bought the first thing i wanted to do was take it off-road/through the snow. I've had the chance a few times and I'll tell you first hand that the 4WD system (Quadratrac I) delivers when it comes to control and consistency in the snow. If you are in the northern states I would highly recommend this vehicle for the winter and even everyday driving. Even if you live in southern environments I would still recommend based of comfort and drive-ability, also you could drive on the beach and things of that sort."

I really love this design and reliability, great

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Great design and price"

Cons: "Small entrance back doors"

"I really love this vehicle for the design and reliability. I would really hate to buy a different designed vehicle. The only complaint I have is the small rear door entrance and foot room is small. That is my only real thing I would like to change but not have to pay too much for the change in size. I don't really like the new streamlined design of the newer model. It seems squashed."

Most fun legally behind the wheel

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "HP, interior, sound system"

Cons: "MPG, MPG, MPG"

"I have owned 3 Jeeps now and I must say that the Overland is way, way more comfortable than any other vehicle I have ever owned or even been in. Ever! The SRT8 is not too far behind but it is definitely behind. But then you put your foot down and it comes screaming from behind to overtake that slightly less comfy feeling. The acceleration from a dead stop is great but I really enjoy the 40-70 range. You know that car in front of you that always seems to want to merge into 70mph traffic at 40 on the on-ramp? Well, once you are clear to get around, 70 is at your speed dial in literally the blink of a watering eye. I dare you not to grin like you just got on your first roller-coaster ride as a child. Yeah it is a very thirsty motor, but then again, you probably knew that before you were even looking at them. 420HP in America doesn't come with fuel efficiency. My winter experience is a little tainted coming from an overland before this SRT8. Where the Overland was like walking on sticky tar, the SRT8 is more like socks on a tile floor. Not slipping around a lot but occasionally you can feel it want to get Bambi legs. overall it is fine. the 10/90 split in power is enough to keep the front wheel moving you forward. As long as you don't have more than 4-5 inches of snow of course. Then the front spoiler is just that... a spoiler. Overall I love the SRT8. I am wanting a new SRT but the price tag just keeps going up and up each year. What was a $60k vehicle in '07 is now a $75k vehicle in '15. Find a used one and enjoy the savings and the ride!"

Most unreliable vehiicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "car starter all wheel drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Feet of snow no problem"

love my jeep in all weather conditions

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"Sharp looking suv, sporty and confortable great v8 drivetrain great AWD system good power and great value few flaws here and there just like any vehicle but overall im happy with my purchase"

Being a repeat customer, I love this vehicle.

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Smooth riding, very stable at speed on highway."

Cons: "Rear seat cup holder broke much too quickly."

"Again Being a repeat customer, I love this Jeep even more than the last one I Owned. When you have lived in the northeastern United States all of your life, and have been subjected to just about every kind of weather including blizzard,whiteout,torrential rain and high winds, you learn very quickly the advantages of owing a four-wheel drive vehicle that can take you anywhere at anytime in any weather."

Great jeep quality and craftmanship, great family

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, fun and reliable vehicle"

Cons: "likes it's fuel"

"MyJeep has all the amenities you could want that was available in the 2008 Limited "Trail Rated" Edition Comfortable to drive, solid to the road. GREAT soubd system. Only thing is because of the V8 Hemi engine, it doesn't sip fuel, it drinks it fast. I have to take all back roads to work, that doesn't help, on the highway,the MPG's are much better."

HAS RUN AND PERFORMED VERY WELL.

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "RUGGED, DEPENDABLE, HANDLES EASILY."

Cons: "GOES THROUGH BRAKES"

"HAVE BEEN SATISFIED WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT BRAKES, TENDS TO GO THROUGH ROTORS QUITE A BIT."

SRT8 is HEMI Madness!!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Speed, Curb Appeal, HP/Torque ratio,"

Cons: "MPG, Cost to upgrade is $$$$$"

"I have an 06 SRT8 and it drives like a dream!! Fast enough to keep up with the Challengers and I can still fit 5 people and all of my fishing gear in it. Only Con is the Feul Economy/ But then again, I didn't buy it for its MPG... I got it for the HP!"

very happy with the jeep

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "fun car to drive and safe ."

Cons: "fuel milage ."

"we have driven this jeep for over a 100000 miles .we got it used and have driven a cross the country a few times .this jeep have kept my family safe ."

used as tow vehicle of 3,000 lb. camper

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "great overl all performance"

Cons: "fuel economy of 2006 V-8 could be better."

"this is second Jeep Grand Cherokee I have owned and I see a lot of 'em on the road.. I am happy with my 2006, except I would appreciate better fuel economy. the jeep line is "bullet proof"."

Best vehicle I've ever had!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Space, Versatility, Durability"

Cons: "Front pax floor space isn't the best."

"I love my Jeep. She keeps me safe, she's reliable, let's me tow things and drive in the snow or sand. She's versatile and has room for a car full of passengers and my 80 lbs. dog. I haven't had mechanical issues with her in the 7 years I've owned her (she was leased prior). I'll definitely be in the market for another one when she's done"

Less To Like Over Time

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Powerful V8, excellent sound system"

Cons: "Failed electronics, costly repairs, terrible MPG"

"We've owned this vehicle since it was brand new, and the older it gets, the less I have to love about it. For example, the cabin is noisy and the seats are uncomfortable for longer trips. Just recently, we've had to replace the water pump, front differential, radiator, and transmission solenoid. Also recently, the radio screen blanked out and you can only go through your radio presets, turn the radio on or off, and adjust the volume of the radio. The radio is expensive to replace, and you can't go aftermarket since the rear DVD player and SIRIUS Satellite Radio are tied into the factory radio. I have an '02 Grand Cherokee, and have owned multiple Grand Cherokees over the years, and my '02 beats our '05 in almost every way. The Boston sound system is crisp and clear, though, and the V8 is powerful, I will give it that. Overall, though, consider either a newer or older generation Grand Cherokee, but not this one."

I have enjoyed driving this car - for 10 years.

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great in inclement weather, comfort"

Cons: "beginning to have to replace parts."

"This car is still a smooth ride, plenty of power and is fantastic in inclement weather. Nothing stops it. It is great on trips and you arrive fairly rested after being in a car for several hours. I will miss it."

Comfortable and reliable

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee for 4 years. It has been very reliable, no problems at all. Low maintenance costs. Only complaint is the gas mileage. Overall great vehicle."

Most comfortable vehicle for an SUV.

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, agile and hugs the road."

Cons: "Still looking for the cons . . ."

"Best vehicle ever owned. It has power, of road capabilities, roof rack, wonderful to travel with. Most comfortable interior ever and every control right in front of you. When rear seats are put down, allows ample room for those trips to the hardware store or any place else. Service has always been minimal, when maintained as book states. A really pleasant experience."

Lucy the Jeep!

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage 19-21mpg highway"

Cons: "has a very thin red pinstripe on the side"

"My grand cherokee has been amazing. by far my favorite vehicle yet! It is unbelievably reliable, comfortable, and very fun to drive. This model has the ability to switch from automatic to semi-manual making passing cars as well as driving country roads a blast. Mine is black with black and grey leather interior in amazing shape. It's spotless, scratch less, and I have babied it. Up to date on all checks, oil changes, tires, brakes, and spark plugs."

205000 miles and never had a tuneup.

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Plenty on power and the stabilization package"

Cons: "Rear windows"

"I've had the oil changed regularly and that's the only maintenance besides changing tires out about every 50k miles. The jeep still gets 20 plus miles per gallon. The only drawbacks I can think of are the back windows only go down halfway and the driver's seat has sunk in far enough to be uncomfortable without an added cushion."

I love my jeep..comfy

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "good price, fun to drive, comfy and roomy"

Cons: "gas mileage..19-20 in town 22-23 highway."

still shiney after all these years

"I couldn't miss with this Grand cherokee. Comfy and roomy. I have towed my camper behind it and my small boat with no problems. a 10+"

still shiney after all these years

very nice suv !

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"this is a very good off road car and it have that sporty fell in it and it is fantastique but the new model is even better but I still like this car very much!"

LOVE my Jeep!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Drives great! Always starts! Very comfortable."

Cons: "Need lights for cup holders inside."

"I bought my Jeep brand new and never had any problems with it! I absolutely love it! I would like a new one some day, but for now, I will keep the one I have!"

Best Vehicle ever!

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Great price, very fun to drive."

Cons: "2 cup holders in front console and 2 in back"

"I am the only owner of this 2005 Grand Cherokee Loredo I have enjoyed it very much but I would like to up grad to another Jeep. Carpet needs replacing, and Right side back door needs a minor repair hit something on road it flew up and hit door. Other than that it is in great shape, new tires, new brakes this year 2014. Gold in color gray cloth seats and interior."

Best Jeep Ever!

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Hold their price value, fully loaded"

Cons: "Gets 15-18pg around town, no other cons"

"Im reading all the other reviews and somefolks start rating the regular Jeep. This is to rate the SRT8, not the regular Cherokees. I bought my 2006 in 2008 Summer. I paid 29,000k with 30,000 miles, which is a steal. Its fully loaded with the nav/dvd/video system. The only thing that had an issue was the torque converter that was covered under my extended warranty. Im at 93000 miles now and I just had to replace the electric cooling fan, 318$. So.......what can I say, I get 18mpg and have also bought the Diablo predator that allows multiple tuning. The truck is solid, dependable and the 6.1L with a tune is amazing wen punched from a light. Some times Im easy on the car and some times I do spirited driving, overall- - - - - - BEST TRUCK EVER!!!!"