2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 956 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

I don't know what else anyone could want.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "offroad mastery meets onroad sophistacation. power"

Cons: "gas mileage, gas mileage. GAS MILEAGE!"

"Off road: excellent traction, good articulation, and the front air dam is easily removable which helps approach angle. On road: compared to most SUVs, the HEMI is in a league of its own. push the gas to the floor and 'Merica happens! also rides very comfortably with a forgiving suspension and minimal road noise."

Not bad so far!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, easy maintenance, cool looks, roomy."

Cons: "Fuel economy, hard seats, PCM trouble codes."

"We bought this vehicle for my wife when her Saturn died. The ride is very nice with all of the comforts of a newer car. We have only owned this vehicle for 3 months with only minor problems. The engine runs good, and the transmission seems to shift fine. We had a one time no engine turnover which we are watching very closely to see if this happens again. The one thing that I have noticed about the Jeep is that it is sort of glitch prone. The engine light comes on about every third week. The trouble codes are usually communication errors or something to do with the emissions vapor system. Overall, the Jeep seems to be a fair value. Time will tell if the vehicle has bigger problems in the future."

Great Jeep!

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

"I bought my 2005 Jeep new and still have it. Has about 88k miles on it and have NOT had any problems with it. I've just done regular maintenance and it's been great! I don't plan on getting rid any time soon. The only reason I gave the "Design" a 4 out of 5 is because the seats stain easy...even with just water you get a stain on them."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"This is an exceptional auto. My wife and I went back and forth with this, an Xterra, and a 4-Runner. We got this for a much better price and we like the ride and looks more. The ONLY negative to this is obviously the MPG (that is why I marked down performance). We average 14.8-15.2. We do, however only drive in the city (limited highway driving). And there is a stop light every ten feet in our town. There is more than ample room for us and we let our 87lb Lab ride in the cargo area. She loves all the room. If you are looking for a midsize SUV, please try the new Grand Cherokee. I beg my wife to let me drive it...no luck so far."

Great Look - Not so great performance

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I had an '02 Grand Cherokee before this and had nothing but problems - steering and transmission issues - and was glad to get rid of it. I decided to give the '05 a try anyway because I liked the new style. I love the way it looks and the features inside are awesome. I have the Boston Acoustics radio upgrade with Sirius Satellite radio and 6-disc changer, sunroof, running boards, and tire pressure monitor (which is a really good thing to have). BUT, the reliability of the vehicle itself has not been great. The air-conditioning makes a whining noise at about 55 mph when on the second setting (we have the manual air). The dealer says this is a known problem that Jeep had no fix for yet (as of last time we talked to them) and this has been ongoing since the month we bought the car (early '05). This problem definitely impedes the enjoyment of the car. Also, the gear shifter has been replaced twice and the original tires have all been replaced due to several safety issues we had over the time we had the vehicle (inexplicably losing tire pressure - this is where the tire pressure monitor really came in handy). Although I love the car itself, again for the style and features, I wish the realiability was better. I probably will not buy another due to the issues that don't seem to get addressed by the manufacturer."