2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 972 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Groundbound Guided Missile

By on Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Love the power, the handling, and the brakes. At any speed, toe in the loud pedal, and it jumps like a scalded cat. Although it's a big, heavy, SUV, it turns in smartly and corners beyond my willingness to go. The brakes are RIGHT NOW, but not alarmingly so. You can modulate them without a lot of practice. More useful than most vehicles in this performance class, and the best value of anything comparable. Downsides are fuel mileage, ride, and a pretty mundane interior for a $40,000+ vehicle. We haven't seen 18 mpg on an interstate-only jaunt, even when trying to conserve fuel. On southern roads, free of frost heaves and serious potholes, the ride is firm, but tolerable. When we drove it through southern Michigan last summer on vacation, though, it qualified as cruel and unusual punishment. It's probably a bit loud for most people's tastes, we've added the Mopar (Corsa) cat-back exhaust and Mopar cold air intake kit, which add power at the expense of some noise. The tailgate glass shattered spontaneously on about the third or fourth closing - no warranty! Cost about $400 to replace. And the ultra-low front fascia is very susceptible to damage. A moment's inattention in a parking lot can be VERY expensive. I'm willing to live with the compromises, for the pure rush of driving it, but suspect that many would not."

Nice SUV

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Great in the snow and comfortable on long trips. Had a problem at 25K miles with the rear differential, was in the shop for almost two weeks. That drove my "3" rating on reliability and quality."

Compare

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"Compare other SUV's closer. Owned this jeep since new only 36k miles. Seats uncompfortable, too much plastic, annoying clicking in steering dealer having problems correcting, engine feels like it wants to die accelerating from a turn, dealer can't figure. Hasn't held its value. Overall mpg lucky at 14. I drive mostly city."

Fun Vehicle to drive!

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Well I got this car used in the spring and it only had about 32K miles on it. I love driving it, take it to work and thats about it, lol. The only downside I see with this is about the same as any SUV. I drive 40 miles to work every day, so going back and forth from work and home it gets expensive, with gas and all. I've figured out that I basically avg 18 MPG with this Jeep. Doesn't seem that great, but it gets me from point A to point B! Lovely SUV!"

Love my Jeep

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"This is the second Jeep I have owned. I love this vehicle, it has never let me down. Since owning it I lived in Germany, Alaska, Michigan and Virginia. I drove it in Germany on the autobahn it always kept us with speed, never had a flat. From Alaska (with a full load and cargo uptop) down the Alcan, through Canada and back and forth through the states. This Jeep rocks, it handles ice, snow, rain, heat & distance rides. She's always kept me comfortable and safe in -20 degree weather to 100 degree heat. It performs, and keeps going. I gave a low rating for the vehicle because I paid $36,00 for it brand new, and is worth less than half, now. The maintenance has been low and Jeep always treats me like family no matter what dealership I stop at. Gas mileage is comparable for alot of cars on the market, so I don't really complain, it's the car I want with all the options, and gorgeous. I will always trust my Jeep, it takes care of me."

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"I own the laredo Grand Cherokee, with 3.7L V6. I thought it would be almost economical specially with the gas prices, however, it turned out to give me almost the same miles per gallon I got on my H2 just after 9-12 months of ownership. The engine performance is very weak, when purchased you are told it has 210HP, after 6months of driving it goes down to about 160HP. Brakes are horrible, weight transfer isn't well designed or taken care in terms of suspension aspects. The height of the vehicle isn't completely the same through out the vehicle, if you take a look at one driving you can see the front axle wheels are lowered, while the rear wheel axle is slightly higher. Interior is a joke, not much headroom, not much legroom, not much electronics, and one might argue that its a base model, but for $35,000 you can get a much better vehicle on the market today. Off-Roading this vehicle is a trash can on wheels."

Buy It USed

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"I had a 1996 Grand Cherokee and rode it into the ground with $220,000 miles. I ended up with a 2005 GC limited with all the options for less than 20K! It even had navigation and the DVD palyer with two wireless headsets. I know GC loses value when you buy new but on the used car market it's a steal. Other SUV's of the same performace and size were a lot more expensive. The gas mileage is an issue but when you can get one of these for the price of subcompact the choice is easy. And this is very fast for an SUV..."

Very nice

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"We have had our Jeep for a little over a year now and really like it. Very comforable- even on long trips. The V6 seems a little underpowered compared to the older cherokee w/ the inline 6, but it does alright. The ride is very smooth. We have had some major ice storms the last 2 winters and the AWD on this thing is unbelievable. It is almost impossible to spin a tire. Kinda takes all the fun out of the winter weather."

Hemi-Grand Cherokee

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Bought this new and now have 58k miles. Every option. Few problems, lots of power, 18 mpg if careful, FAST and fun. Had nav problem with joystick -replaced twice under warr. More careful since and no issues. Front pass seat is not up-down adjustable - too high for big people... Styling has improved, looks better now than 3 years ago. Tires are great - about to replace originals, so they are 60k mi tire. Only complaint is drive train "clunk" when you put it in gear some times - told thats part of high-tech system... Only been off-road once - bought for towing and it's great for that - though 13 mpg with a load. I'd buy another but keeping this one for awhile."

Lemon

By on Thursday, April 3, 2008

"38000 miles on it and is broken down with something new every 2 weeks. I have a car with 164000 miles on it that is more reliable."

Bad Transmission

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"I bought my 07 JGC new in July 07. Almost immediately I began to notice transmission shudder at about 38 mph. This is when the vehicle shifts into 5th gear. It has been in the shop several times and just today I have been told by Jeep that this is an issue with the transmission but they have no plans to correct this. I love the vehicle but they apparently have no plans to fix an obvious problem. The dealer has been great. Too bad I can't say the same for the manufacturer."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"We have had this jeep for 10 months. So far there has only been one minor glitch. Sometimes the automatic window on the front passenger side acts funny. The one touch will only allow the window to roll up so far then it will go back down. It seems like the motor in that window is not working right. Other than that, we absolutely love it. The quality of the cloth seats is not the best, but that is why you pay extra for leather. Plenty of room. The drive is very smooth and very quiet. Our chocolate lab would kill us if we traded this for something with better mpg, so we will have to deal with that. I would advise anyone looking in this market to give this jeep a chance. We really are impressed with the quality. Audio input for your ipod is a nice bonus at no extra charge. Full size spare is very nice to have as well."

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I absolutely love my Jeep and I recommend it to anyone that will listen! It's roomy, and the back seats go down easily and quickly if I need to haul anything large, yet it gets surprisingly good gas mileage!"

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Very nice car. Rides wonderful and is easy to drive and park for a Sports utility vehicle. I'm emensly pleased with it!"

My jeep is my baby!!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Ive never owned a jeep before until i got mine in february. I love it so much."

ok jeep

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"cloth seats are junk...Even water makes a stain. Loud road noise....Windows go up and down many times when you try to close them."

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"of all the 4x4's that I have owned in my 33 years of driving this is the BEST in snow that I have ever had the pleasure to park in my garage! Im more than impressed with the mileage that I get both intown and on the highway. way better than my little 4x4 pickup ever was. Now if only JEEP would make a midsize 4x4 pickup... I'd be a happy jeeper...."

hot suv

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"i like everything about this jeep. but the power windows up front . i have alittle issue with. they are onetouch up,down. sometimes when i go to put the window up with the onetouch the window will stop then go back down and up a few times before i become frustrated and then will just hold the button to get it to work."

Excellent Choice!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"My Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited is the best vehicle choice I have ever made. It has excellent power with the hemi and has no trouble towing my 20' boat. When compared to my 05 Tahoe that I traded in, it is amazingly better! The driving is much more comfortable, the engine is much much quieter, and the vibrations that are caused by Michigan roads are a thing of the past. The cargo space is amazingly large when the backseat is folded down, it also has a great roof rack that will hold luggage for at least 4 people when traveling for more than a week. The gas milage is great on the highway. i am averaging 15mpg towing and 22mpg when I am not. This is a big difference from the Tahoe when I was maybe getting 10mpg towing and 15mpg when I was not. I also do not feel the weight of the boat when I accelerate or decelerate as when I did with the Tahoe. Jeep has created an amazing tow system that gives me the added power when I need it. The two tone leather is extremely stylish and the wood inserts are a great touch. Everyone that rides in the jeep cannot believe that it is a Jeep when they enter the vehicle and they cannot stop talking about it when they exit. i have already converted 2 nonbelievers to the Jeep Grand Cherokee and hope that anyone that reads this will give it a shot when looking for a stylish comfortable ride."

It has my MRV Vote! "Most Reliable Vehicle"

By on Friday, July 15, 2016

"I've had my '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited going on six years now, and I absolutely love her. In the six years having her as my primary vehicle, I have only had one issued, nothing else. The factory installed alternator died on me. Even that wan't a big deal considering she was 7 years old at the time. After it died, I simply went to my local Auto Zone, bought a new alternator, and installed it myself. (Everything is made to break, eventually) I bought the car with 30,000 miles on it, and have nearly put 100,000 miles more on her in five years. As long as you take care of its general maintenance it will last you a long, long time. I plan on driving her for a while longer, maybe even until she dies. Even though I have been thinking about getting her much younger sister the '16 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Since owning a Jeep, I will no longer purchase from another manufacturer. I can't say much about Jeep's other models because I've only had a Grand Cherokee, but what I can say is, if the other models are made anything like the '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited then you are going to get the most reliable vehicle on the road.... GET ONE! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!"

I love this car.

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, hemi, lots of room"

Cons: "mpg, no aux input,"

"This is my first car and I love it. I wanted an SUV, something I could go on the beach with. This is a great first car or for a long timer in the car industry. The only downside is that I have a hemi and didn't realize the amount of gas I would be putting in every 5 days. Also, there is no aux input. Being 19 with an iPhone thats a major bummer. All in all I absolutely love my car!"

great vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "cheap floor material"

"love the leg room. a little disappointed in the quality of the floor material, had to have it replaced. but other than that, the can has run perfectly for the nine years that I've owned it. I would definitely consider buying another jeep."

Wonderful, dependable vehicle.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Handles extremely well, very tight"

Cons: "15-16 MPH"

"One owner car...has been the most reliable car I have owned. No major mechanical issues at all. Very pleased with the performance level of this vehicle!"

excellent SUV

By on Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Everyone told me not to buy this SUV; luckily didn't follow their advice....still running great"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Good value, very reliable, awesome power, smooth and quiet. Tows my trailer easily. Very good in the snow."