2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 972 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

I absolutely love my Jeep

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable, fun to drive."

Cons: "A little overpriced if buying new-shop around"

"I love my Jeep. It has been extremely reliable, comfortable and just an overall great car to drive. I am looking to upgrade to the 2012 SRT8!! Can't wait until they are out."

Good quality vehicle

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "comfortable ride, spacious"

Cons: "no built in mp3 player"

"My experience with my Grand Cherokee has been a great one. I have had no problems out of it in the time of ownership. Even now at 101,397 miles it still runs great. It has PL,PW,PS,PM, AM/FM,CD audio aux input, cruise, alloy wheels, full roof rack, and traction control."

09 OVERLAND..OVER THE TOP

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Best mid size suv 4x4 period. Hemi 357hp, all the tech gadgets out there. Voice Nav/phone, free sirius radio, zenon HID self leveling, camera, remote start...I could go on for ever. This complaining I keep hearing about vibrations while driving. I don't feel a thing. My Overlander is so smooth and quiet. No vibrations and to me even more import no rattles. I hate cars that rattle over the slightest road imperfections. I think for 09 they got it right. Was going to wait for new 2011 model with the cool Quadra Lift feature. But with ep pricing, rebates, auto show cash. I saved over 10k and got the zero percent financing. Could not pass up this deal. Lastly I am a 3 time jeep owner and have nothing but praise."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Great all around daily driver. Downside is that it depreciates faster than any vehicle I have ever owned.Brakes are very shakey and vibrate.Seems to be a product defect.I have owned 5 Grand Cherokees and they all have had the "brake vibration".Upside oodles of power, great styling, lots of options, and fun to drive. Also an excellent four wheel drive system that is unstoppable off road and in any terrain. Also, stay away from "extended service contracts" dealer will always find a way to squirm out of repairs.Contracts are also very expensive and just not worth the money in the long run(personal experience)."

Problem maker

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I own a 2008 Grand Cherokee and so far its not going well. My roof rack broke, my My/gig back up camera doesn't work, the lights are going crazy in the interior and now its taking them two weeks to fix all of these errors. I bought the jeep because of its good price, looks, and "quality" but i guess i was wrong"

LOVE

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"I leased The 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in March, after my 2006 Jeep Commander Limited Lease was up...I thought long and hard about keeping the Commander since it only had 10.000 miles on it but I am so pleased with the 2008 Grand Cherokee ....I am thinking the MYGIG Navigation system is the most enjoyable feature The old Navigation in the Commander was a pain to use ....and you MUST get the Chrome wheels ..I enjoyed the 2005 Grand Cherokee but you just get sooo much more with the 2008 ..like keyless start for those hot or cold days ...and now heated 2nd row seats...SWEET! I was always an Acura guy but with this my 3rd Jeep I guess I am a Jeep guy now ....I think if your in the market for a SUV you NEED to look at the Grand Cherokee Limited !!!"

Great Learning Experience

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"I traded off my 04 Hyundai Accent for this Jeep in October '05. Loved the Jeep for a while until gas prices went up and the performance stayed below of what the sticker had promised, which still bothers me (Complained to the salesman, who said that it would get better after the break-in period) I think that if I had been informed accurately that the car would give me 14MPG (This is the V6!!!) city/17MPG Hwy., I would've purchased my other option, a GTI from the same year. All in all, the styling is great, the car is dependable, comfortable and a great design... other than the monthly payment and regular maintenance, after 37,000 miles everything has been sound (knock on wood). I have the Laredo V6 2WD, no options. The plastic on the inside feels a little cheap, and it has a couple of blind spots on the side pillars, gotta be careful about those. If they could come up with this same Jeep with better mileage (at least 18MPG on the city), I would say it's the perfect Jeep. I would recommend it only for those who have been warned about this. Oh, get the 4x4, too. It has so much torque that sometimes when you make a sharp turn while accelerating it can get a little bit slippery even on dry asphalt."

2007 Jeep is awesome!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Previously owned a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Ordered the 2007 without even a test drive. The 2007 performance and handling is far better with the quadra trac II system! Makes it in and out of the driveway in deep snow with no problem. Handles great on the highway in a blizzard or in icy conditions. The wider base feels much better taking turns and the comfort is outstanding. Love the sound and performance of the 4.7 V-8. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for anything!"

I love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I have a 2005 Jeep cherokee laredo 4x4 3.7L which i bought in march 2006. I have to say I love it! I can't complain, no lights have come on, haven't been stranded, except for a flat tire, it drives beautiful, it has 50,000 miles, which majority is all highway. I have to admit, i hate the cloth seats due to the stains it leaves, a drop of water is all it takes. I get about 17-18 mpg highway and 15-16 in town. Its great though, i feel like a queen in the snow, don't have to shovel the driveway to get out ever!!! It works for me and the kids!"

Owned two grand cherokees

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"My 2001 cherokee had problems with dying as I was coming to a stop, had to replace the heat/air system, some other engine problems, plus the depreciation value was considerably faster than my payments. My 2005 has quite a few problems with getting into reverse, switching gears (although its automatic), stalling, a clunking noise when going from park to drive, it hestiates a lot when fully excellerating, rear window wiper never worked, the air ducks whistle loudly when driving 75MPH or more."