2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 972 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

LOVE

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"I leased The 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in March, after my 2006 Jeep Commander Limited Lease was up...I thought long and hard about keeping the Commander since it only had 10.000 miles on it but I am so pleased with the 2008 Grand Cherokee ....I am thinking the MYGIG Navigation system is the most enjoyable feature The old Navigation in the Commander was a pain to use ....and you MUST get the Chrome wheels ..I enjoyed the 2005 Grand Cherokee but you just get sooo much more with the 2008 ..like keyless start for those hot or cold days ...and now heated 2nd row seats...SWEET! I was always an Acura guy but with this my 3rd Jeep I guess I am a Jeep guy now ....I think if your in the market for a SUV you NEED to look at the Grand Cherokee Limited !!!"

Great Learning Experience

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"I traded off my 04 Hyundai Accent for this Jeep in October '05. Loved the Jeep for a while until gas prices went up and the performance stayed below of what the sticker had promised, which still bothers me (Complained to the salesman, who said that it would get better after the break-in period) I think that if I had been informed accurately that the car would give me 14MPG (This is the V6!!!) city/17MPG Hwy., I would've purchased my other option, a GTI from the same year. All in all, the styling is great, the car is dependable, comfortable and a great design... other than the monthly payment and regular maintenance, after 37,000 miles everything has been sound (knock on wood). I have the Laredo V6 2WD, no options. The plastic on the inside feels a little cheap, and it has a couple of blind spots on the side pillars, gotta be careful about those. If they could come up with this same Jeep with better mileage (at least 18MPG on the city), I would say it's the perfect Jeep. I would recommend it only for those who have been warned about this. Oh, get the 4x4, too. It has so much torque that sometimes when you make a sharp turn while accelerating it can get a little bit slippery even on dry asphalt."

2007 Jeep is awesome!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Previously owned a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Ordered the 2007 without even a test drive. The 2007 performance and handling is far better with the quadra trac II system! Makes it in and out of the driveway in deep snow with no problem. Handles great on the highway in a blizzard or in icy conditions. The wider base feels much better taking turns and the comfort is outstanding. Love the sound and performance of the 4.7 V-8. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for anything!"

I love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I have a 2005 Jeep cherokee laredo 4x4 3.7L which i bought in march 2006. I have to say I love it! I can't complain, no lights have come on, haven't been stranded, except for a flat tire, it drives beautiful, it has 50,000 miles, which majority is all highway. I have to admit, i hate the cloth seats due to the stains it leaves, a drop of water is all it takes. I get about 17-18 mpg highway and 15-16 in town. Its great though, i feel like a queen in the snow, don't have to shovel the driveway to get out ever!!! It works for me and the kids!"

Owned two grand cherokees

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"My 2001 cherokee had problems with dying as I was coming to a stop, had to replace the heat/air system, some other engine problems, plus the depreciation value was considerably faster than my payments. My 2005 has quite a few problems with getting into reverse, switching gears (although its automatic), stalling, a clunking noise when going from park to drive, it hestiates a lot when fully excellerating, rear window wiper never worked, the air ducks whistle loudly when driving 75MPH or more."

last jeep I'll ever buy

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"I have owned 5 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokees. This is by far Jeeps worst effort. I now have neck problems due to not being able to see out the back well enough. The first few months I was hitting my head all the time getting in the vehicle. I'm only 5'2". The transmission has given me problems since 2 months after I bought it. The driver's window does not work properly, the vents only work on high, AC never gets cold enough. Seats stain easily by water alone. Loved all my other Jeeps, do not like this Jeep at all. Not sure I'll buy any kind of a Chrysler product again because of transmission problems of several different Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products. This can't be coincidental. Any body want to buy my Jeep??"

not such a good value

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"I have had my Jeep in the shop a total of 5 times since purchasing a year and a half ago. Way too many times for a brand new vehicle with only 16000 miles on it. It has leaked water into the interior of the vehicle, one of the window motors had to be replaced, there was a recall on the braking system, and my transmission was acting up and all of my filters had to be replaced. It seems as if it has been one thing after the other with this vehicle. I definitely would not recommend to anyone!"

Reliability problems

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Purchased my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7L Hemi CPO from dealership. Had only minor issues until I hit the 36K warranty limit. Since then, has been in the shop a handful of times, including replacing the starter (twice in one month), replacing battery, replacing washer fluid pump, and because "Service 4WD" indicator illuminated in the dash. It seems Chrysler has done a great job getting you THROUGH the warranty life of this vehicle, but problems are apparent once the warranty has expired. If purchasing this vehicle, I would *strongly* recommend purchasing an extended warranty plan. Regardless, I am pleased to say that I traded my GC in today for a brand new 2008 Audi A4 and am *glad* to get rid of it. After owning several other Jeeps, from Wranglers to other Grand Cherokees, my 2006 WK series easily had the most number of problems, and because of the sour experience I do not see myself in another one for a very long time if ever."

2006 Jeep Gr Cher

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"Pros: Reliable and I feel very safe driving this. Also, very good SUV in the snow. Cons: I have cloth interior and its terrible. Very uncomfortable and it stains very easily. Also, gets very bad gas mileage. Mine is even a V6 and it gets about 14 mpg in town and 17-18 mpg on the highway. At 25,000 miles the rear shocks were already leaking and had to get those replaced, but were covered under warranty. Otherwise a good SUV if you can afford all the gas to put in it!!"

I will never buy a JEEP again

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"I have had my jeep worked on 4 times in a year because of transmission problems. It gets old calling a tow truck all the time. My wife is the one that wanted the jeep but she hates the 2005 jeep with only 20,000 miles in 2years that we have now."

cant believe it

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I bought this used 3 weeks ago and it has a miss in the tranny and no one seems to be able to find the answer.The dealer had it a week and half and its back in today as I write this,So very frustrating.this is my first Jeep I love it except for the tranny shuddering,I have read others that have had same problem,what a bummer for a great longtime machine!! I am not sure if I will keep it now...Oh its a 2005 Grand Cherokee.40K on it."

I am not happy

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I don't know if I got a lemon or what. But my vehicle has had nothing but problems with the transmission. I have had it in the shop a total of 5 times now for the same thing. It has a miss in the transmission. I have had other Jeeps and never had any problems but I am overall not happy with my experience on this one at all."

Unreliable

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"27,000 miles and it spent almost two weeks in the shop. Plus, I had to fight for a rental! I've been complaining about the A/C since I've bought it and all they (Jeep) says is... "the computer says it's fine" Nothing performs better... period! Athough, they need to work at it's quality and reliability. I've owned three and they get worse, never again!"

Jeep Grand Cherokee

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"Nice ride for a 4x4. Interior styling is a bit boring if you don't get any of the extras like the navigation system and auto climate control. 3.7L engine is a little sluggish but has enough power for day to day driving. I don't really recommend the 3.7L for the mountains… I suggest the V8 for you mountaineers! Gear changing if left in drive is excessive on steep mountain roads but this goes with any automatic vehicle. :o) There are a few rattles, but none to really complain about... it's a 4x4. Fuel mileage is absolutely terrible! The digital MPG gauge averages 16.5 MPG and has not gotten better over time as I had thought it would. The sun visors could use an extendable visor. Huge blind spot on drivers side when cornering around left-hand turns between the front/passenger window sections. When test driving make sure to take a left-hand turn and you will see what I mean. Overall rating of 4 out of 5, it is a nice looking vehicle and practical. If you got some extra money to dump into the Grand Cherokee buy the V8!"

GCL the Best

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Bought new Dec. 04', Hemi 5.7 amazing performance. MPG avg. 15 city/ 21 highway (sometimes 23 MPG Hyw.) Drive daily 150 to 400 miles. No major mechanical problems, replaced starter at 86,000 mi. OEM less than $100+labor. Could'nt ask for a more dependable road car. I change oil & filter every 4000 miles. Original tires lasted 80,000 mi. Take care of your car and it takes care of you."

It has my MRV Vote! "Most Reliable Vehicle"

By on Friday, July 15, 2016

"I've had my '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited going on six years now, and I absolutely love her. In the six years having her as my primary vehicle, I have only had one issued, nothing else. The factory installed alternator died on me. Even that wan't a big deal considering she was 7 years old at the time. After it died, I simply went to my local Auto Zone, bought a new alternator, and installed it myself. (Everything is made to break, eventually) I bought the car with 30,000 miles on it, and have nearly put 100,000 miles more on her in five years. As long as you take care of its general maintenance it will last you a long, long time. I plan on driving her for a while longer, maybe even until she dies. Even though I have been thinking about getting her much younger sister the '16 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Since owning a Jeep, I will no longer purchase from another manufacturer. I can't say much about Jeep's other models because I've only had a Grand Cherokee, but what I can say is, if the other models are made anything like the '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited then you are going to get the most reliable vehicle on the road.... GET ONE! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!"

great overall!

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"We've replaced 3 of the inside door handles, cheap plastic handles. vent clips have broken off of 2 vents. The push button dash info has rubbed off and can't be read any more. The back cargo pull handle broke. Very minor problems. owned for 4 yrs, comfortable ride."

Great car for the price.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great price @ the time of purchase."

Cons: "expensive for replacement parts."

"This car has had these problems. The air conditioning had to be replaced. The motor for the windshield wiper had to be replaced. The two front window motors had been recalled. The ESP sensor goes on without a reason. It is badly insulated and noisy. The six cd changer had to be replaced. The front seatbelts had to be replaced."

i have simply loved my jeep.

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "reliable strong car"

Cons: "a blind side in mirrors"

"I cant believe its been 9 years with this jeep. When I first bought it in 2005 it was the first of the new jeeps made by Chrysler. It turned heads then and everyone asked me how I liked it. Well it has been a good truck and I hate to even think of parting with it you know sentimental memories and all. As my jeep got older maybe by the 7th year I did begin to experience mechanical issues not extremely major but costly. I will definetly try to buy another jeep . I am proud this is an American made car it is one of our best."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "no on-off switch for four-wheel drive just auto"

"reliable car, enjoy driving it, does great in the winter with four wheel drive. would like to get a newer one with less miles"

Love my Jeep!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "runs like a scalded dog"

Cons: "plastic breaks"

"The interior of the doors have plastic and around the door openers are breaking."

Wonderful reliable vehicle and made in USA to boot

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

"This is my third jeep. They have been trouble free each time. Older nav system could be improved but wonderful car overall."

This thing rocks

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "looks nice great 4x4"

Cons: "under powered v6 get the v8"

"love my grand cherokee I have put 42000 on it and not had a problem. Had only 25k on it when i bought it and i have driven from wisconsin to colorado four times and it does great in the mountains and the snow ive off roaded it a few times and does good no complaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go buy one but spring for the v8 I have the v6 and it seems a little under powered but still works good for me"

First Jeep and won't be the Last

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"2009 Bought brand new. 22,000 Miles and had no problems what so ever. I will only buy Jeep now. I love it. Upstate Ny snow is nothing for my Jeep. Really would love a 2011 because of the new style."

Jeep GC with Hemi

By on Monday, February 7, 2011

"By far the best Jeep I've owned (this is #3). I splurged for the Hemi engine and wouldn't change a thing. With a little over 90,500 miles, I have not had any major issues or recalls. Just your normal maintenence items, just as with any car if you take care of it...it will do the same. I spent a lot of time in my Jeep, driving for work, and I would have to be hard sold to change brands at this point."