2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 972 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Not bad so far!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, easy maintenance, cool looks, roomy."

Cons: "Fuel economy, hard seats, PCM trouble codes."

"We bought this vehicle for my wife when her Saturn died. The ride is very nice with all of the comforts of a newer car. We have only owned this vehicle for 3 months with only minor problems. The engine runs good, and the transmission seems to shift fine. We had a one time no engine turnover which we are watching very closely to see if this happens again. The one thing that I have noticed about the Jeep is that it is sort of glitch prone. The engine light comes on about every third week. The trouble codes are usually communication errors or something to do with the emissions vapor system. Overall, the Jeep seems to be a fair value. Time will tell if the vehicle has bigger problems in the future."

Excellent automobile - Low maintenance

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance, powerful, sporty, elegant inside"

Cons: "gas milage,"

"I have had my automobile for about 7+ years and have had very little to no problems. I change my oil when required and have purchased tires twice. I have not had a tune-up (although I need one)and my jeep runs really good. I will be purchasing a newer jeep next year but I felt the need to share the satisfaction I have with my jeep. I have 170k miles and the most expensive issue I had was a broken hose! There are some minor noises when I make very sharp turns which does scare me all the time, but overall my jeep is low maintenance and very reliable. May be slightly expensive up front but it is certainly worth it!!"

New tech is the downfall

By on Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pros: "Style/saftey"

Cons: "Mechanical"

"Not a mans Jeep after 2004. They make you take it to the dealer to change trans fluid, Plugs.....If you could do it yourself before 2005 you probably just have a headache and a slim wallet after 2004 models. Only good thing is it is safer since they relocated the gas tank and added crumple zones and airbags. My trans has slipped since i bought it and its $300 just to have the trans fluid replaced compared to a whole filter fluid change under $40 before 2005 models."

Worst Car Ever

By on Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Bought brand new for 35,000 dollars. Have had in the dealer 8 times for not starting. Again today will not start. Electrical problems Chrysler cannot figure out. AAA has told me everytime it is towed that Chrsyler is notorious for electrical problems. Bought it to go skiing. Have to take my other car. Unreliable. Very frustrating. Chrysler customer service is even worse. They could care less. Maybe that's why Chrysler is in trouble. Enough said."

It has my MRV Vote! "Most Reliable Vehicle"

By on Friday, July 15, 2016

"I've had my '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited going on six years now, and I absolutely love her. In the six years having her as my primary vehicle, I have only had one issued, nothing else. The factory installed alternator died on me. Even that wan't a big deal considering she was 7 years old at the time. After it died, I simply went to my local Auto Zone, bought a new alternator, and installed it myself. (Everything is made to break, eventually) I bought the car with 30,000 miles on it, and have nearly put 100,000 miles more on her in five years. As long as you take care of its general maintenance it will last you a long, long time. I plan on driving her for a while longer, maybe even until she dies. Even though I have been thinking about getting her much younger sister the '16 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Since owning a Jeep, I will no longer purchase from another manufacturer. I can't say much about Jeep's other models because I've only had a Grand Cherokee, but what I can say is, if the other models are made anything like the '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited then you are going to get the most reliable vehicle on the road.... GET ONE! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!"