2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 933 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cons: "Non"

"Best SUV or car I have ever owned, still love it after 7 years."

love my jeep

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

"this is my 2nd jeep. the first one lasted us 13 years. I've owned the grand Cherokee for 2 years now. I love the jeeps and won't ever buy anything else. they are sturdy and reliable. we live in the mountains of WV and the jeeps are a popular vehicle here for good reason. love it love it."

love my jeep

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

My Beautiful Black Jeep

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Great deal at the time, reliable ride ,safe ride."

Cons: "Gas mileage was only slightly better"

"I am a loyal Jeep Owner, and this Jeep is my second. I 'traded down' from a 'Limited' in 2009 because my 2004 needed a lot of work and there was a tax write off, and Dealers were doing their own 'cash for clunkers' deals. Although, the Limited was FAR from a 'clunker' , I wanted the tax write off for going from 8 to 6 cylinders. The new Jeep ,for me, was better. It is a far better ride, far better engineering, needed very little work and we ( my son and I) 'worked' it ALOT. When things get better for me I would love to buy a Jeep again, I will ALWAYS be a loyal "Jeep" girl."

My Beautiful Black Jeep

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Great deal at the time, reliable ride ,safe ride."

Cons: "Gas mileage was only slightly better"

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "comfort, safety, and just feels good to drive"

Cons: "only gas"

"This thing is a tank, this winter we didn't get snow all season we did get a half dozen or so very snowy days one that was blizzard like, this bad boy showed no problems or signs of struggle and i did have to drive in the blizzard like snow. It was fantastic, of course i wasn't just speeding around had to be smart but nothing that was thrown at my jeep even came close to getting it stuck. Things a beast"

I love my Jeep but it needs better MPG.

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Style,comfort,safety,fun to drive,lots of options."

Cons: "Brakes, MPG, Nav screen update."

"Pros: Stylish, comfortable, driver friendly vehicle. Features: U-connect blue tooth hands free phone system. Heated power front leather seats. Two driver memory settings, driver ease entry exit. Auto on/off and auto dimming headlights. Rain sensor intermittent wipers. Adjustable pedals. Easy down/up shift feature for driving in the mountains. Elegant dark metallic green paint that has held up well in the Texas sun."

Best vehicle I have ever owed!

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "It's a JEEP, not a Toyota, honda, etc"

Cons: "Should have bought 4x4 model"

"I love the Grand Cherokee even though I despise driving SUV's. For some reason I feel in control of my Jeep more than other SUV's. I have just under 85,000 miles on it with minimal issues. I just had the rear brakes replaced for the first time. Yes, I'm saying that the front brakes have 85,000 miles and still going strong. The rear brakes were replaced at 79,000 miles. I just put on the third set of tires and have never had to do a wheel alignment, ever. The battery was just replace at 5yrs and 3 months with 81,000, and I bought it at Walmart for $110.00. I have the 4.7 ltr. V-8, 2 wheel drive. My leather drivers seat started splitting (not at the seam) at 27,000 miles and there is a small little rattle in my headliner above the drivers seat. I was to busy to take care of those issues while it was still under manufacturers warranty and have dealt with it since. The rattle is really minimal and comes and goes from time to time. I purchased the Chrysler MAXCARE Lifetime warranty, so I'm covered for life/unlimited miles and will take care of those issues when I get around to it. The warranty I purchased for a little over $2,000 is for life and covers electronics, drivetrain, and more. I tow a 5x8 trailer that weights close to 3000 lbs. daily for my business and it does it with ease. I have driven this Jeep across the country twice from NC to CA in two days each time. I drove for 26 hours straight with fill ups, a rest break, and another 11 hour straight drive. Once in July and once in January, hot or cold it never missed a beat. I love this Jeep, but wish I had bought the 4x4!"

This is a great car.

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

"I had a 3 year lease and when the lease was up a decided to buy the car, I loved it so much. I sell real estate and live in an area with snow. I need a car that is reliable and will get me where I have to go. This car also hold its value really well. The only negative is the gas mileage....not great. I don't put a lot of miles on my car in one year so this is not an issue for me but could be if you drove a lot of miles."

Beautiful, reliable vehicle.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great 4x4 system, very reliable."

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't the best, can be uncomfortable"

"Overall, I would rate the vehicle at a 9/10. I've owned 3 of these jeeps, 2 of which I currently have. Sold one to purchase a more gas efficient vehicle for my mother. I rated the comfort and convenience low because the seats hurt my (sensitive) back after an hour or so of being in the car. I have had great luck with my jeeps other than the one having a water pump go out at 50k. Other than that, it's been great. I have taken it cross country with no faults. My other one I have a lift kit and some big tires on. I took it off-roading with some jeep pals and I never got stuck once. They were quite impressed. The 4x4 system is great no matter which one you purchase (they are especially great in the snow). I would recommend the Jeep Grand Cherokee to anybody without second thoughts."

Not the best gas mileage.

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "beautiful color and pretty body style."

Cons: "no auto up on back lift-gate."

"I love this car everything about it is great. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is I want a new car. And the price of gas now-a-days."

Great Tire Traction Button!

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Traction Button & Gas/Brake Pedal Mover Button"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE SUCKS!--- Need to make a Hybrid asap!"

"This was my first Jeep and I have loved it. The best feature is the tire traction button for me. You can use it when it rains, or when it's windy so you're not going all over the road looking like a drunk or someone that's falling asleep.... or that just plain doesn't know how to drive. Second great feature is the button that moves the gas/brake pedals closer to you. I never liked having to drive with my big toe. The thing I DO NOT LIKE-- GAS MILEAGE! It's horrible! I want them to make a Hybrid Jeep Grand Cherokee. Now that would be the best vehicle ever made! I hope someone of importance reads this... that can put a plan into action. HYBRID! HYBRID! HYBRID! *chanting*"

Never left me on the side of the road!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Safe and tough"

Cons: "gas milage isn't great"

"I have loved our Jeep Grand Cherokee, as never has it left us on the side of the road. I have well over 200,000 miles and feel torn trading the car in. I am a single Mom with four busy kids and this car is like part of the family! This car was my pick because if I am in an accident, it will keep my family safe. I don't want my kids in a tin can!"

New tech is the downfall

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Style/saftey"

Cons: "Mechanical"

"Not a mans Jeep after 2004. They make you take it to the dealer to change trans fluid, Plugs.....If you could do it yourself before 2005 you probably just have a headache and a slim wallet after 2004 models. Only good thing is it is safer since they relocated the gas tank and added crumple zones and airbags. My trans has slipped since i bought it and its $300 just to have the trans fluid replaced compared to a whole filter fluid change under $40 before 2005 models."

wish I had better luck with my jeeps

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "great in snow, nice interior features"

Cons: "in the shop to frequently"

"this is my second jeep cherokee. I had troubles with my first (2004), gave it a second chance because of how good it was in the snow. No better. Bought with 13,000 miles, in shop after 2nd week, drivers window control broke. Has broke 3 times since, front passenger window control twice, leak in the sunroof, radio controls on steerwheel broke, alternator, rear headrest 5 times (everytime you put back seat down and raise seat up again the headrest stays in down position)it has been a struggle to straighten out problem. these problems all occurred before 65,000 miles. Thankfully after troubles with my first jeep I bought extended warranty. all covered except for 100 dollar deductible I had to pay each repair! So I would let the repairs build up so I would pay 100 bucks to repair 2 or 3 things at once. Honestly I wish I had not had trouble with both of my jeeps. I love how they handle day to day, I love the look, their handling in the snow. I like the fact that this is an SUV that doesn't make you feel like you should have to load it up with 3 kids and a husband. Just the right size. Unfortunately my jeep has nickled and dimed me right out of getting another one. I dont want to have to feel as though I have to rely on an overpriced warranty to drive a pretty car."

Just Awesome

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Awesome smoothe comfortable drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and passenger room"

"The Jeep is the best car I have owned. I was so impressed with the drive after the first snow the Jeep went up snow covered hills with no problem when some trucks could not even make it up the hill. The car is very dependable and reliable.I would drive the car across the world if it wasn't for the gas mileage. The Jeep for me lacks passenger space."

My Second Amazing Jeep

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle. Couldn't ask for more in a car."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"After driving two Jeeps--over a 13 year period--I have become extremely loyal to the brand. When buying a new vehicle, I will shop Jeep--and only Jeep. I find my Jeeps to be reliable, distinct, excellent driving control in most weather conditions--nothing offers control on ice, for example."

Overall great vehicle

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "reliability, look, features, comfort"

Cons: "horsepower could have been better."

"I have owned several jeep products and always happy with every one I have owned. Jeep is a great product and don't know if I'd really consider driving anything else. My 2009 has been the best that I have had the pleasure to own. Only one area I considered a slightly lower rating. On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate the pickup/horsepower a 9. I support fuel efficiency but would have liked to see a more powerful engine. Look forward to my next purchase."

Purchased 2007 Grand Cherokee w/3.0 Diesel

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pros: "Love the vehicle on the highway, plenty of power"

Cons: "NO CONS AT ALL, Other than buying engine oil"

"I purchased a 2007 Diesel with only 17500 miles on it. Not a door ding/scratch on the vehicle. Paint is flawless. So far it has been trouble free. I am in the process of changing out the original exhaust system for a larger one to a 3 inch. You can dump the factory muffler system with no excess noise and bring it out in front of the rear wheel. MPG increases 4 more MPG's and engine has much better performance. One complaint...buying engine oil. Chrysler seems to hold the key to this $11.00 a quart. And it holds 10qts. It requires an ACEA 3 which is impossible to find at the local auto parts house. VW,Mercedes Benz, carry it at the same price."

Finest Grand Cherokee Jeep Ever

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Good value, excellent quality."

Cons: "Hard plastic window sills."

"This has been my fifth Jeep and the first vehicle that has gone 90K miles with absolutely no problems, conditions or glitches. I wish every car I've owned was this flawless. I purchased the Limited 4x4 V8 new in Jan. 2005 on a special order from the Detroit factory with the two-tone leather upholstery and tow package. After 7 years it still looks, drives and even smells new. Grand Cherokees can fit in a compact parking space but also can swallow enormous amounts of cargo as we head to our summer home in eastern Washington towing our boat. Even over the Cascade mountain passes, the V8 has plenty of power to haul a full load of people and their stuff. I get 21 mpg on the highway and 16 around town but it's certainly worth it. Jeeps are a great bargain compared to other SUVs and mine has been completely rattle free. Compare that to a GM or Ford. Excellent design and good ergonomics."

No problems yet

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,will hate to get rit of it."

Cons: "Cup holders. awkward. some trim cheap"

"This auto has done anything I. have ask. WeAverage 18 mpg. in everyday driving. Have got as high as 22 mpg on trips. Had the brakes checked when I bought new tires at 70000, tbhe inspectorsaid they were good for 50000 more. Some of the inside trim is flimsy.Seating is narrow for wider bodied people. But my nex car will get better gas mileage."

Not bad so far!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, easy maintenance, cool looks, roomy."

Cons: "Fuel economy, hard seats, PCM trouble codes."

"We bought this vehicle for my wife when her Saturn died. The ride is very nice with all of the comforts of a newer car. We have only owned this vehicle for 3 months with only minor problems. The engine runs good, and the transmission seems to shift fine. We had a one time no engine turnover which we are watching very closely to see if this happens again. The one thing that I have noticed about the Jeep is that it is sort of glitch prone. The engine light comes on about every third week. The trouble codes are usually communication errors or something to do with the emissions vapor system. Overall, the Jeep seems to be a fair value. Time will tell if the vehicle has bigger problems in the future."

Great vehicle but it's too thirsty!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive in winter. Lots of space."

Cons: "Gas guzzler. Sluggish at high speeds."

"I've owned this truck for about 2 years now. I bought it used in 2010. This Jeep has been really fun to drive. Unlike other people who say the seats are too hard, I find them very comfortable for any amount of time you're sitting on them. The first (and only) thing I had to get fixed was the electrical plug that goes into the transmission because of a leak. This is a very common problem (and cheap to fix) so it didn't bother me. The 4x4 is incredible. Driving in the snow feels like driving on dry pavement in the summer with this Jeep. Unfortunately, it doesn't snow year round so not being able to turn off/on 4x4 is somewhat of a letdown. The two things that bug me with this Cherokee is that it sucks gas like there's no tomorrow. I manly drive this thing in the city and it is painful to see that my average mpg is about 14. With gas over $4 in my area, it takes almost $80 per fill-up and it disappears in just over a week. The other thing I don't like is that it feels low on power. Accelerating from a constant speed to pass or from making a turn feels like it takes a second or two for the engine to catch up. A little dangerous if you're not used to it. Bottom line, if you don't mind the low mpg's and a little sluggishness, then it's a good choice for you. Otherwise look for a better alternative..."

Awesome Truck

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Runs great and looks sporty...cute!!"

Cons: "Not enough room to put cell phone, etc."

"This truck is everything I could ever wish for. Leather, television, black...its simply awesome. It runs like a horse. Can't wait to drive it in the snow. It truly represents."

2002 V8- great vehicle

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, fault free, good utility vehic"

Cons: "Carrying space in rear is limited."

"I bought my Jeep new in 2002. It has been a strong, reliable vehicle. At 155k miles, it still neither uses nor leaks oil. Very strong drive train. Interior and exterior have held up. Only repairs are tires, brakes, hoses, battery. Gets 16 mpg, pretty good for an 8 cyl vehicle. Very powerful, great pickup. Will buy another new one soon."