2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.0

Based on 948 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great Power, Mediocre Comfort

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"I have the 2005 Grand Cherokee with the V8 HEMI. Overall, I am very happy with the vehicle. The HEMI sure packs a powerful punch. The handling is veryy smooth...better than I expected from a Jeep. The best part is that I have not had any major issues with the vehicle. A couple of downsides are gas mileage (about 14 MGP on average), and very little headroom. I'm 5'10" and the top of my head brushes the ceiling when I sit straight up."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"This is an exceptional auto. My wife and I went back and forth with this, an Xterra, and a 4-Runner. We got this for a much better price and we like the ride and looks more. The ONLY negative to this is obviously the MPG (that is why I marked down performance). We average 14.8-15.2. We do, however only drive in the city (limited highway driving). And there is a stop light every ten feet in our town. There is more than ample room for us and we let our 87lb Lab ride in the cargo area. She loves all the room. If you are looking for a midsize SUV, please try the new Grand Cherokee. I beg my wife to let me drive it...no luck so far."

3rd one I've had, won't be the last!

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cons: "No auxiliary adapter, that's all."

"This is the 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee I've owned and I can honestly say it won't be the last. I don't have to worry about it breaking down on me, it drives great, has all the bells and whistles, and is overall my most favorite I've owned. I'm a Jeep lover thru and thru and will continue to be!"

Gotta Love it

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy enough for my wife to drive"

Cons: "fuel... But I knew that buying it!"

"Great car, tows anything and I can't even tell it is there. I've driven it all across the country and has been very reliable."

Diesel are the Best

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

"I think KBB, dropped the ball on the value. The truck is great, the diesel engine is good. Replaced the transmission at 82,000 miles. The parts are expensive, but when the SUV is running properly, she runs. Great MPG 24+ on the road. I would prefer more sitting space, Jeep forgot the lesson on feeling cramped."

love my jeep

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "great to drive goes anywhere"

Cons: "to many sensors but i guess thats what you get wit"

"love my jeep its great it goes anywhere i want it to i just wish it towed more and that all the electrical in the car didnt go haywire when you have a problem with the rear door lacth sensor but over all its a GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Never left me on the side of the road!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Safe and tough"

Cons: "gas milage isn't great"

"I have loved our Jeep Grand Cherokee, as never has it left us on the side of the road. I have well over 200,000 miles and feel torn trading the car in. I am a single Mom with four busy kids and this car is like part of the family! This car was my pick because if I am in an accident, it will keep my family safe. I don't want my kids in a tin can!"

wish I had better luck with my jeeps

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "great in snow, nice interior features"

Cons: "in the shop to frequently"

"this is my second jeep cherokee. I had troubles with my first (2004), gave it a second chance because of how good it was in the snow. No better. Bought with 13,000 miles, in shop after 2nd week, drivers window control broke. Has broke 3 times since, front passenger window control twice, leak in the sunroof, radio controls on steerwheel broke, alternator, rear headrest 5 times (everytime you put back seat down and raise seat up again the headrest stays in down position)it has been a struggle to straighten out problem. these problems all occurred before 65,000 miles. Thankfully after troubles with my first jeep I bought extended warranty. all covered except for 100 dollar deductible I had to pay each repair! So I would let the repairs build up so I would pay 100 bucks to repair 2 or 3 things at once. Honestly I wish I had not had trouble with both of my jeeps. I love how they handle day to day, I love the look, their handling in the snow. I like the fact that this is an SUV that doesn't make you feel like you should have to load it up with 3 kids and a husband. Just the right size. Unfortunately my jeep has nickled and dimed me right out of getting another one. I dont want to have to feel as though I have to rely on an overpriced warranty to drive a pretty car."

My Second Amazing Jeep

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle. Couldn't ask for more in a car."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"After driving two Jeeps--over a 13 year period--I have become extremely loyal to the brand. When buying a new vehicle, I will shop Jeep--and only Jeep. I find my Jeeps to be reliable, distinct, excellent driving control in most weather conditions--nothing offers control on ice, for example."

Awesome Truck

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Runs great and looks sporty...cute!!"

Cons: "Not enough room to put cell phone, etc."

"This truck is everything I could ever wish for. Leather, television, black...its simply awesome. It runs like a horse. Can't wait to drive it in the snow. It truly represents."

2002 V8- great vehicle

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, fault free, good utility vehic"

Cons: "Carrying space in rear is limited."

"I bought my Jeep new in 2002. It has been a strong, reliable vehicle. At 155k miles, it still neither uses nor leaks oil. Very strong drive train. Interior and exterior have held up. Only repairs are tires, brakes, hoses, battery. Gets 16 mpg, pretty good for an 8 cyl vehicle. Very powerful, great pickup. Will buy another new one soon."

In spite of its leaks, still going strong

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room to haul things."

Cons: "Seat Material stains easily, looks awful."

"2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, bought used in 2006 with 25K miles on it. There were three leaks when I bought it, got one fixed, two remain in the engine. Related to ATF fluid leaking. Never gotten this fixed, just replace the fluid every 3-4 weeks. The seats are badly stained, the rear middle seat belt is stuck really tight. Other than that, my jeep is starting to wind down I believe, I have just recently started losing or burning oil to where it is empty, not consistently, but this is the second time its happened in three months. I haven't had this checked yet. I drive 100 mi roundtrip, 5 days a week."

love my jeeps!

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"the '07 is the 4th grand cherokee i've owned, and by far my favorite. Had it going on five years, never kept a car that long before. Love jeep styling, on and off road capability, fastastic in the snow, comfortable ride, but most of all, feel very safe in a jeep! Built tough and sturdy! Unfortunatly was recently rear ended at highway speeds and I don't even want to think what may have happened, had I not been in my tough built grand cherokee. Will soon be the owner of a 2012 grand cherokee! absolutely nothing compares to a jeep!"

I absolutely love my Jeep

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable, fun to drive."

Cons: "A little overpriced if buying new-shop around"

"I love my Jeep. It has been extremely reliable, comfortable and just an overall great car to drive. I am looking to upgrade to the 2012 SRT8!! Can't wait until they are out."

Good quality vehicle

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "comfortable ride, spacious"

Cons: "no built in mp3 player"

"My experience with my Grand Cherokee has been a great one. I have had no problems out of it in the time of ownership. Even now at 101,397 miles it still runs great. It has PL,PW,PS,PM, AM/FM,CD audio aux input, cruise, alloy wheels, full roof rack, and traction control."

09 OVERLAND..OVER THE TOP

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Best mid size suv 4x4 period. Hemi 357hp, all the tech gadgets out there. Voice Nav/phone, free sirius radio, zenon HID self leveling, camera, remote start...I could go on for ever. This complaining I keep hearing about vibrations while driving. I don't feel a thing. My Overlander is so smooth and quiet. No vibrations and to me even more import no rattles. I hate cars that rattle over the slightest road imperfections. I think for 09 they got it right. Was going to wait for new 2011 model with the cool Quadra Lift feature. But with ep pricing, rebates, auto show cash. I saved over 10k and got the zero percent financing. Could not pass up this deal. Lastly I am a 3 time jeep owner and have nothing but praise."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Great all around daily driver. Downside is that it depreciates faster than any vehicle I have ever owned.Brakes are very shakey and vibrate.Seems to be a product defect.I have owned 5 Grand Cherokees and they all have had the "brake vibration".Upside oodles of power, great styling, lots of options, and fun to drive. Also an excellent four wheel drive system that is unstoppable off road and in any terrain. Also, stay away from "extended service contracts" dealer will always find a way to squirm out of repairs.Contracts are also very expensive and just not worth the money in the long run(personal experience)."

Problem maker

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I own a 2008 Grand Cherokee and so far its not going well. My roof rack broke, my My/gig back up camera doesn't work, the lights are going crazy in the interior and now its taking them two weeks to fix all of these errors. I bought the jeep because of its good price, looks, and "quality" but i guess i was wrong"

LOVE

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"I leased The 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in March, after my 2006 Jeep Commander Limited Lease was up...I thought long and hard about keeping the Commander since it only had 10.000 miles on it but I am so pleased with the 2008 Grand Cherokee ....I am thinking the MYGIG Navigation system is the most enjoyable feature The old Navigation in the Commander was a pain to use ....and you MUST get the Chrome wheels ..I enjoyed the 2005 Grand Cherokee but you just get sooo much more with the 2008 ..like keyless start for those hot or cold days ...and now heated 2nd row seats...SWEET! I was always an Acura guy but with this my 3rd Jeep I guess I am a Jeep guy now ....I think if your in the market for a SUV you NEED to look at the Grand Cherokee Limited !!!"

Great Learning Experience

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"I traded off my 04 Hyundai Accent for this Jeep in October '05. Loved the Jeep for a while until gas prices went up and the performance stayed below of what the sticker had promised, which still bothers me (Complained to the salesman, who said that it would get better after the break-in period) I think that if I had been informed accurately that the car would give me 14MPG (This is the V6!!!) city/17MPG Hwy., I would've purchased my other option, a GTI from the same year. All in all, the styling is great, the car is dependable, comfortable and a great design... other than the monthly payment and regular maintenance, after 37,000 miles everything has been sound (knock on wood). I have the Laredo V6 2WD, no options. The plastic on the inside feels a little cheap, and it has a couple of blind spots on the side pillars, gotta be careful about those. If they could come up with this same Jeep with better mileage (at least 18MPG on the city), I would say it's the perfect Jeep. I would recommend it only for those who have been warned about this. Oh, get the 4x4, too. It has so much torque that sometimes when you make a sharp turn while accelerating it can get a little bit slippery even on dry asphalt."

2007 Jeep is awesome!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Previously owned a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Ordered the 2007 without even a test drive. The 2007 performance and handling is far better with the quadra trac II system! Makes it in and out of the driveway in deep snow with no problem. Handles great on the highway in a blizzard or in icy conditions. The wider base feels much better taking turns and the comfort is outstanding. Love the sound and performance of the 4.7 V-8. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for anything!"

I love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I have a 2005 Jeep cherokee laredo 4x4 3.7L which i bought in march 2006. I have to say I love it! I can't complain, no lights have come on, haven't been stranded, except for a flat tire, it drives beautiful, it has 50,000 miles, which majority is all highway. I have to admit, i hate the cloth seats due to the stains it leaves, a drop of water is all it takes. I get about 17-18 mpg highway and 15-16 in town. Its great though, i feel like a queen in the snow, don't have to shovel the driveway to get out ever!!! It works for me and the kids!"

Owned two grand cherokees

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"My 2001 cherokee had problems with dying as I was coming to a stop, had to replace the heat/air system, some other engine problems, plus the depreciation value was considerably faster than my payments. My 2005 has quite a few problems with getting into reverse, switching gears (although its automatic), stalling, a clunking noise when going from park to drive, it hestiates a lot when fully excellerating, rear window wiper never worked, the air ducks whistle loudly when driving 75MPH or more."

last jeep I'll ever buy

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"I have owned 5 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokees. This is by far Jeeps worst effort. I now have neck problems due to not being able to see out the back well enough. The first few months I was hitting my head all the time getting in the vehicle. I'm only 5'2". The transmission has given me problems since 2 months after I bought it. The driver's window does not work properly, the vents only work on high, AC never gets cold enough. Seats stain easily by water alone. Loved all my other Jeeps, do not like this Jeep at all. Not sure I'll buy any kind of a Chrysler product again because of transmission problems of several different Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products. This can't be coincidental. Any body want to buy my Jeep??"

not such a good value

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"I have had my Jeep in the shop a total of 5 times since purchasing a year and a half ago. Way too many times for a brand new vehicle with only 16000 miles on it. It has leaked water into the interior of the vehicle, one of the window motors had to be replaced, there was a recall on the braking system, and my transmission was acting up and all of my filters had to be replaced. It seems as if it has been one thing after the other with this vehicle. I definitely would not recommend to anyone!"