2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1668 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

By on Friday, January 9, 2015

Pros: "reliable , fun to drive"

Cons: "would be nice if had a sun roof lol"

"i love this car gets great MPG very smooth ride and other then regular maintains have nothing go wrong and i drive it up and down California."

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Reliability, Reliability!"

Cons: "That I can't replace it with another brand new!"

"I purchased this car new in 2002 (V-8). It has easily been the most reliable car I have ever owned, with the only repairs ever having been made in the past 12 years that I have owned it being the front driver and passenger window regulators. They must have been made cheaply or faulty, but the replacement ones have been working fine for years now. Literally, other than regular maintenance items like brakes, tires and 1 battery, this car has not needed any other repairs. I owned a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country before this one, and that was a great car also. I had been a little hesitant about purchasing the 2002 as I had heard Grand Cherokee reliability can be a little sketchy, but when I took it for a test drive I felt it was a great car. I had only owned it for 2 weeks and went to see my hairdresser, and he stated that he had purchased one as well, but that it had all kinds of problems with it, and he returned it and exchanged it for another one, and it was a lemon also. When I asked him what kind of problems, he stated "everything". I was a little worried that mine would be like that too, but mine has been the most awesome car! I normally wouldn't keep a car for over 12 years, but I've loved this car so much I haven't wanted to part with it. I've been thinking about getting a new car, and would like to purchase the 2014 Grand Cherokee, but the reviews I have been reading are not very good."

I love my Jeep! Goes anywhere/everywhere

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "great highway power to pass"

Cons: "sound system not so hot-no bluetooth"

"My husband and I have owned Jeep Grand Cherokees since 1985, about the time they were introduced. I'm a skier now living on the California Central Coast so driving 7 hours to ski is not uncommon. I ALWAYS feel safe and comfortable in my Jeep, no matter what the road conditions. Our current Jeep, 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 liter V8 FWD with nearly 125K miles,has not given us a moment's trouble other than typical wear and tear. It is reliable, hardworking and good looking. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Love My Jeep Grand Cherokee - Not my Fathers jeep!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable & Made in America!!"

Cons: "Should have bought one years ago..."

"Sold My 2001 Caddy for a Jeep, as my Daughter has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, (286k miles)- which I love to drive, but when I drove the Jeep Grand Cherokee its like driving a Caddy on a mountain - rides so... smooth for an suv - Great Bullet Proof - strong inline 6Cyl. 4.0 liter Engine - now I know why there's so many of these vehicles on the road..!"

Love this car.

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Great handlling on snow and ice."

Cons: "Poor local driving mileage."

"My car is comfortable, easy to drive, makes me feel safe, has had few problems during its 13 years and 105000 miles, and is unbeatable on snow and ice. Local driving mileage has never been as advertised, probably because my Grand Cherokee has a straight 6 instead of a V6 motor. Highway mileage exceeds what is advertised. Hoping to keep driving it for many more years."

Runs good, handles great, east to work on and the

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cons: "tail light assembly"

"I really love this SUV I got it back in 2006 and it still drives great. I bought the Jeep after flipping my explorer. The Jeeps maneuverability was really surprising. Especially at higher rate of speed. Love the fact that is so easy to work on, such as changing the oil and spark-plugs. I hate the tail light assembly in this model I have to fix the tail lights all the time either the left or right break lights or turn signal lights are always vibrating loose, not blowing bulbs just coming disconnected. I see many jeeps in my town that have broken tail lights , hate the tail lights… over all the jeep runs GREAT, Handles “like a champ” 4X4 runs smooth, and the 4 wheel low can pool or get out of just about anything …."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, March 7, 2009

"4.7 is Powerful and reliable The quadratrac II is fantastic On-road handling is loser than the 92-98 Grand Cherokees but still better than the competition Terrific vehicle overall... perhaps that is why we own two"

Maintenance Nightmare

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I own an 02 Jeep Grand Limited Overland and I have had one extremely expensive maintenance problem after another. Two transmission replacement before 30K miles, heater went out, roter issues, coolant leak in heater coil, etc. - all before 90K miles. I love the performance and look of my Jeep. I just wish it wasn't so expensive to maintain. It's only saving grace is it is paid for."

Can't beat it!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"Love this Jeep! Bought it brand new in 2003 and just gave it to my 17 year old daughter for her birthday last year. Has 127K and still runs great. Minor repairs after it hit 100K but still worth it. Great for the snow and ice and crummy roads of NJ!"

been super reliable 4.0 never die

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

"got with 5k in 04 just normal maint.10years never let us down hwy. hwy millage is good city not so much 21-15 had out west got 20mpg at 90 but don't tell any one at 130k the 4.0 still feels new fixed common front brake proplem with slotted-drilled rotors and premium pads been 50k still going if you get standard ac heat no dash proplems"

I absolutely love this car!!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive!!"

"It is very comfortable to drive or ride in. It is very comfortable to drive. It has been very good to me. It is excellent in the snow and in summer time."

good vehicle when it keeps running

By on Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pros: "four wheel drive works well"

Cons: "shutting off while driveing after you reach 150,00"

"the jeep grand cherokee looks nice and drives nice. the four weel drive and all wheel drive model i have seat you can haul up to five or six people. that includes two in the front. the rear seats fold down an give you plenty of room for light hauling. the problem i have with mine is when the milage reached 160, 0000 it started shuting itself off while i was driveing down the road. there was not gas pedeal and all my gages went to zero. if you let it set for about ten minutes it will restart. I looked on the jeep forum and replaced evething and it still does it... it also says on the jeep forum this is a common problem and a hard to find fix....so as far as long term relaibility i rate this vehicle with a zero. I als found out that this is going on with all years from 1997 to the years 2003 and chrysler is aware of it. i do not recoomend anyone buying one of these vehicles."

In love with a vehicle?

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Safe, fun, beautiful, great extras, mileage decent"

Cons: "Cars don't last forever or I'd keep it."

"We bought this Jeep brand new and I've had it for 10 years. We are at the point that we have to decide if we want a new car. I am so in love with this vehicle it will be hard to let it go. We live in harsh winter conditions and I have never been scared on the roads...the handling is amazing. I feel like its a luxury vehicle even at 10 years old. This would be a perfect first car for a teen, so safe, cool and sized right for parking!"

I got 227,000 miles out of my Jeep!!!!!

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "comfortable stylish reliable"

Cons: "cant complain at all"

"I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited AWD V8 bought in 2004 with 36K miles. Just FINALLY quit on me with 227,000 miles. The only engine type of repairs I had to do in my 9 years of ownership was replace the battery a few times and replace the radiator once! I highly recommend the Grand Cherokee!!! I definitely got my money's worth!!!"

Awesome! My third Grand C herokee

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "awesome onor offroad, great in snow (lived at a s"

Cons: "gas mileage 11-13 mpg"

"Very little problems. AS most all Grand Cherokees-the driver side window quit working $225 to repair. Replaced power steering pump, and moon roof motor."

best of all

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "love the 4x4"

"out of all the cars i owned this is the best..as this is my second jeep with 218k miles on it but still runs like a champ."

Best Vehicle ever, i hate to put her down

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

I want this car

"when i think of getting another vehicle other than my jeep it makes me sad, she is my family, like a loyal friend, always dependable and always there for me. i have thouroghly enjoyed my jeep"

Jeep <3

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, great quality...its amazing"

Senior picture! Thats how much I love this Jeep. My older brother did the same thing when he graduated!

"My dad bought our 2002 Jeep used in 2003. We usually only keep vehicles for a few years (4-5 MAX). We still own our Jeep and its the favorite vehicle in the family even our dog loves it! From the day we bought it I wanted it when I was old enough. My dad gave it to me when I turned 16. It only had 65,000 miles and it was and still is in immaculate shape. All of my friends were jealous of my car! I'm 18 and I would cry if I had to get rid of this Jeep. I will own it until it literally dies. And when it does I will buy another Jeep. I love this car so much that I took my senior pictures with it and so did my older brother who is now a proud owner of a Jeep Wrangler! We are a Jeep loving family and always will we. Believe me you will not regret buying a Jeep. We have only had 1 problem with ours and it didn't cost us a thing because it was under warranty. Our entire family absolutely LOVES Jeep. I couldn't imagine owning a different vehicle."

Great to drive, but repairs will add up.

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

"I have owned this vehicle for nearly 10 years now, and I have enjoyed most of those 10 years. This is a great ride for long trips, but it will eat up fuel if you do mostly city driving. It is very rugged, and is great for off-road driving, and will haul nearly anything that a modest landscaper would need. I do find that there are problems with Jeep air mixers- they have a history of breaking down, leaving the driver and passengers in the cold, and the cost to replace this simple part is high. Would I buy another one? Perhaps. But only if the fuel consumption was a little more reasonable."

First SUV

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and holds value well."

Cons: "OK gas mileage in town"

"I have driven other SUV's, but this one beats them all. The handling in the snow and rain is fantastic. Comfort in this model is a premium. Plenty of room for cargo with fold down seats and luggage rack on top. Dash lighting and display are clear with large easy to read numbers and symbols. Would recommend this SUV to anyone with a family. Versatility of a van with off road capabilities. I actually pull between 22 and 25mpg on highway."

Favorite!!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"This is my first car and i absolutely love. we have been through tough times but it always comes through and is very reliable. Everyone should get the chance to drive one because anyone will instantly fall in love with this vehicle."

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"As far as "soccer mom" cars go, I am in heaven! I can fit all of my stuff and 4 kids to carpool! We take this thing on trips and are never uncomforatble! Small to mid size families this car is made for you! I will buy another one when I've driven the wheels off of this one!"

Dependable!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Takes a lickin'"

"I've had this vehicle since it was brand new and I'm just as impressed as I was since the first day almost 13 years ago. Sturdy"

nice

By on Sunday, January 4, 2009

"i have owned my 99 since 02 & love it! A few wear & tear items have gone out but nothing major....mpg isnt the greatest but i will say i am a little tuff on my jeep! 264,000 on the 4.0 6cyl & going strong!"

Love my Jeep!

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee Lorado just over a year ago at 62K milles. It is the vehicle I've always wanted. It is a great rig, very comfortable. I've had to change a sensor in the transmission and have squeaky brakes that didn't resolve after replacing the pads. Other wise the rig has been completely trouble free. If it wasn't for gas prices I would definately buy another one."