2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1669 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Love My Jeep!

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

"Capable off road, comfortable, and dependable. The one down side is the fuel efficiency."

99 Grand Cherokee

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"Bought my 99 GC Limited in 05, love the truck! I do all the work on it and I have replaced a speed sensor on the trans and seals on the rear differential and transfer case. Also drivers blend door actuator is acting up now. Have done all 4 brake pads, normal wear. Hood actuators would not hold hood open, $30 at AutoZone, 15 minutes to replace. Oh ya, also oil pressure sensor was leaking, $50 and 15 minutes to replace. I don`t know what was done previously to it but it has a beautiful ride, better than some cars. Can`t understand some peoples complaint on the ride unless they have too stiff of a shock on theirs. Love the heated seats, infinity sound system is great, sunroof and of course the remote stater, live in Northwest IN and it gets COLD here. If you don`t work on your vehicles it`s going to cost some big bucks to keep it on the road, but I love mine! 4.7 liter is unbelievably fast, plenty of power when you need it. If you have a `99, watch for the leaks and get them fixed before you blow the diffs or transfer case."

Great. Value / met all our needs for over 10 years

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cons: "Low EPA mileage but the power when towing good"

"Easy to tow four wheels down/ good power when towing large boat. Goes well through snow and mud. Fun to drive. Good visibility, white analog gauges attractive, easy to read in all conditions. Grab bars make it easy for all to enter car."

My 1st Vehicle "Lauretta" and she is GREAT!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Style, comfort, interior, off-road, its a Jeep"

Cons: "Gas is eh, but what do you expect?"

After some muddy back roads

"I am the 2nd owner. I Got her in March of 2012 with 163,000 miles exactly. Running a 4.0 L. Inline 6 the miles don't mean a thing since she's running off the best motor jeep ever built! The interior was and still is spotless and the outside only had a small dent on the back hatch about the size of a silver dollar. Sure friends have cars that seem more "sporty" or "cool" but I'm the one laughing at them when they get STUCK in the snow and ice of Northern Indiana winters. And don't forget about being able to seat 5 comfortably! I have put new BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires on and it gives this "soccer mom jeep" a much more aggressive JEEP look and they are the best tires you can get with this truck with out getting a lift kit. I must admit I have had to replace pretty much EVERYTHING underneath except for the actual wheels due to the age of this vehicle, but its now the only Jeep i know that rides like a Cadillac! I have stretched out her legs a bit over the years I've had her, including 2 trips to Chicago, and one trip to Sandusky Ohio, some mudding, brutal winter of 2014. This jeep has made it through the same mud holes a 4 inch lifted wrangler no problem! Sure the water was over part of the hood but no worries! Some people say Wranglers are the only true Jeeps which are the TRUE Jeeps, but don't count this WJ out! This WJ is overall a great vehicle! She will get you there while also keeping your butt nice n' toasty!"

After some muddy back roads

Excellent SUV, handles very well, decent mpg

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and practical, rear cover,full size spare"

Cons: "Some peeling on aluminum wheels"

"Jeep has been detailed biweekly for years, garage kept for last 2 plus. All miles are long distance driving, not around town. All oil chgs since 100,000 miles have been fill synthetic. Engine is clean. Paint and interior in very good shape. Mileage decent driving long distance. All maintenance has been kept up to date. Jeep will need new tires soon after purchase; tread 4/6. Selling because decided to purchase a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee."

2002 jeep limited

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "very solid , good driving, powerful"

Cons: "stereo tinny"

"I bought this suv new in 2001. I have had to replace all four window regulators and the tweeters in the dash.I replaced the headlight assembly for cosmetic reasons. No other failures of any kind.It runs and drives as good as when new. Resale value is not good but with a trade-in value of $3500 I will drive it a few more years. I get 20 mpg on highway."

Love this Jeep

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and like a tank in bad weather!"

Cons: "None other than SUV gas mileage"

"Purchased new and the only unscheduled maintence was a crank sensor going bad for $225.00. Smooth ride, quiet cabin, solid reliable engine that will literally plow through any weather conditions. I have had no major repairs as I kept up with all the maintence. Would highly recommend this vehicle as a good used SUV as long as it has not been abused. Gas mileage is not great but very reliable vehicle."

Never owned a jeep before...

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reason: bought a new jeep

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Had several problems with the heater."

"this was my first jeep and I had it from 5,000 to 130,000. I loved it! It was quick and fun to drive. The size was perfect for hauling of looking nice. Very versitile. I only sold it because I bought a new one."

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Hold value, looks good"

Cons: "City fuel mileage horrible."

Sporty and Looks Good

"Have had the truck for a few years. Trying to sell it ONLY because I drive a ton of city miles and it is KILLING me in fuel. Other than that I love this truck. Cleans up good. Love the 4WD it goes anywhere!"

Sporty and Looks Good

It's a Jeep Thing.

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I bought my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 8 years ago with 65,000 miles...... 211,643 miles later and it is still running and looking as good as the day I bought it! I haven't had any major problems: the power window motor had to be replaced, and the suspension is a little stiffer than it used to be, but after 200,000+ miles through all kinds of terrain and cross country trips, worse could be expected. I've driven my Jeep on backroads and interstates alike from Maryland to Montana and still drive with confidence even with such high mileage. Great in the snow, mud and rocks, it still looks sharp! Only minor dents and dings that would be expected of an older vehicle. Interior still looks almost new. Get a Jeep and you won't regret it. There's a reason Jeep has such a great following and high reputation."