2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1640 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Keeping it for the long run

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Safe, Power, looks good, dependable"

"I've now owned this jeep for 3 years and have put roughly 60k miles on it. At 110k miles on it i have yet to have an issue. Simple parts have had to be replaced such as oil, u-joints, and belts and hoses but i consider that all standard maintenance. Other then that the jeep is a boss in the michigan weather and one of the most comfortable rides i've ever had the chance to experience. Lastly it has the 4.7l V8 and after driving the 4l inline 6 there is no way i'd ever go back to not having the v8. It has a lot more power to get up and go when needed and gas mileage from my understanding is slightly better then the i6. If your looking to get a used car or get a safe car for a future driver, this suv should really be considered."

With 270000 miles and still going strong.

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"The in-line 6cyl is bullet proof if you just take care of it. I have owned this car for 10 years and I have changed the brakes, rotors, shocks, left and right front axle (4wd), radiator, water pump and thermostat. I pulled the children when they were little in the snow, hauled everything from horse feed to landscape mulch. Obviously, this vehicle has been very good for me."

got my moneys worth

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cons: "ate tires and brakes up"

"I bought this jeep brand new. besides it chewing up tires and brakes I had awesome luck with it. Looking for another one now. That jeep kept me save and my kids. I can't believe I put that many miles on it(17 miles on it when I purchased it) and it would still be still going had it not been totaled. But no one got hurt and thats all that matters"

best vehicle i ever bought

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "looks great, roomy, comfortable, drives amazing"

Cons: "could get a lil better gas"

"I jus recently was vehicle shopping and i wanted a 4x4 truck but hten saw this jeep and instantly fell in love with it. i bought it used right then...i had 3 mechanics go thru the vehicle and they couldnt find anything wrong with it. it is the most comfortable vehicle and drives wonderful... never been happier with a vehicle. i will definitely buy another."

Most Comfortable Vehicle I've Owned (:

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reason: Got a new car, had no space for this one :(

Pros: "Most comfortable vehicle, fun-to-drive (:"

Cons: "None (:"

"This had to be the most comfortable vehicle I'd ever own. The vehicle was comfortable to ride in, and had all the goodies (: I wish I wouldnt've sold this Jeep :("

Love My Jeep!

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

"Capable off road, comfortable, and dependable. The one down side is the fuel efficiency."

Great all around urban warrior.

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "great drive, reliable,"

Cons: "just some little stuff, still a great vehicle."

"I bought this vehicle used to replace my 95 F150 for something that could tow light duty, seat more people and haul around my military and camping gear. I have traveled all over with it and it has given me little to no trouble at all and I always receive compliments on it. My leather interior is still holding up great with no tears or wear spots in it. The 4x4 in this Jeep (slect Trac) is really great and this is coming from a serious off road guy that builds all sorts of vehicles. MD has a series of back to back waves of snow and I was driving around picking up my soldiers, friends and family as well as pulling people out along the way with my normal highway tires. Off road it is not a rock crawler but it will hold its own and I have been on many trips with it loaded down with gear, kayaks on the roof and here we are just blazing up trails like it was a driveway. So I bought this Jeep on Valentine's day 2006 with 70K miles now it has about 240K or more on it and this is 6 years later. I replaced much of the steering system but it was not needed except for my own maintenance and to ensure my lift kit was safe. I did upgrade the brakes to the later style which have improved braking and reduced maint. I love the 4.0l which at times (towing) can be under powered but its bullet proof and I would drive today to Alaska and back from MD in with with no worries at all. The rear suspension bushings take a beating with the lift but its worth it. I came on here to see the current value of the jeep because while I am currently deployed my GF was rear ended in it and it only messed up the rear hatch and plastic bumper. She loves the thing and we will replace the hatch and drive it until some real damage is done to it. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Oh some other minor issues, lock actuators go out after a few years and make a noise but other wise its maint free."

Best Jeep ever!

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, responsive steering and hugs the road."

Cons: "Don't have any"

"I bought this car new and have enjoyed every mile of it. Low maintenance, a joy and comfort to drive and be a passenger in, excellent visibility, good looking for an older model and still got plenty of pep. I could not love this car more if I'd given birth to it!!!"

99 Grand Cherokee

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"Bought my 99 GC Limited in 05, love the truck! I do all the work on it and I have replaced a speed sensor on the trans and seals on the rear differential and transfer case. Also drivers blend door actuator is acting up now. Have done all 4 brake pads, normal wear. Hood actuators would not hold hood open, $30 at AutoZone, 15 minutes to replace. Oh ya, also oil pressure sensor was leaking, $50 and 15 minutes to replace. I don`t know what was done previously to it but it has a beautiful ride, better than some cars. Can`t understand some peoples complaint on the ride unless they have too stiff of a shock on theirs. Love the heated seats, infinity sound system is great, sunroof and of course the remote stater, live in Northwest IN and it gets COLD here. If you don`t work on your vehicles it`s going to cost some big bucks to keep it on the road, but I love mine! 4.7 liter is unbelievably fast, plenty of power when you need it. If you have a `99, watch for the leaks and get them fixed before you blow the diffs or transfer case."

Excellent SUV, handles very well, decent mpg

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and practical, rear cover,full size spare"

Cons: "Some peeling on aluminum wheels"

"Jeep has been detailed biweekly for years, garage kept for last 2 plus. All miles are long distance driving, not around town. All oil chgs since 100,000 miles have been fill synthetic. Engine is clean. Paint and interior in very good shape. Mileage decent driving long distance. All maintenance has been kept up to date. Jeep will need new tires soon after purchase; tread 4/6. Selling because decided to purchase a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee."