2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1640 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Third Jeep Cherokee, Going for my Fourth

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"I have owned my '99 Grand Jeep Cherokee for years and have 270200 miles to date. These are mountain and highway miles. This is a great vehicle, just maintain properly. Every Jeep Cherokee I have owned I place up to 200000 miles. This current V-8 has surpassed my expectations. I have personally put about 225000 of these miles on my 99. I am searching for my next Jeep :) Common problem with the Jeep Cherokee that I have had are: heating elements go out, front drive shafts (get it from a junk yard), alternator, power window motors and the caps that cover the tail light bulbs on the interior of case appear to burn / scorch at contacts. A few dollars for each cap to replace."

Solid and Reliable

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Great Interior, Comfortable Ride"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee since new, and it is a great vehicle. Anyone who knows cars will tell you this 4.0L engine is "bullet-proof" and will run forever. I have had no major issues with it, just a few minor repairs and maintenance in the last 13 years!"

Its a great car

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Go anywhere with it"

Cons: "Chrysler needs to adress the common ticking noise"

"Love this car I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun car to drive. Only bad thing is the gas milage but if your looking at SUV's then youknow that they are not the best."

99 GC Limited

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Relieabilty, Fun To Drive, Sound System,"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Factory Breaks"

"I got this car brand new and put 235000 miles on it between 1999 and 2010. It now has 265000 and is still running strong! This car dose not get driven on a daily bases because I am saving it for my son but me and my wife drive it once and a wile. When I first got it every 10000 Miles the breaks would go. But when I got them replaced at a different place other than the Jeep dealer I had no more problems. Around 90000 the first big problem was the cooling system for the car. Then at 120000 the AC went and thats about it until A cupel of months ago where it had been sitting for a long time and I had to replace some sensors to get it to start. The build quality inside is evan good by todays standards with a soft dashboard and probably the most soft comfy leather that I have ever sat in. The V6 engine is not that powerful but sounds good and if you really put your foot down it will go. It handles better that you would expect A tall SUV with a smooth ride to and its overall really fun to drive. The sound system is great with the right amount of bass and tremble. It has SIMPLE controls that everyone understands."

I've owned 20 cars and this one was the best.

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "dependable, powerful (4.7 H.O) comfort."

Cons: "Mileage 15/19"

"Comfortable, fast, dependable. Never left me stranded 180,000 miles. I hated to have to sell it but wife loves the new Jeeps."

Worth The Money

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Cons: "multi-cd player gets cranky."

"This is my 3rd Grand Jeep. Currently 300000 miles and still going. Maintain these vehicles and you can not go wrong. Have had this Jeep for 12 years, drive daily, mountains / highway, etc. Major replacement at 275000+/-, transfer case (refurbished), less than $1000 total. CV Joints twice replaced."

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Fancy"

Cons: "Bad gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Jeep this year. It was a little beat up, but not that bad for a twelve year old car. It runs like a champ and its got more buttons and switches than my T. V. remote. I feel like I'm riding on a cloud when I take it anywhere. The leather has a few rips, but it's twelve years old. The engine has a lot of miles on it, but I can tell it has many more to go. This car is like my baby, and I'll probably keep it until its last mile."

Good Overall Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I bought my jeep used in 2002 and continue to run it to this day almost 6 years laters. This car has been a great all around car. It goes great in the winter and not so big that you have problems getting around town. I have had a few repairs done including a new rear axle and most recently a new compressor for the AC. I average around $2000 a year in repairs. Parts for repairs usually run a little more than most cars but seem to last after they are replaced. I would buy again and would suggest to a friend with no hesistation. One suggestion to anyone looking at a jeep use carbon ceramic brake pads to cut down on brake dust."

Reliable durables

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Power yes fun to drive"

Cons: "The infinity gold sound system, was never good."

"Bought new in 2000, 14 years later I've replaced the brakes, oh and the tires, lol I change the oil every 3500 and the other fluids as recommended. At this point, the best vehicle I've very owned. I'm 45 years old, I've owned a few."

Great performance on hauling and long trips

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great for hauling, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Guzzles gas, the cup holders suck"

"My vehicle is now ten years old, with 151,000 miles on it and still purrs like a kitten. In the time that time that I have had it, I have taken it across country four times (most recent cross country trip was three months ago), hauled furniture on the top rack, hauled furniture on the interior of the vehicle, and hauled a 5x8 trailer filled to maximum capacity. I have also taken it off road through water, mud, snow, and other elements. The Jeep has GREAT performance off road and although proper tires help, even if you just have street tires the 4WD will get you out of almost any tough situation. I have only had a few minor problems, which have all been fairly easy and inexpensive to fix. More recently I have now investing a little more money into it to fix problems, but that comes from normal wear and tear due to it's age and mileage. As long as you keep the Jeep properly maintained it will last for a very long time. My only complaint is that it's a gas guzzler. If it were more fuel efficient I would've given it a 10."