2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1641 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Solid and Reliable

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Great Interior, Comfortable Ride"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee since new, and it is a great vehicle. Anyone who knows cars will tell you this 4.0L engine is "bullet-proof" and will run forever. I have had no major issues with it, just a few minor repairs and maintenance in the last 13 years!"

I've owned 20 cars and this one was the best.

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "dependable, powerful (4.7 H.O) comfort."

Cons: "Mileage 15/19"

"Comfortable, fast, dependable. Never left me stranded 180,000 miles. I hated to have to sell it but wife loves the new Jeeps."

Its a great car

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Go anywhere with it"

Cons: "Chrysler needs to adress the common ticking noise"

"Love this car I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun car to drive. Only bad thing is the gas milage but if your looking at SUV's then youknow that they are not the best."

99 GC Limited

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Relieabilty, Fun To Drive, Sound System,"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Factory Breaks"

"I got this car brand new and put 235000 miles on it between 1999 and 2010. It now has 265000 and is still running strong! This car dose not get driven on a daily bases because I am saving it for my son but me and my wife drive it once and a wile. When I first got it every 10000 Miles the breaks would go. But when I got them replaced at a different place other than the Jeep dealer I had no more problems. Around 90000 the first big problem was the cooling system for the car. Then at 120000 the AC went and thats about it until A cupel of months ago where it had been sitting for a long time and I had to replace some sensors to get it to start. The build quality inside is evan good by todays standards with a soft dashboard and probably the most soft comfy leather that I have ever sat in. The V6 engine is not that powerful but sounds good and if you really put your foot down it will go. It handles better that you would expect A tall SUV with a smooth ride to and its overall really fun to drive. The sound system is great with the right amount of bass and tremble. It has SIMPLE controls that everyone understands."

Keeping it for the long run

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Safe, Power, looks good, dependable"

"I've now owned this jeep for 3 years and have put roughly 60k miles on it. At 110k miles on it i have yet to have an issue. Simple parts have had to be replaced such as oil, u-joints, and belts and hoses but i consider that all standard maintenance. Other then that the jeep is a boss in the michigan weather and one of the most comfortable rides i've ever had the chance to experience. Lastly it has the 4.7l V8 and after driving the 4l inline 6 there is no way i'd ever go back to not having the v8. It has a lot more power to get up and go when needed and gas mileage from my understanding is slightly better then the i6. If your looking to get a used car or get a safe car for a future driver, this suv should really be considered."