2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1640 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

great when not in the shop

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Safe, nice to drive, quality leather"

Cons: "JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket"

"this jeep has had nearly every large and small issue [possible and I have purchased it twice due to mechanical, drivetrain,(new transmission and cam shaft at 35,000 miles) air conditioning, electrical , broken seat belt latches,lifters replaced, three radiators, etc. etc. Paid it off after a few years and a divorce so I kept repairing it over and over. Now the gas is leaking all over the engine and it will be another grand.I drivehas 100,227 miles since purchased in 2001 new. Love the vehicle when its ok. Drives nice, interior super comfy,etc, BUT I AM DONE !!!!!"

My 1st Vehicle "Lauretta" and she is GREAT!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Style, comfort, interior, off-road, its a Jeep"

Cons: "Gas is eh, but what do you expect?"

After some muddy back roads

"I am the 2nd owner. I Got her in March of 2012 with 163,000 miles exactly. Running a 4.0 L. Inline 6 the miles don't mean a thing since she's running off the best motor jeep ever built! The interior was and still is spotless and the outside only had a small dent on the back hatch about the size of a silver dollar. Sure friends have cars that seem more "sporty" or "cool" but I'm the one laughing at them when they get STUCK in the snow and ice of Northern Indiana winters. And don't forget about being able to seat 5 comfortably! I have put new BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires on and it gives this "soccer mom jeep" a much more aggressive JEEP look and they are the best tires you can get with this truck with out getting a lift kit. I must admit I have had to replace pretty much EVERYTHING underneath except for the actual wheels due to the age of this vehicle, but its now the only Jeep i know that rides like a Cadillac! I have stretched out her legs a bit over the years I've had her, including 2 trips to Chicago, and one trip to Sandusky Ohio, some mudding, brutal winter of 2014. This jeep has made it through the same mud holes a 4 inch lifted wrangler no problem! Sure the water was over part of the hood but no worries! Some people say Wranglers are the only true Jeeps which are the TRUE Jeeps, but don't count this WJ out! This WJ is overall a great vehicle! She will get you there while also keeping your butt nice n' toasty!"

After some muddy back roads

THE BEST SUV I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "f.UN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "CLOTH ENTERIER STAINED AND DOES NOT CLEAN UP EASY"

"I BOUGHT THIS SUV NEW. I LOVE MY JEEP. I WILL BE SELLING IT WHICH WILL BREAK MY HEART. BUT I AM BUYING ANOTHER JEEP LEATHER THIS TIME. THE HANDLING OF THIS JEEP IN THE SNOW AND RAIN IS UNBELIEVEABLE. I CAN ALWAYS GET OUT AND GO, 2 TRACKED IN IT IS GREAT VERY COMFORTIBLE RIDE. WE NEVER WORRIED ABOUT MAINTENCE BECAUSE THE ON BOARD COMPUTER ALWAYS LET US KNOW.I LIVE IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN LOTS OF SNOW. I HAVE A HARD TIME PUTTING INTO WORDS ALL THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY JEEP."

Great Jeep for the long run

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

"I have had this Jeep (not SUV) for 5 years and out side of the normal breaks, water pump, and tires this puff kitty Jeep has done everything I've asked of it. NoT a Rubicon but it will go where any std. Wrangler will go. This is my work vehical and has over 130k miles and still give me a great ride on a long trip. The 2k trade in isn't worth mentioning for this Jeep because I'll run it till the pistons wear out before I give it up. Hope this was helpful."

Sleep easy knowing i own a jeep

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "All Wheel Drive, Comfortable Seating, Reliable"

Cons: "Head lights fog easy"

"I have owned my jeep for 4 years now and put around 60000 miles on it. I have Driven it across the country twice and do frequent trips back and forth from seattle to Boise, extremely reliable with no problems. In 4 years i have only had to replace a rear door lock actuator, fairly simple, and a muffler due to rust. I take this rig off road as well, its near stock and handles perfectly! I have never owned a better rig for snow driving either, with all wheel drive and a 4.7L V8 i dont worry at all when my wife takes it out. I even used it to pull a Uhaul out of the mud! I recommend a grand cherokee to everyone who wants an suv that is reliable and powerful."

It's a Jeep Thing.

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I bought my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 8 years ago with 65,000 miles...... 211,643 miles later and it is still running and looking as good as the day I bought it! I haven't had any major problems: the power window motor had to be replaced, and the suspension is a little stiffer than it used to be, but after 200,000+ miles through all kinds of terrain and cross country trips, worse could be expected. I've driven my Jeep on backroads and interstates alike from Maryland to Montana and still drive with confidence even with such high mileage. Great in the snow, mud and rocks, it still looks sharp! Only minor dents and dings that would be expected of an older vehicle. Interior still looks almost new. Get a Jeep and you won't regret it. There's a reason Jeep has such a great following and high reputation."

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Got this suv when I was pregnant. very, very comfortable. drives well in the snow, and is great for traveling. Only gets 17 mpg on average, which can be a pain. There do seem to be a few minor problems: Service engine light is always on and beeps every time I turn the engine on. This started about a week after I bought the jeep. I had it looked at, and was told that the gas cap sensor was saying the gas cap was off. When you take car out of four wheel drive, It still seems to be stuck in it for a few days. It's noticeable when making sharp turns, especially in parking lots and driveways. Speakers don't have very good sound. The left front speaker sometimes goes out, maybe due to a minor wiring defect...? Other than that, I'm in love with this car, and after having it for over a year, I haven't had any major problems with it."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "reliable , fun to drive"

Cons: "would be nice if had a sun roof lol"

"i love this car gets great MPG very smooth ride and other then regular maintains have nothing go wrong and i drive it up and down California."

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Reliability, Reliability!"

Cons: "That I can't replace it with another brand new!"

"I purchased this car new in 2002 (V-8). It has easily been the most reliable car I have ever owned, with the only repairs ever having been made in the past 12 years that I have owned it being the front driver and passenger window regulators. They must have been made cheaply or faulty, but the replacement ones have been working fine for years now. Literally, other than regular maintenance items like brakes, tires and 1 battery, this car has not needed any other repairs. I owned a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country before this one, and that was a great car also. I had been a little hesitant about purchasing the 2002 as I had heard Grand Cherokee reliability can be a little sketchy, but when I took it for a test drive I felt it was a great car. I had only owned it for 2 weeks and went to see my hairdresser, and he stated that he had purchased one as well, but that it had all kinds of problems with it, and he returned it and exchanged it for another one, and it was a lemon also. When I asked him what kind of problems, he stated "everything". I was a little worried that mine would be like that too, but mine has been the most awesome car! I normally wouldn't keep a car for over 12 years, but I've loved this car so much I haven't wanted to part with it. I've been thinking about getting a new car, and would like to purchase the 2014 Grand Cherokee, but the reviews I have been reading are not very good."

My Third One

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, dependable, solid"

Cons: "not the best mileage"

"I run Grand Cherokees until they are up to 200,000 miles - then trade in for a newer one. I lived remote Montana and did not want to run it longer than that. Love them - would gladly look for my 4th in a row when this one hits 200,000 but I might be looking for better gas mileage then. But I do feel safe and comfortable in the Cherokee. Never let me down in the Montana winters, fun to drive backroads in the summers."

I love my Jeep! Goes anywhere/everywhere

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "great highway power to pass"

Cons: "sound system not so hot-no bluetooth"

"My husband and I have owned Jeep Grand Cherokees since 1985, about the time they were introduced. I'm a skier now living on the California Central Coast so driving 7 hours to ski is not uncommon. I ALWAYS feel safe and comfortable in my Jeep, no matter what the road conditions. Our current Jeep, 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 liter V8 FWD with nearly 125K miles,has not given us a moment's trouble other than typical wear and tear. It is reliable, hardworking and good looking. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Love My Jeep Grand Cherokee - Not my Fathers jeep!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable & Made in America!!"

Cons: "Should have bought one years ago..."

"Sold My 2001 Caddy for a Jeep, as my Daughter has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, (286k miles)- which I love to drive, but when I drove the Jeep Grand Cherokee its like driving a Caddy on a mountain - rides so... smooth for an suv - Great Bullet Proof - strong inline 6Cyl. 4.0 liter Engine - now I know why there's so many of these vehicles on the road..!"

Love this car.

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Great handlling on snow and ice."

Cons: "Poor local driving mileage."

"My car is comfortable, easy to drive, makes me feel safe, has had few problems during its 13 years and 105000 miles, and is unbeatable on snow and ice. Local driving mileage has never been as advertised, probably because my Grand Cherokee has a straight 6 instead of a V6 motor. Highway mileage exceeds what is advertised. Hoping to keep driving it for many more years."

Runs good, handles great, east to work on and the

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cons: "tail light assembly"

"I really love this SUV I got it back in 2006 and it still drives great. I bought the Jeep after flipping my explorer. The Jeeps maneuverability was really surprising. Especially at higher rate of speed. Love the fact that is so easy to work on, such as changing the oil and spark-plugs. I hate the tail light assembly in this model I have to fix the tail lights all the time either the left or right break lights or turn signal lights are always vibrating loose, not blowing bulbs just coming disconnected. I see many jeeps in my town that have broken tail lights , hate the tail lights… over all the jeep runs GREAT, Handles “like a champ” 4X4 runs smooth, and the 4 wheel low can pool or get out of just about anything …."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, March 07, 2009

"4.7 is Powerful and reliable The quadratrac II is fantastic On-road handling is loser than the 92-98 Grand Cherokees but still better than the competition Terrific vehicle overall... perhaps that is why we own two"

Maintenance Nightmare

By on Thursday, January 08, 2009

"I own an 02 Jeep Grand Limited Overland and I have had one extremely expensive maintenance problem after another. Two transmission replacement before 30K miles, heater went out, roter issues, coolant leak in heater coil, etc. - all before 90K miles. I love the performance and look of my Jeep. I just wish it wasn't so expensive to maintain. It's only saving grace is it is paid for."

worst suv i ever owned

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"I have owned my 2004 jeep grand cherokee special edition for not even a year. In this short time I have had so many problems with it. First it was my heated seat (it burnt through my leather) and after fighting with the dealership they fixed that. Then there was my heater/ac would only blow out of my defroster..that ended up being a disconnected hose. Then my a/c compresser went, along with my alternator. Let me remind You that this Jeep only has 32,000 miles on it. It is three years old with more rattles and suspension noise then my 96 cutlass ever had. Yeah the Jeep looks nice but it is let me say again the worst car I have ever owned. If your are looking into buying a jeep please re think about your decision"

Can't beat it!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"Love this Jeep! Bought it brand new in 2003 and just gave it to my 17 year old daughter for her birthday last year. Has 127K and still runs great. Minor repairs after it hit 100K but still worth it. Great for the snow and ice and crummy roads of NJ!"

been super reliable 4.0 never die

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"got with 5k in 04 just normal maint.10years never let us down hwy. hwy millage is good city not so much 21-15 had out west got 20mpg at 90 but don't tell any one at 130k the 4.0 still feels new fixed common front brake proplem with slotted-drilled rotors and premium pads been 50k still going if you get standard ac heat no dash proplems"

I absolutely love this car!!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive!!"

"It is very comfortable to drive or ride in. It is very comfortable to drive. It has been very good to me. It is excellent in the snow and in summer time."

good vehicle when it keeps running

By on Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pros: "four wheel drive works well"

Cons: "shutting off while driveing after you reach 150,00"

"the jeep grand cherokee looks nice and drives nice. the four weel drive and all wheel drive model i have seat you can haul up to five or six people. that includes two in the front. the rear seats fold down an give you plenty of room for light hauling. the problem i have with mine is when the milage reached 160, 0000 it started shuting itself off while i was driveing down the road. there was not gas pedeal and all my gages went to zero. if you let it set for about ten minutes it will restart. I looked on the jeep forum and replaced evething and it still does it... it also says on the jeep forum this is a common problem and a hard to find fix....so as far as long term relaibility i rate this vehicle with a zero. I als found out that this is going on with all years from 1997 to the years 2003 and chrysler is aware of it. i do not recoomend anyone buying one of these vehicles."

In love with a vehicle?

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Safe, fun, beautiful, great extras, mileage decent"

Cons: "Cars don't last forever or I'd keep it."

"We bought this Jeep brand new and I've had it for 10 years. We are at the point that we have to decide if we want a new car. I am so in love with this vehicle it will be hard to let it go. We live in harsh winter conditions and I have never been scared on the roads...the handling is amazing. I feel like its a luxury vehicle even at 10 years old. This would be a perfect first car for a teen, so safe, cool and sized right for parking!"

I got 227,000 miles out of my Jeep!!!!!

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "comfortable stylish reliable"

Cons: "cant complain at all"

"I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited AWD V8 bought in 2004 with 36K miles. Just FINALLY quit on me with 227,000 miles. The only engine type of repairs I had to do in my 9 years of ownership was replace the battery a few times and replace the radiator once! I highly recommend the Grand Cherokee!!! I definitely got my money's worth!!!"

Awesome! My third Grand C herokee

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "awesome onor offroad, great in snow (lived at a s"

Cons: "gas mileage 11-13 mpg"

"Very little problems. AS most all Grand Cherokees-the driver side window quit working $225 to repair. Replaced power steering pump, and moon roof motor."

best of all

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "love the 4x4"

"out of all the cars i owned this is the best..as this is my second jeep with 218k miles on it but still runs like a champ."