2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1667 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Solid and Reliable

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Great Interior, Comfortable Ride"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee since new, and it is a great vehicle. Anyone who knows cars will tell you this 4.0L engine is "bullet-proof" and will run forever. I have had no major issues with it, just a few minor repairs and maintenance in the last 13 years!"

got my moneys worth

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cons: "ate tires and brakes up"

"I bought this jeep brand new. besides it chewing up tires and brakes I had awesome luck with it. Looking for another one now. That jeep kept me save and my kids. I can't believe I put that many miles on it(17 miles on it when I purchased it) and it would still be still going had it not been totaled. But no one got hurt and thats all that matters"

Keeping it for the long run

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Safe, Power, looks good, dependable"

"I've now owned this jeep for 3 years and have put roughly 60k miles on it. At 110k miles on it i have yet to have an issue. Simple parts have had to be replaced such as oil, u-joints, and belts and hoses but i consider that all standard maintenance. Other then that the jeep is a boss in the michigan weather and one of the most comfortable rides i've ever had the chance to experience. Lastly it has the 4.7l V8 and after driving the 4l inline 6 there is no way i'd ever go back to not having the v8. It has a lot more power to get up and go when needed and gas mileage from my understanding is slightly better then the i6. If your looking to get a used car or get a safe car for a future driver, this suv should really be considered."

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Fancy"

Cons: "Bad gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Jeep this year. It was a little beat up, but not that bad for a twelve year old car. It runs like a champ and its got more buttons and switches than my T. V. remote. I feel like I'm riding on a cloud when I take it anywhere. The leather has a few rips, but it's twelve years old. The engine has a lot of miles on it, but I can tell it has many more to go. This car is like my baby, and I'll probably keep it until its last mile."

Good Overall Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I bought my jeep used in 2002 and continue to run it to this day almost 6 years laters. This car has been a great all around car. It goes great in the winter and not so big that you have problems getting around town. I have had a few repairs done including a new rear axle and most recently a new compressor for the AC. I average around $2000 a year in repairs. Parts for repairs usually run a little more than most cars but seem to last after they are replaced. I would buy again and would suggest to a friend with no hesistation. One suggestion to anyone looking at a jeep use carbon ceramic brake pads to cut down on brake dust."