2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1567 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

best jeep i ever owed

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"this is the most comfortable jeep I have ever owned. body style is excellent. full time four wheel drive is great. ride is that of a jeep. comes in handy for all the potholes. this is one tough good looking vehicle. the only draw back is gas mileage is not great. performance make up for that. overall the best jeep I have ever had."

Great SUV, lots of repairs down the road

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable, built, affordable, easy to fix, resale"

Cons: "Parts and labor can be expensive, 150,000"

"Great jeep, who doesnt love a jeep. My jeep was very reliable, but once I hit 150,000 miles it started to fall apart. replaced the starter, alternator, master cylender, break booster, all the breaks, battery, radiator, and had quite a few electrical problems....expecially with the rear break lights, must have been a short somewhere? I LOVE jeeps, and will forever drive a jeep. These vehicles are built to last, and can take a beating."

Truly Loved my Jeep!

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Reason: 14 years old, beginning to need a mechanic

Pros: "Gas mileage, Comfort, option package"

Cons: "Age"

"I bought this baby new with optional package upgrades. Served me well with few repairs for 14 years. Felt like I sold my comfortable "home away from home"."

too many problems

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

"I bought this jeep used with 30000 miles. O2 sensors went out, gas cap, fuel pump, front seat broke, radio went out, radiator, front seal, ac core, left side power window and leaks water into the cab when the ac is used."

never ending problems and expenses.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful car, luxury"

Cons: "expensive upkeep, unreliable"

"I bought my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited edition quadra-drive in 2009. It had 53,000 miles on it and it now has 137k. I bought a warranty with the car and I put it to good use. As soon as the warranty ran out at 100k it was all down hill from there. I LOVED this Jeep before 100k and still did until at 130k the engine went. Not being able to afford a new vehicle I replaced the engine with a used one. It took my mechanic about a month to get all the kinks out and I was broken down on the side of the road countless times. It got to a point I didn't trust it at all to drive. The kinks finally were worked out and for 3 months it drove ok. NOW it feels like the transmission is slipping and it might have a front end problem. This vehicle has caused so much stress on my family. If you have an older jeep without a warranty you have to know about Jeeps and like working on them yourself or it's not worth it. My Classic Cherokee was SO much better in the snow. The quadra-drive is awful. It is basically an AWD so you can prepare to spend a fortune on replacing tires or ruining your drive train if you dont. Its a big gas hog and it's not very fast for a V6. I've replaced so much on the jeep its about 50% new parts! So frustrating. Jeeps are so fun to drive and when its in good condition it feels like the best car you could ever have. So comfortable, luxurious, great sound system. Exterior looks ok with minor rusting. The fake chrome wheels looked awesome until the chrome paint starts flaking off. It's a nice car but you need to be financially prepared for the upkeeps."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25