2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1640 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Third Jeep Cherokee, Going for my Fourth

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"I have owned my '99 Grand Jeep Cherokee for years and have 270200 miles to date. These are mountain and highway miles. This is a great vehicle, just maintain properly. Every Jeep Cherokee I have owned I place up to 200000 miles. This current V-8 has surpassed my expectations. I have personally put about 225000 of these miles on my 99. I am searching for my next Jeep :) Common problem with the Jeep Cherokee that I have had are: heating elements go out, front drive shafts (get it from a junk yard), alternator, power window motors and the caps that cover the tail light bulbs on the interior of case appear to burn / scorch at contacts. A few dollars for each cap to replace."

Solid and Reliable

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Great Interior, Comfortable Ride"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee since new, and it is a great vehicle. Anyone who knows cars will tell you this 4.0L engine is "bullet-proof" and will run forever. I have had no major issues with it, just a few minor repairs and maintenance in the last 13 years!"

Its a great car

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Go anywhere with it"

Cons: "Chrysler needs to adress the common ticking noise"

"Love this car I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun car to drive. Only bad thing is the gas milage but if your looking at SUV's then youknow that they are not the best."

99 GC Limited

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Relieabilty, Fun To Drive, Sound System,"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Factory Breaks"

"I got this car brand new and put 235000 miles on it between 1999 and 2010. It now has 265000 and is still running strong! This car dose not get driven on a daily bases because I am saving it for my son but me and my wife drive it once and a wile. When I first got it every 10000 Miles the breaks would go. But when I got them replaced at a different place other than the Jeep dealer I had no more problems. Around 90000 the first big problem was the cooling system for the car. Then at 120000 the AC went and thats about it until A cupel of months ago where it had been sitting for a long time and I had to replace some sensors to get it to start. The build quality inside is evan good by todays standards with a soft dashboard and probably the most soft comfy leather that I have ever sat in. The V6 engine is not that powerful but sounds good and if you really put your foot down it will go. It handles better that you would expect A tall SUV with a smooth ride to and its overall really fun to drive. The sound system is great with the right amount of bass and tremble. It has SIMPLE controls that everyone understands."

I've owned 20 cars and this one was the best.

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "dependable, powerful (4.7 H.O) comfort."

Cons: "Mileage 15/19"

"Comfortable, fast, dependable. Never left me stranded 180,000 miles. I hated to have to sell it but wife loves the new Jeeps."