2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1635 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

I will not buy another Jeep

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

"Purchased our jeep new in 1999. Sales manager had driven it so the jeep had 8300 miles on it. Jeep very comfortable and easily handled deep snow. Rear differential went out shortly after warranty expired. Dealer quoted $1,300 to repair. Dealer owner negotiated with Chrysler, so I ended up paying $200 instead. Two years later, the rear end went out again. This time the expense came out of my pocket. Other issues include electrical (interior lights automatically coming on and going off), ball joints and struts, numerous oil and power steering leaks, and the ever noticeable "ticking sound" which proved to be the lifters. A local, reputable shop quoted $800 to replace, Lifters are not that much; it's the difficulty with getting to the old lifters. I've had cheaper vehicles that have been much more reliable."

the little engine that could

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Cons: "windows go very easily"

"I have had this jeep for a couple years now. I could not have asked for a better suv. I can drive knowing that me and my child are in good hands, even with such high mileage."

A big surprise over time

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable for the zombie apocalypse!"

Cons: "They don't build Jeeps like this any more :("

"I have had this vehicle since new in 1999. I didn't set out to buy a Jeep, but this car popped up at the right time, at the right price. Through the years, I have done almost everything with, and to this Jeep. With regular maintenance, and timely replacement of mechanical consumables (brakes, belts, hoses, shocks & such) this Jeep ran like a top for 289,000 miles. At that mileage, the skirt broke off the #6 piston. Even then, it didn't leave me stranded and got me home. I bought a rebuild kit, and embarked on a DIY engine rebuild. In about three days, I had a new engine for all intents and purposes. After all those miles, there was no sign of wear in the cylinder walls or bearings. Now at 309,000 miles, I replaced the cam position sensor. I never replaced plugs until 250,000 miles. I will drive this Jeep until it will drive no more."

Make we have purchased several times.

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

"We have been driving Jeep Grand Cherokees since 1998 and have had been very satisfied with every one. All have been either Limited or Overland. The ease of driving, turning and getting into or out of the vehicle has been of utmost importance to us."

jeep keeps on going

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "great capablity in the snow n"

"I bought my jeep in 2008 with only 56,000 miles on the gauge I haven't have many issues expect the reasonable ware and tear you would expect all the parts that I bought for this jeep I would estimate cost me about 1500 dollars over the past 7 years that's new rotors, tires, brake pads, brake caliper, fan switch, thermostat,and upper & lower ball joints."