2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1663 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Solid and Reliable

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Great Interior, Comfortable Ride"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee since new, and it is a great vehicle. Anyone who knows cars will tell you this 4.0L engine is "bullet-proof" and will run forever. I have had no major issues with it, just a few minor repairs and maintenance in the last 13 years!"

got my moneys worth

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cons: "ate tires and brakes up"

"I bought this jeep brand new. besides it chewing up tires and brakes I had awesome luck with it. Looking for another one now. That jeep kept me save and my kids. I can't believe I put that many miles on it(17 miles on it when I purchased it) and it would still be still going had it not been totaled. But no one got hurt and thats all that matters"

Keeping it for the long run

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Safe, Power, looks good, dependable"

"I've now owned this jeep for 3 years and have put roughly 60k miles on it. At 110k miles on it i have yet to have an issue. Simple parts have had to be replaced such as oil, u-joints, and belts and hoses but i consider that all standard maintenance. Other then that the jeep is a boss in the michigan weather and one of the most comfortable rides i've ever had the chance to experience. Lastly it has the 4.7l V8 and after driving the 4l inline 6 there is no way i'd ever go back to not having the v8. It has a lot more power to get up and go when needed and gas mileage from my understanding is slightly better then the i6. If your looking to get a used car or get a safe car for a future driver, this suv should really be considered."

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Fancy"

Cons: "Bad gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Jeep this year. It was a little beat up, but not that bad for a twelve year old car. It runs like a champ and its got more buttons and switches than my T. V. remote. I feel like I'm riding on a cloud when I take it anywhere. The leather has a few rips, but it's twelve years old. The engine has a lot of miles on it, but I can tell it has many more to go. This car is like my baby, and I'll probably keep it until its last mile."

Great all around urban warrior.

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "great drive, reliable,"

Cons: "just some little stuff, still a great vehicle."

"I bought this vehicle used to replace my 95 F150 for something that could tow light duty, seat more people and haul around my military and camping gear. I have traveled all over with it and it has given me little to no trouble at all and I always receive compliments on it. My leather interior is still holding up great with no tears or wear spots in it. The 4x4 in this Jeep (slect Trac) is really great and this is coming from a serious off road guy that builds all sorts of vehicles. MD has a series of back to back waves of snow and I was driving around picking up my soldiers, friends and family as well as pulling people out along the way with my normal highway tires. Off road it is not a rock crawler but it will hold its own and I have been on many trips with it loaded down with gear, kayaks on the roof and here we are just blazing up trails like it was a driveway. So I bought this Jeep on Valentine's day 2006 with 70K miles now it has about 240K or more on it and this is 6 years later. I replaced much of the steering system but it was not needed except for my own maintenance and to ensure my lift kit was safe. I did upgrade the brakes to the later style which have improved braking and reduced maint. I love the 4.0l which at times (towing) can be under powered but its bullet proof and I would drive today to Alaska and back from MD in with with no worries at all. The rear suspension bushings take a beating with the lift but its worth it. I came on here to see the current value of the jeep because while I am currently deployed my GF was rear ended in it and it only messed up the rear hatch and plastic bumper. She loves the thing and we will replace the hatch and drive it until some real damage is done to it. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Oh some other minor issues, lock actuators go out after a few years and make a noise but other wise its maint free."