2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1663 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Good Overall Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I bought my jeep used in 2002 and continue to run it to this day almost 6 years laters. This car has been a great all around car. It goes great in the winter and not so big that you have problems getting around town. I have had a few repairs done including a new rear axle and most recently a new compressor for the AC. I average around $2000 a year in repairs. Parts for repairs usually run a little more than most cars but seem to last after they are replaced. I would buy again and would suggest to a friend with no hesistation. One suggestion to anyone looking at a jeep use carbon ceramic brake pads to cut down on brake dust."

Reliable durables

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Power yes fun to drive"

Cons: "The infinity gold sound system, was never good."

"Bought new in 2000, 14 years later I've replaced the brakes, oh and the tires, lol I change the oil every 3500 and the other fluids as recommended. At this point, the best vehicle I've very owned. I'm 45 years old, I've owned a few."

Great all around urban warrior.

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "great drive, reliable,"

Cons: "just some little stuff, still a great vehicle."

"I bought this vehicle used to replace my 95 F150 for something that could tow light duty, seat more people and haul around my military and camping gear. I have traveled all over with it and it has given me little to no trouble at all and I always receive compliments on it. My leather interior is still holding up great with no tears or wear spots in it. The 4x4 in this Jeep (slect Trac) is really great and this is coming from a serious off road guy that builds all sorts of vehicles. MD has a series of back to back waves of snow and I was driving around picking up my soldiers, friends and family as well as pulling people out along the way with my normal highway tires. Off road it is not a rock crawler but it will hold its own and I have been on many trips with it loaded down with gear, kayaks on the roof and here we are just blazing up trails like it was a driveway. So I bought this Jeep on Valentine's day 2006 with 70K miles now it has about 240K or more on it and this is 6 years later. I replaced much of the steering system but it was not needed except for my own maintenance and to ensure my lift kit was safe. I did upgrade the brakes to the later style which have improved braking and reduced maint. I love the 4.0l which at times (towing) can be under powered but its bullet proof and I would drive today to Alaska and back from MD in with with no worries at all. The rear suspension bushings take a beating with the lift but its worth it. I came on here to see the current value of the jeep because while I am currently deployed my GF was rear ended in it and it only messed up the rear hatch and plastic bumper. She loves the thing and we will replace the hatch and drive it until some real damage is done to it. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Oh some other minor issues, lock actuators go out after a few years and make a noise but other wise its maint free."

best vehicle i ever bought

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "looks great, roomy, comfortable, drives amazing"

Cons: "could get a lil better gas"

"I jus recently was vehicle shopping and i wanted a 4x4 truck but hten saw this jeep and instantly fell in love with it. i bought it used right then...i had 3 mechanics go thru the vehicle and they couldnt find anything wrong with it. it is the most comfortable vehicle and drives wonderful... never been happier with a vehicle. i will definitely buy another."

Great performance on hauling and long trips

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great for hauling, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Guzzles gas, the cup holders suck"

"My vehicle is now ten years old, with 151,000 miles on it and still purrs like a kitten. In the time that time that I have had it, I have taken it across country four times (most recent cross country trip was three months ago), hauled furniture on the top rack, hauled furniture on the interior of the vehicle, and hauled a 5x8 trailer filled to maximum capacity. I have also taken it off road through water, mud, snow, and other elements. The Jeep has GREAT performance off road and although proper tires help, even if you just have street tires the 4WD will get you out of almost any tough situation. I have only had a few minor problems, which have all been fairly easy and inexpensive to fix. More recently I have now investing a little more money into it to fix problems, but that comes from normal wear and tear due to it's age and mileage. As long as you keep the Jeep properly maintained it will last for a very long time. My only complaint is that it's a gas guzzler. If it were more fuel efficient I would've given it a 10."