2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1640 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Worth The Money

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Cons: "multi-cd player gets cranky."

"This is my 3rd Grand Jeep. Currently 300000 miles and still going. Maintain these vehicles and you can not go wrong. Have had this Jeep for 12 years, drive daily, mountains / highway, etc. Major replacement at 275000+/-, transfer case (refurbished), less than $1000 total. CV Joints twice replaced."

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Fancy"

Cons: "Bad gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Jeep this year. It was a little beat up, but not that bad for a twelve year old car. It runs like a champ and its got more buttons and switches than my T. V. remote. I feel like I'm riding on a cloud when I take it anywhere. The leather has a few rips, but it's twelve years old. The engine has a lot of miles on it, but I can tell it has many more to go. This car is like my baby, and I'll probably keep it until its last mile."

Good Overall Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I bought my jeep used in 2002 and continue to run it to this day almost 6 years laters. This car has been a great all around car. It goes great in the winter and not so big that you have problems getting around town. I have had a few repairs done including a new rear axle and most recently a new compressor for the AC. I average around $2000 a year in repairs. Parts for repairs usually run a little more than most cars but seem to last after they are replaced. I would buy again and would suggest to a friend with no hesistation. One suggestion to anyone looking at a jeep use carbon ceramic brake pads to cut down on brake dust."

Reliable durables

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Power yes fun to drive"

Cons: "The infinity gold sound system, was never good."

"Bought new in 2000, 14 years later I've replaced the brakes, oh and the tires, lol I change the oil every 3500 and the other fluids as recommended. At this point, the best vehicle I've very owned. I'm 45 years old, I've owned a few."

Great performance on hauling and long trips

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great for hauling, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Guzzles gas, the cup holders suck"

"My vehicle is now ten years old, with 151,000 miles on it and still purrs like a kitten. In the time that time that I have had it, I have taken it across country four times (most recent cross country trip was three months ago), hauled furniture on the top rack, hauled furniture on the interior of the vehicle, and hauled a 5x8 trailer filled to maximum capacity. I have also taken it off road through water, mud, snow, and other elements. The Jeep has GREAT performance off road and although proper tires help, even if you just have street tires the 4WD will get you out of almost any tough situation. I have only had a few minor problems, which have all been fairly easy and inexpensive to fix. More recently I have now investing a little more money into it to fix problems, but that comes from normal wear and tear due to it's age and mileage. As long as you keep the Jeep properly maintained it will last for a very long time. My only complaint is that it's a gas guzzler. If it were more fuel efficient I would've given it a 10."