2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1667 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

My Third One

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, dependable, solid"

Cons: "not the best mileage"

"I run Grand Cherokees until they are up to 200,000 miles - then trade in for a newer one. I lived remote Montana and did not want to run it longer than that. Love them - would gladly look for my 4th in a row when this one hits 200,000 but I might be looking for better gas mileage then. But I do feel safe and comfortable in the Cherokee. Never let me down in the Montana winters, fun to drive backroads in the summers."

Great Jeep for the long run

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

"I have had this Jeep (not SUV) for 5 years and out side of the normal breaks, water pump, and tires this puff kitty Jeep has done everything I've asked of it. NoT a Rubicon but it will go where any std. Wrangler will go. This is my work vehical and has over 130k miles and still give me a great ride on a long trip. The 2k trade in isn't worth mentioning for this Jeep because I'll run it till the pistons wear out before I give it up. Hope this was helpful."

Sleep easy knowing i own a jeep

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "All Wheel Drive, Comfortable Seating, Reliable"

Cons: "Head lights fog easy"

"I have owned my jeep for 4 years now and put around 60000 miles on it. I have Driven it across the country twice and do frequent trips back and forth from seattle to Boise, extremely reliable with no problems. In 4 years i have only had to replace a rear door lock actuator, fairly simple, and a muffler due to rust. I take this rig off road as well, its near stock and handles perfectly! I have never owned a better rig for snow driving either, with all wheel drive and a 4.7L V8 i dont worry at all when my wife takes it out. I even used it to pull a Uhaul out of the mud! I recommend a grand cherokee to everyone who wants an suv that is reliable and powerful."

It's a Jeep Thing.

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I bought my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 8 years ago with 65,000 miles...... 211,643 miles later and it is still running and looking as good as the day I bought it! I haven't had any major problems: the power window motor had to be replaced, and the suspension is a little stiffer than it used to be, but after 200,000+ miles through all kinds of terrain and cross country trips, worse could be expected. I've driven my Jeep on backroads and interstates alike from Maryland to Montana and still drive with confidence even with such high mileage. Great in the snow, mud and rocks, it still looks sharp! Only minor dents and dings that would be expected of an older vehicle. Interior still looks almost new. Get a Jeep and you won't regret it. There's a reason Jeep has such a great following and high reputation."

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Got this suv when I was pregnant. very, very comfortable. drives well in the snow, and is great for traveling. Only gets 17 mpg on average, which can be a pain. There do seem to be a few minor problems: Service engine light is always on and beeps every time I turn the engine on. This started about a week after I bought the jeep. I had it looked at, and was told that the gas cap sensor was saying the gas cap was off. When you take car out of four wheel drive, It still seems to be stuck in it for a few days. It's noticeable when making sharp turns, especially in parking lots and driveways. Speakers don't have very good sound. The left front speaker sometimes goes out, maybe due to a minor wiring defect...? Other than that, I'm in love with this car, and after having it for over a year, I haven't had any major problems with it."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

By on Friday, January 9, 2015

Pros: "reliable , fun to drive"

Cons: "would be nice if had a sun roof lol"

"i love this car gets great MPG very smooth ride and other then regular maintains have nothing go wrong and i drive it up and down California."

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Reliability, Reliability!"

Cons: "That I can't replace it with another brand new!"

"I purchased this car new in 2002 (V-8). It has easily been the most reliable car I have ever owned, with the only repairs ever having been made in the past 12 years that I have owned it being the front driver and passenger window regulators. They must have been made cheaply or faulty, but the replacement ones have been working fine for years now. Literally, other than regular maintenance items like brakes, tires and 1 battery, this car has not needed any other repairs. I owned a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country before this one, and that was a great car also. I had been a little hesitant about purchasing the 2002 as I had heard Grand Cherokee reliability can be a little sketchy, but when I took it for a test drive I felt it was a great car. I had only owned it for 2 weeks and went to see my hairdresser, and he stated that he had purchased one as well, but that it had all kinds of problems with it, and he returned it and exchanged it for another one, and it was a lemon also. When I asked him what kind of problems, he stated "everything". I was a little worried that mine would be like that too, but mine has been the most awesome car! I normally wouldn't keep a car for over 12 years, but I've loved this car so much I haven't wanted to part with it. I've been thinking about getting a new car, and would like to purchase the 2014 Grand Cherokee, but the reviews I have been reading are not very good."

I love my Jeep! Goes anywhere/everywhere

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "great highway power to pass"

Cons: "sound system not so hot-no bluetooth"

"My husband and I have owned Jeep Grand Cherokees since 1985, about the time they were introduced. I'm a skier now living on the California Central Coast so driving 7 hours to ski is not uncommon. I ALWAYS feel safe and comfortable in my Jeep, no matter what the road conditions. Our current Jeep, 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 liter V8 FWD with nearly 125K miles,has not given us a moment's trouble other than typical wear and tear. It is reliable, hardworking and good looking. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Love My Jeep Grand Cherokee - Not my Fathers jeep!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable & Made in America!!"

Cons: "Should have bought one years ago..."

"Sold My 2001 Caddy for a Jeep, as my Daughter has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, (286k miles)- which I love to drive, but when I drove the Jeep Grand Cherokee its like driving a Caddy on a mountain - rides so... smooth for an suv - Great Bullet Proof - strong inline 6Cyl. 4.0 liter Engine - now I know why there's so many of these vehicles on the road..!"

Love this car.

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Great handlling on snow and ice."

Cons: "Poor local driving mileage."

"My car is comfortable, easy to drive, makes me feel safe, has had few problems during its 13 years and 105000 miles, and is unbeatable on snow and ice. Local driving mileage has never been as advertised, probably because my Grand Cherokee has a straight 6 instead of a V6 motor. Highway mileage exceeds what is advertised. Hoping to keep driving it for many more years."