2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1647 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Keeping it for the long run

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Safe, Power, looks good, dependable"

"I've now owned this jeep for 3 years and have put roughly 60k miles on it. At 110k miles on it i have yet to have an issue. Simple parts have had to be replaced such as oil, u-joints, and belts and hoses but i consider that all standard maintenance. Other then that the jeep is a boss in the michigan weather and one of the most comfortable rides i've ever had the chance to experience. Lastly it has the 4.7l V8 and after driving the 4l inline 6 there is no way i'd ever go back to not having the v8. It has a lot more power to get up and go when needed and gas mileage from my understanding is slightly better then the i6. If your looking to get a used car or get a safe car for a future driver, this suv should really be considered."

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Fancy"

Cons: "Bad gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Jeep this year. It was a little beat up, but not that bad for a twelve year old car. It runs like a champ and its got more buttons and switches than my T. V. remote. I feel like I'm riding on a cloud when I take it anywhere. The leather has a few rips, but it's twelve years old. The engine has a lot of miles on it, but I can tell it has many more to go. This car is like my baby, and I'll probably keep it until its last mile."

Good Overall Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I bought my jeep used in 2002 and continue to run it to this day almost 6 years laters. This car has been a great all around car. It goes great in the winter and not so big that you have problems getting around town. I have had a few repairs done including a new rear axle and most recently a new compressor for the AC. I average around $2000 a year in repairs. Parts for repairs usually run a little more than most cars but seem to last after they are replaced. I would buy again and would suggest to a friend with no hesistation. One suggestion to anyone looking at a jeep use carbon ceramic brake pads to cut down on brake dust."

Reliable durables

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Power yes fun to drive"

Cons: "The infinity gold sound system, was never good."

"Bought new in 2000, 14 years later I've replaced the brakes, oh and the tires, lol I change the oil every 3500 and the other fluids as recommended. At this point, the best vehicle I've very owned. I'm 45 years old, I've owned a few."

best vehicle i ever bought

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "looks great, roomy, comfortable, drives amazing"

Cons: "could get a lil better gas"

"I jus recently was vehicle shopping and i wanted a 4x4 truck but hten saw this jeep and instantly fell in love with it. i bought it used right then...i had 3 mechanics go thru the vehicle and they couldnt find anything wrong with it. it is the most comfortable vehicle and drives wonderful... never been happier with a vehicle. i will definitely buy another."