1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1668 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Love My Jeep!

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

"Capable off road, comfortable, and dependable. The one down side is the fuel efficiency."

99 Grand Cherokee

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"Bought my 99 GC Limited in 05, love the truck! I do all the work on it and I have replaced a speed sensor on the trans and seals on the rear differential and transfer case. Also drivers blend door actuator is acting up now. Have done all 4 brake pads, normal wear. Hood actuators would not hold hood open, $30 at AutoZone, 15 minutes to replace. Oh ya, also oil pressure sensor was leaking, $50 and 15 minutes to replace. I don`t know what was done previously to it but it has a beautiful ride, better than some cars. Can`t understand some peoples complaint on the ride unless they have too stiff of a shock on theirs. Love the heated seats, infinity sound system is great, sunroof and of course the remote stater, live in Northwest IN and it gets COLD here. If you don`t work on your vehicles it`s going to cost some big bucks to keep it on the road, but I love mine! 4.7 liter is unbelievably fast, plenty of power when you need it. If you have a `99, watch for the leaks and get them fixed before you blow the diffs or transfer case."

My 1st Vehicle "Lauretta" and she is GREAT!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Style, comfort, interior, off-road, its a Jeep"

Cons: "Gas is eh, but what do you expect?"

After some muddy back roads

"I am the 2nd owner. I Got her in March of 2012 with 163,000 miles exactly. Running a 4.0 L. Inline 6 the miles don't mean a thing since she's running off the best motor jeep ever built! The interior was and still is spotless and the outside only had a small dent on the back hatch about the size of a silver dollar. Sure friends have cars that seem more "sporty" or "cool" but I'm the one laughing at them when they get STUCK in the snow and ice of Northern Indiana winters. And don't forget about being able to seat 5 comfortably! I have put new BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires on and it gives this "soccer mom jeep" a much more aggressive JEEP look and they are the best tires you can get with this truck with out getting a lift kit. I must admit I have had to replace pretty much EVERYTHING underneath except for the actual wheels due to the age of this vehicle, but its now the only Jeep i know that rides like a Cadillac! I have stretched out her legs a bit over the years I've had her, including 2 trips to Chicago, and one trip to Sandusky Ohio, some mudding, brutal winter of 2014. This jeep has made it through the same mud holes a 4 inch lifted wrangler no problem! Sure the water was over part of the hood but no worries! Some people say Wranglers are the only true Jeeps which are the TRUE Jeeps, but don't count this WJ out! This WJ is overall a great vehicle! She will get you there while also keeping your butt nice n' toasty!"

After some muddy back roads

Excellent SUV, handles very well, decent mpg

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and practical, rear cover,full size spare"

Cons: "Some peeling on aluminum wheels"

"Jeep has been detailed biweekly for years, garage kept for last 2 plus. All miles are long distance driving, not around town. All oil chgs since 100,000 miles have been fill synthetic. Engine is clean. Paint and interior in very good shape. Mileage decent driving long distance. All maintenance has been kept up to date. Jeep will need new tires soon after purchase; tread 4/6. Selling because decided to purchase a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee."

2002 jeep limited

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "very solid , good driving, powerful"

Cons: "stereo tinny"

"I bought this suv new in 2001. I have had to replace all four window regulators and the tweeters in the dash.I replaced the headlight assembly for cosmetic reasons. No other failures of any kind.It runs and drives as good as when new. Resale value is not good but with a trade-in value of $3500 I will drive it a few more years. I get 20 mpg on highway."