1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1641 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Great all around urban warrior.

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "great drive, reliable,"

Cons: "just some little stuff, still a great vehicle."

"I bought this vehicle used to replace my 95 F150 for something that could tow light duty, seat more people and haul around my military and camping gear. I have traveled all over with it and it has given me little to no trouble at all and I always receive compliments on it. My leather interior is still holding up great with no tears or wear spots in it. The 4x4 in this Jeep (slect Trac) is really great and this is coming from a serious off road guy that builds all sorts of vehicles. MD has a series of back to back waves of snow and I was driving around picking up my soldiers, friends and family as well as pulling people out along the way with my normal highway tires. Off road it is not a rock crawler but it will hold its own and I have been on many trips with it loaded down with gear, kayaks on the roof and here we are just blazing up trails like it was a driveway. So I bought this Jeep on Valentine's day 2006 with 70K miles now it has about 240K or more on it and this is 6 years later. I replaced much of the steering system but it was not needed except for my own maintenance and to ensure my lift kit was safe. I did upgrade the brakes to the later style which have improved braking and reduced maint. I love the 4.0l which at times (towing) can be under powered but its bullet proof and I would drive today to Alaska and back from MD in with with no worries at all. The rear suspension bushings take a beating with the lift but its worth it. I came on here to see the current value of the jeep because while I am currently deployed my GF was rear ended in it and it only messed up the rear hatch and plastic bumper. She loves the thing and we will replace the hatch and drive it until some real damage is done to it. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Oh some other minor issues, lock actuators go out after a few years and make a noise but other wise its maint free."

99 Grand Cherokee

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"Bought my 99 GC Limited in 05, love the truck! I do all the work on it and I have replaced a speed sensor on the trans and seals on the rear differential and transfer case. Also drivers blend door actuator is acting up now. Have done all 4 brake pads, normal wear. Hood actuators would not hold hood open, $30 at AutoZone, 15 minutes to replace. Oh ya, also oil pressure sensor was leaking, $50 and 15 minutes to replace. I don`t know what was done previously to it but it has a beautiful ride, better than some cars. Can`t understand some peoples complaint on the ride unless they have too stiff of a shock on theirs. Love the heated seats, infinity sound system is great, sunroof and of course the remote stater, live in Northwest IN and it gets COLD here. If you don`t work on your vehicles it`s going to cost some big bucks to keep it on the road, but I love mine! 4.7 liter is unbelievably fast, plenty of power when you need it. If you have a `99, watch for the leaks and get them fixed before you blow the diffs or transfer case."

Excellent SUV, handles very well, decent mpg

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and practical, rear cover,full size spare"

Cons: "Some peeling on aluminum wheels"

"Jeep has been detailed biweekly for years, garage kept for last 2 plus. All miles are long distance driving, not around town. All oil chgs since 100,000 miles have been fill synthetic. Engine is clean. Paint and interior in very good shape. Mileage decent driving long distance. All maintenance has been kept up to date. Jeep will need new tires soon after purchase; tread 4/6. Selling because decided to purchase a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee."

2002 jeep limited

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "very solid , good driving, powerful"

Cons: "stereo tinny"

"I bought this suv new in 2001. I have had to replace all four window regulators and the tweeters in the dash.I replaced the headlight assembly for cosmetic reasons. No other failures of any kind.It runs and drives as good as when new. Resale value is not good but with a trade-in value of $3500 I will drive it a few more years. I get 20 mpg on highway."

Love this Jeep

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and like a tank in bad weather!"

Cons: "None other than SUV gas mileage"

"Purchased new and the only unscheduled maintence was a crank sensor going bad for $225.00. Smooth ride, quiet cabin, solid reliable engine that will literally plow through any weather conditions. I have had no major repairs as I kept up with all the maintence. Would highly recommend this vehicle as a good used SUV as long as it has not been abused. Gas mileage is not great but very reliable vehicle."