1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1647 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Owned three years on a lease. Give up next month at 45,000 and I would buy another but need a truck. Yes I had the jeep brake rotor problem (fixed once on recall and once I paid). Not a big deal, Cost me $200. Appointments, power (tow a 20ft boat), size, styling are excellent for the price. No other problems. Especially like the size. Had an explorer prior and it was too big."

Fun car

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I bought my '03 used, is in great shape. Not the best on gas mileage, and a little bit of a rough drive, (like a truck). But fun, fun, fun. I really enjoy driving my Jeep, even though it's only a 2WD, it performs like only a Jeep does. Sharp turning radius, good road grip, handles great during bad weather. Great in flood areas, sits high, goes through everything. Just remember, don't drive an SUV like a car."

Good stuff

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"I am on my second Grand Cherokee(2000). My first was a Laredo(99) and loved it. Drove it from WI to FL and back twice. I had only 2 probs with it, first my rear bearing went, but that was a mega prob for Grand Cherokees that year and Chrysler and Dyna fought over responsibility, neither of which took blame. And second, I lost it to a garage fire in 2005. I bought my 2000 Limited a few days later and have only needed oil changes. Have owned for 2yrs."

Best I've ever owned

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"Very Dependable, 116,000 miles with no major repairs. Only complaint front brake repairs. Finally fixed free by Chrysler after third rotor replacement at 70K. All is well since change to two piston calipers. Great power and good on road fuel econonmy. With 4.7 V8 I average over 20mpg on the highway. I have never kept a car this long. It will be seven years in Oct. of 2007. I hope it lasts another 7 years!"

I love my ride

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"This is the second Grand Cherokee I've owned, so I'm a repeat buyer. I bought my 2004 GC brand new and it has been very reliable. I love most everything about it. I have done some moderate off road trails (Colorado & Utah) and find the 4wd capability impressive. The ground clearance could stand to be better, but I experienced no problems with what I was navigating. I did some minor modifications (addition of some off road tires with new 16" rims and a Flowmaster muffler, which provides a bit more power and makes the V8 sound awesome) to make the vehicle more personal to my liking. I love the luxuxious appointments of the interior and the stylish look of the exterior. I am very pleased with this vehicle and have enjoyed owning and driving it over the last 3 1/2 years."